Daily Current Affairs 19 July 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Union HRD Minister launches “Deeksharambh”
Union Minister of Human Resource Development released UGC Guide to Student Induction Programme “Deeksharambh” in New Delhi.
- The guide to Student Induction Programme is to help new students adjust and feel comfortable in the new environment, inculcate in them the ethos and culture of the institution, help them build bonds with other students and faculty members, and expose them to a sense of larger purpose and self-exploration.
Uttarakhand to host first ever Himalayan states conclave
Uttarakhand will host the first ever Himalayan states conclave on July 28 where the prime focus will be on sustainable development.
- The conclave will host the Chief Ministers of the Himalayan states – Uttarakhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Tripura, Mizoram and Nagaland, along with administrators and specialists.
Sri Lanka signs agreement with India to upgrade railway lines
Sri Lanka has signed an agreement with India to upgrade tracks in a key railway segment connecting the north and south at a cost of $ 91.26 million.
- This is the first time in 100 years that the 130 km-long-tracks, running from Maho town in the North Western Province to Omanthai in the Northern Province, are being upgraded.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Jio pips Airtel to emerge as second largest mobile operator: TRAI
Reliance Jio, the newest entrant in the telecom sector, has pipped Bharti Airtel to become the second-largest mobile operator with 32.29 crore subscribers in May, according to data released by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
- Vodafone Idea — born last year from the merger of older operators Vodafone India and Idea Cellular — continues to be the largest operator with 38.75 crore consumers.
ADB cuts India’s GDP growth rate from 7.2% to 7% for FY20
Asian Development Bank lowered India’s GDP growth rate from 7.2% to 7% for the current fiscal year.
- India is expected to grow by 7% in 2019 and 7.2% in 2020, slightly slower than projected in April, ADB said in its supplement to the Asian Development Outlook 2019.
BSE, Haryana govt sign pact to facilitate MSMEs raise capital
BSE has inked a pact with Haryana government to encourage and support state’s micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to raise capital.
- The Government of Haryana and BSE intend to facilitate SMEs in raising funds through BSE’s dedicated platform for SME’s “BSE SME” where small companies can list and raise productive capital, gain visibility and credibility vis-a-vis large corporates.
Haryana govt signs pact with NSE for growth of MSMEs
National Stock Exchange has signed a pact with the Haryana government to help boost the growth of micro, small and medium enterprises sector in the state.
- NSE will support the Haryana government in enhancing the financing opportunities for MSMEs in the state, through listing on NSE’s SME exchange platform “NSE Emerge”.
Hima Das bags 4th gold in 15 days, Muhammad Anas wins men’s 400m race at Tabor Athletics Meet
Star Indian sprinter Hima Das clinched her fourth gold as she won the 200m race with a creditable time in the Tabor Athletics Meet in Czech Republic.
- In men’s 400m, Muhammad Anas won in 45.40 seconds in a mediocre field.
Sachin Tendulkar inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar became the latest cricketer to be inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame.
- With this, he has become sixth Indian after Bishan Singh Bedi, Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, Anil Kumble and Rahul Dravid to be bestowed the recognition.
ICC suspends Zimbabwe Cricket with immediate effect
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has suspended Zimbabwe Cricket with immediate effect for failing to fulfil their obligation of ensuring that there is no government interference in its administration.
Nigerian John Obi Mikel announces retirement from international football
Nigerian footballer John Obi Mikel announced his retirement from international football. His decision comes after the end of Nigeria’s campaign in the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).
Govt’s ”Find the Incredible You” campaign wins PATA award
The “Find the Incredible You” campaign of the Tourism Ministry, has won the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Award, 2019.
- The campaign won the award under the “Marketing – Primary Government Destination” category.
“Kargil: Untold stories from the War” Book released
“Kargil: Untold stories from the War”, the book published by Penguin Random House, is authored by Rachna Bisht Rawat.
- On the 20th anniversary of the Kargil War, a new book will revisit the freezing battle grounds of the 1999 conflict through untold stories of its bravest soldiers.
Nelson Mandela International Day
The United Nations observes 18 July every year as Nelson Mandela International Day. The day acknowledges the Nelson Mandela’s contribution to the struggle for democracy internationally and the promotion of a culture of peace throughout the world. Nelson Mandela Day is an occasion for all to take action and inspire change.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs
One Thought to “Daily Current Affairs 19th July, 2019”
Thanks for your text. I would like to say that your health insurance brokerage also utilizes the benefit of the actual coordinators of any group insurance. The health broker is given a listing of benefits needed by someone or a group coordinator. Such a broker will is look for individuals or maybe coordinators which often best match those requirements. Then he gifts his recommendations and if each party agree, the particular broker formulates a binding agreement between the 2 parties.