Daily Current Affairs 19 September 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
ECI launches BLO e-Patrika to establish direct communication with booth level officers across India
The Election Commission of India released a new digital publication ‘BLO e-Patrika’ at an interactive session held with BLOs spread across the states in the country.
- Over 350 BLOs joined via video-conferencing from the office of Chief Electoral Officers (CEOs) in states/UTs and 50 BLOs from the nearby states of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi joined the launch event physically at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands declared India’s first Swachh Sujal
Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has declared Andaman and Nicobar Islands as India’s first Swachh Sujal Pradesh.
- Speaking at a function in Port Blair, he handed over the certificate to Lieutenant Governor Admiral DK Joshi.
- Now, all villages of Andaman and Nicobar Island have been certified as Har Ghar Jal and verified as open defecation free – ODF plus. Mr Shekhawat congratulated all the islanders for this major achievement and highlighted people participation to complete this journey.
Indian war vessel INS Tarkash takes part in Joint Maritime Exercise with Nigerian Navy
Indian Navy warship INS Tarkash which is currently mission deployed in the Gulf of Guinea (GoG), took part in a Joint Maritime Exercise with Nigerian Navy Patrol Ships on September 12-13, according to a statement by Indian Navy.
- The Nigerian Navy Patrol Ships which participated in the naval exercise as a part of the deployment were NNS Kano, Osun, Sokoto and Nguru.
- The exercise provided an opportunity to strengthen interoperability between the Indian and Nigerian navies in various facets of maritime operations like anti-piracy, assistance to vessels in distress, SAR drills, and anti-air and anti-surface operations.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI allows BBPSto process cross-border inbound remittances
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to allow foreign inward remittances received under the Rupee Drawing Arrangement (RDA), to be transferred to the KYC compliant bank account of the biller (beneficiary) through Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS).
- Currently, foreign inward remittances received under RDA can be transferred to the KYC compliant beneficiary bank accounts through electronic mode, such as, NEFT, IMPS.
- Rupee Drawing Arrangement (RDA) is a channel to receive cross-border remittances from overseas jurisdictions. Under this arrangement, the Authorised Category I banks enter into tie-ups with the non-resident Exchange Houses in the FATF compliant countries to open and maintain their Vostro Account.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Air India Unveils Transformation Plan: Vihaan.AI
Air India unveiled its comprehensive transformation plan, to establish itself, once again, as a world-class global airline with an Indian heart – the absolute best in class in customer service, in technology, in product, in reliability and in hospitality.
- The plan is fittingly titled “Vihaan.AI”, which in Sanskrit signifies the dawn of a new era, with identified objectives for Air India over the next 5 years.
- As part of Vihaan.AI, Air India has put into place a detailed roadmap with clear milestones focussing on dramatically growing both its network and fleet, developing a completely revamped customer proposition, improving reliability and on-time performance, and taking a leadership position in technology, sustainability, and innovation, while aggressively investing behind the best industry talent.
Indian javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia clinches silver medal in World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Morocco
Indian javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia has clinched a silver medal in the World Para Athletics Grand Prix, in Morocco.
- Paralympics gold medalist Devendra threw the javelin to a distance of 60.97 meter to capture the silver.
- Devendra is a three-time Paralympics medalist.
Bajrang Punia becomes 1st Indian to win 4 medals at World Wrestling C’ships
Ace grappler Bajrang Punia became the only Indian to claim four medals at the World Wrestling Championships by clinching a bronze in the current edition.
- Bajrang, who won a bronze in last year’s Tokyo Olympics, eked out a close 11-9 win on points over Sebastian C Rivera of Puerto Rico in one of the the bronze medal bouts in the 65 kg category.
- Besides Bajrang, Vinesh Phogat won her second World Championship bronze medal in the women’s 53kg category.Vinesh had defeated Emma Malmgren of Sweden 8-0 to claim the bronze.
UNICEF appoints climate activist Vanessa Nakate as Goodwill Ambassador
U.N. children’s agency UNICEF named Vanessa Nakate, a 25-year-old Ugandan climate activist, goodwill ambassador.
- Her collaboration with the organisation and recognising her outstanding global advocacy for climate justice for current and future generations.
Prasanna Kumar Motupalli appointed CMD- NLC India Limited
Public enterprises selection board (PESB) selected Prasanna Kumar Motupalli as the Chairman and Managing Director of NLC India Limited on September 13, 2022. Currently, He is serving as Executive Director in NTPC limited.
- Motupalli is having an illustrious career and vast experience spanning over three decades in multiple disciplines of the power sector and was Executive Director in NTPC before joining Managing Director of GSECL.
Centre warns mobile users against new banking virus ‘SOVA Android Trojan’
In its most recent advisory, the central government’s cyber security agency stated that a new mobile banking ‘Trojan’ virus, SOVA, which can secretly encrypt an Android phone for ransom and is difficult to erase, is targeting Indian users.
- The virus has been upgraded to its fifth version after being discovered in Indian cyberspace in July.
- According to the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team or CERT-In, the federal technology arm that combats cyber attacks and protects the Internet space from phishing and hacking assaults and other online attacks.