Daily Current Affairs 19 June 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Deputy Prime Minister of Russia Yury Trutnev Visits India
The Deputy Prime Minister of Russia Yury Trutnev addressed a gathering of businesspersons and industrialist in Mumbai and invited Indian Investments in the Russian Far East.
Unemployed Graduates To Get Up To Rs 3,500 In Rajasthan
Unemployed youth having graduation or equivalent degree will be given unemployment allowance by Rajasthan government.
- Male applicants will get Rs 3,000/month, while the women and differently-abled will get Rs 3,500/month under Chief Minister Yuva Sambal Yojana from February this year.
- The applicants must be natives of Rajasthan and the amount will be given for two years or until they get employed.
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare approves Cancer Institute at GMC Jammu
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, has formally approved 120 crore rupee Cancer Institute at Government Medical College, Jammu for strengthening the tertiary level cancer services in the State.
Armies of India and Myanmar carried out a coordinated operation ‘Operation Sunrise 2’
The armies of India and Myanmar carried out a three-week-long coordinated operation from May 16 in their respective border areas named ‘Operation Sunrise 2’. They targeted the militant groups operating in Manipur, Nagaland, and Assam to bust terror camps.
5th Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA) Summit 2019 held in Dushanbe, Tajikistan
The 5th Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA) Summit 2019 was held in Dushanbe, Tajikistan, from 14-15 June 2019.
- The theme of the 5th Summit is “Shared Vision for a Secure and More Prosperous CICA Region”. India is a member of CICA since 1999.
Rashid Khan becomes most expensive bowler in World Cup history
Afghanistan leg spinner Rashid Khan recorded the worst bowling figures in a ICC World Cup Match after conceding 110 runs in 9 overs against England.
- Previous record of conceding 105 runs in 12 overs was held by New Zealand’s Martin Snedden.
Nihal Sarin wins blitz event at 2019 Asian Continental Chess Championship
Nihal Sarin, a 14-year-old Indian Chess Grandmaster has secured a win at the 2019 Asian Continental Chess Championship in Xingtai, China in the blitz event.
Om Birla elected as 17th Lok Sabha Speaker
Om Birla, a two-time Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member of Parliament (MP) from Rajasthan, is set to be unanimously elected as the 17th Lok Sabha Speaker.
- Om Birla was elected to the 17th Lok Sabha from the Kota-Bundi constituency.