Daily Current Affairs 19 November 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Uttarakhand High Court to be shifted to Haldwani from Nainital
The Uttarakhand High Court will be shifted from Nainital to Haldwani. This decision was taken in a cabinet meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami in Dehradun.
- Uttarakhand cabinet has also decided to make strict amendments in the conversion law, wherein forced conversion will now be a cognizable offence. With provision of 10 years of punishment under the new law. For this, a bill will be brought in the assembly.
Abu Dhabi host the First Global Media Congress
Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company host the first edition of the Global Media Congress, in partnership with Emirates News Agency. The congress was heldfrom 15th to 17th November. The conference program will be delivered in multiple languages, appealing to a global audience.
- The Global Media Congress will offer a platform for journalists, tech firms, content creators, digital marketing professionals, streaming giants, entertainment executives, regulators, and key media stakeholders.
- The Global Media Congress will facilitate critical knowledge exchange and present opportunities for business partnerships for media professionals from across the globe.
BANKING & FINANCE
Federal Bank Ties up with JCB India to Finance Heavy Equipment Buyers
Federal Bank announced that it has partnered with JCB India to expand its loan portfolio and fund potential buyers of heavy construction equipment.
- The private sector lender said it has inked a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with JCB India, a leading manufacturer of earthmoving and construction equipment.
- Federal Bank, this collaboration would increase the financing alternatives for JCB consumers in India.
IPC suspends Russian, Belarusian Committees with Immediate Effect
The International Paralympic Committee has suspended the National Paralympic Committees (NPCs) of Russia and Belarus with immediate effect on November 17, 2022, dashing the hopes of para-athletes competing in the 2024 Paralympics.
- Athletes from the two countries had previously been barred from competing in the Beijing 2022 Winter Paralympics in March over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, for which Belarus has been a staging area.
Sandhya Devanathan appointed as Meta’s New India Head
Sandhya Devanathan has been named the India head of Meta, the social media giant announced, days after Ajit Mohan resignation as Meta’s former India head. Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp are all owned by Meta.
- Devanathan has been appointed as the new head of Meta’s operations in India, and Marne Levine, the company’s chief business officer, expressed his pleasure at her appointment.
Retired BPCL chairman Arun Kumar Singh to be next chief of ONGC
Arun Kumar Singh is likely to be the new head of the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC). He has served as chairman of the oil refining and marketing company BPCL. If he is selected, he will get three years as head of the cash-rich Public Sector Unit (PSU).
- This is the first time a top PSU board-level position going to be represented by a person aged over 60 after the oil ministry gave the age relaxation criteria.
- The previous age criteria were 58 years if the applicant is from within the PSU and 57 years for the external candidates at the time of vacancy.
Gianni Infantino set to get third term as FIFA president
FIFA president Gianni Infantino will stand unopposed to be re-elected for a third term in the position.
- Infantino, 52, became head of world football’s governing body when he succeeded Sepp Blatter in 2016. The Swiss-Italian was then re-elected until 2023 in 2019.
Dr CV Ananda Bose appointed as Governor of West Bengal
Dr CV Ananda Bose was appointed as West Bengal Governor. CV Ananda Bose’s appointment will take effect from the date he assumes charge of his office.
- Manipur Governor La Ganesan has been holding the additional charge of West Bengal since July after his predecessor Jagdeep Dhankhar resigned following his nomination as the National Democratic Alliance’s vice presidential candidate.
NTPC team won Gold award at 47th ICQCC-2022
NTPC’s QC Team from Unchahar ABHYUDAYA has won the “GOLD” award in the 47th International Convention on Quality Control Circle (ICQCC-2022). The convention is being held from 15-18th November in Jakarta.
- The theme for ICQCC-2022 was “Built Back Better through Quality Efforts”.
- NTPC QC Team presented on “Frequent Choking of Collecting tanks of AHP-IV” .
Cambridge Dictionary announced ‘Homer’ as Word of the Year 2022
Cambridge Dictionary has announced its 2022 word of the year, and did you know it has a Wordle connection? The Cambridge Dictionary word of the year for 2022 is ‘homer’.
- The word saw a huge spike in searches on the Cambridge Dictionary website in 2022, with over 65,000 searches occurring in a single day.