Daily Current Affairs 18 November 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Yudh Abhyas’, India-US Joint Military Exercise To Start In Uttrakhand
The Indian and the US armies began the military exercise in Uttarakhand. The military drill is to exchange best practices and tactics in sync with growing defence ties between the two countries.
- The ‘Yudh Abhyas’ exercise began amid the 30-month border standoff between India and China in eastern Ladakh.The 18th edition of the Indo-US military drill will end on the first week of December
- The military drill is conducted annually between India and the US. The previous edition of the exercise was conducted at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska (the US) in October last year.
Govt of India to abolish National Anti-Profiteering Authority
Government of India has decided to abolish the National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) from1 December 2022 as its terms come to an end on 30 November 2022. From 1 December 2022 the Goods & Services Tax (GST) anti-profiteering complaints would be dealt with by the Competition Commission of India (CCI) .
- The National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) was set up by the government of India on 30 November 2017 under section 171 of the Goods and Service Tax 2017. The Goods and Service Tax was implemented in India from 1 July 2017.
BANKING & FINANCE
German Bank ‘KfW’ To Provide 150 Million Euro Loan To SBI For Solar Projects
State bank of India said that it has signed a 150 million euro ( ₹1,240 crore) loan agreement with the German development bank KfW for funding solar projects.
- The long-term loan under Indo-German solar partnership, is to facilitate new and upcoming capacities in the solar sector and further contribute to the country’s goals announced during the COP26.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Wipro the first Indian Company to set up European Work Council
IT company Wipro has reached an agreement with employee representatives on setting up a European Works Council, the company said.
- The creation of an EWC follows a request by employees under an EU directive establishing the opportunity in companies with more than 1,000 employees across multiple European locations.
- European works councils (EWCs) are standing bodies that facilitate the information and consultation of employees in Europe and provides an opportunity to employees of the company to be informed and consulted on the transnational companies strategy and status.
Switzerland won First Billie Jean King Cup title by defeating Australia
Switzerland won their first Billie Jean King Cup title after Belinda Bencic saw off g Ajla Tomljanovic in straight sets in the second match of the finals to give them an unassailable 2-0 lead.
- Jil Teichmann had earlier prevailed 6-3 4-6 6-3 over Storm Sanders in a thrilling contest to put last year’s finalists Switzerland ahead before Olympic champion Bencic dismissed Tomljanovic 6-2 6-1 to clinch the best-of-three contest.
Asian Airgun Championship: Shiva Narwal bagged gold medal
India won four more Gold medal in air pistol events to take their gold tally to 17 in the Asian Airgun Championship in at Daegu in Korea.
- Shiva Narwal won the men’s 10m air pistol, while Sagar Dangi picked up the junior men’s gold.Shiva got the better of experienced Korean Park Daehun in the men’s air pistol final, taking him down 17-13 in a close contest. He also had the Korean’s number in the ranking round where he topped with 253.7. Park was second with 250.2.
- In addition, both the men’s and women’s youth teams also won their respective competitions to make it another successful day for India.
- India’s Vijayveer Sidhu also picked up a bronze in the event, after he finished the ranking round in third place with 248.0.
- In the junior men’s air pistol, it was a 1-2 finish for India, as Sagar Dangi overcame Samrat Rana 17-13 to claim gold.
- India’s third gold came in the men’ 10m air pistol Youth event, when the trio of Sandeep Bishnoi, Sahil and Amit Sharma beat a Korean team 16-8 in the gold medal clash.
- The fourth and final gold of the day came in the women’s 10m air pistol youth event where Kanishka Dagar, Yashsavi Joshi and Harnavdeep Kaur defeated yet another Korean team 16-10 in the final match.
PFRDA named Suraj Bhan as chairman of NPS Trust
Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority has appointed Suraj Bhan as the chairman of the National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust), responsible for managing funds under the National Pension System (NPS).
- Consequent upon the tenure of the present chairman of the trust coming to an end on November 11, 2022, the authority has designated Suraj Bhan as chairperson of the board of the Trustee with effect from November 12, 2022, Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority (PFRDA) said in a circular.
- He joined the Indian Economic Service in 1983 and retired as Director General of Labour Bureau, Chandigarh, in January 2018.
Paddler Sharath Kamal becomes first Indian player elected to ITTF
Achanta Sharath Kamal, a prominent Indian paddler, is the first Indian to be chosen to the International Table Tennis Federation’s Athletes’ Commission (ITTF).
- Eight athletes, including four men and four women, were chosen for the Athletes’ Commission from Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe, and Oceania. They will serve for four years, from 2022 to 2026. Sharath thanked all of the voters and all of Asia for their support and devotion in a statement released by the Table Tennis Federation of India.
- Sharath has already been selected for Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award, the country’s highest sports recognition this year. He will receive the honour later this month
Indian Basketball legend Abbas Moontasir passes away
Indian basketball legend Gulam Abbas Moontasir passed away in Mumbai night after prolonged illness . He was 80.
- A former India men’s team captain, Moontasir led India in 1969 and 1975 Asian Basketball Championships and was selected in the Asian All-Star team in 1970.
- In his long and illustrious career, he built a reputation for aggressive play and was fiercely competitive on court.He was conferred on the Arjuna Award in 1970.
UNGA Designates Nov 18 As World Day For Prevention Of Child Sexual Abuse
The UN General Assembly has adopted a resolution to designate November 18 every year as the World Day for the prevention of and healing from child sexual exploitation, abuse and violence.
- The resolution invites all member states, relevant organisations of the UN system and other international organisations, world leaders, faith actors, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders to commemorate this World Day each year in a manner that each considers most appropriate, Xinhua news agency reported.