Daily Current Affairs 2 December 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Exercise Sudarshan Prahar conducted by Indian Army’s Sudarshan Chakra Corps
Indian Army’s Sudarshan Chakra Corps carried out Exercise Sudarshan Prahar in the deserts of Rajasthan.
- The exercise focussed on the synergised application of combat power through the integration of force multipliers & practising new battle techniques in an integrated all arms environment showcasing high level of professionalism and offensive spirit.
12th Edition of Agni Warrior exercise between Indian and Singapore Concludes
The 12th Edition of Exercise Agni Warrior, a bilateral exercise between the Singapore & Indian Army, concluded at Field Firing Ranges, Devlali (Maharashtra).
- Exercise Agni Warrior, involved showcasing joint firepower planning, execution and use of New Generation Equipment by the Artillery arm of both armies.
- Exercise also included participation by both sides in a joint computer war-game as part of joint planning process. Both sides utilised niche technology and Artillery Observation Simulators as part of joint training phase.
India assumes the Presidency of the UNSC for December Month 2022
India has assumed the Presidency of the UN Security Council for the month of December.
- It is the second time in its two-year tenure as an elected member of the UN Security Council that India has assumed the Presidency of the Council. India had earlier assumed the Presidency of the UNSC in August 2021.
Tamil Nadu CM inaugurated SIPCOT industrial park
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin inaugurated the SIPCOT Industrial Park at Eraiyur in Perambalur district, and laid the foundation stone for the Phoenix Kothari Footwear Park
- This is the first SIPCOT (State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu Limited) industrial park in the industrially backward district of Perambalur. The park established on 243.49 acre in Eraiyur on the Chennai-Tiruchy national highway follows the announcement of the government for 2022-23 to promote industrial development in the districts of Coimbatore, Perambalur, Madurai, Vellore, and Tiruvallur.
- The Guidance Tamil Nadu – State nodal agency for investment promotion and single window facilitation – signed 10 MoUs with the Phoenix Kothari Footwear and its 10 affiliated companies including those from Taiwan for an investment of Rs 740 crore. These would ensure jobs for 4,500 people.
BANKING & FINANCE
Yes Bank, Turtlefin launched online Insurance Services platform ‘EasyNsure’
TurtleFin, India’s leading insurtech platform, has partnered with YES BANK, one of the leading private sector banks in India, to create a comprehensive technology platform EasyNsure. Turtlefin’s distinctive API will power the platform to offer a bouquet of holistic insurance solutions on a single platform.
- Turtlefin’s unique and customized technology solutions will enable the platform to offer a seamless customer experience to its clients.
- The EasyNsure platform is live with over 40 Life and General Insurance plans to be readily available for consideration.The platform has created over 30,000 insurance quotes with more than 6,500 proposals and 5,200 policies being punched.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Rs. 1,45,867 Crore Gross GST revenue collected for November 2022
The gross GST revenue collected in the month of November 2022 is ₹1,45,867 crore of which CGST is ₹25,681 crore, SGST is ₹32,651 crore, IGST is ₹77,103 crore (including ₹38,635 crore collected on import of goods) and Cess is ₹10,433 crore (including ₹817 crore collected on import of goods).
- The government has settled ₹33,997 crore to CGST and ₹28,538 crore to SGST from IGST as regular settlement. The total revenue of Centre and the States after regular settlements in the month of November 2022 is ₹59678 crore for CGST and ₹61189 crore for the SGST.
- In addition, Centre had also released ₹17,000 crore as GST compensation to States/UTs in November 2022.
Prasanth Kumar elected as new President of AAAI
Prasanth Kumar, the chief executive officer (CEO) for South Asia of GroupM Media (India) Pvt Ltd, has been elected the president of the Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) for 2022-23.
- Kumar will replace Anupriya Acharya, who will now be the ex-officio member of the AAAI Board for 2022-23.
- Kumar has an experience of over 25 years in the industry. He worked at Pepsi, The Hindu, The Media Edge & McCann Erickson before joining GroupM. He has also been vice president of AAAI from 2020 to 2022.
A Biography of English Poet John Donne wins UK Nonfiction Book Prize
A book that argues Elizabethan poet John Donne should rank alongside William Shakespeare as a literary genius won Britain’s leading nonfiction book award.
- British writer Katherine Rundell’s biography “Super-Infinite: The Transformations of John Donne” was named winner of the 50,000 pound ($59,000) Baillie Gifford Prize at a ceremony in London.
- The Baillie Gifford Prize recognizes English-language books from any country in current affairs, history, politics, science, sport, travel, biography, autobiography and the arts.
Former President of China Jiang Zemin passes away
Former President of China Jiang Zemin, who supported economic reforms leading years of growth in the country, has died at the age of 96. Jiang Zemin crushed the pro-democracy protests in Tiananmen Square.
- Jiang, who was China’s president from 1993 to 2003, saw the country through historic changes, including a revival of market-oriented reforms, the return of Hong Kong from British rule in 1997 and its entry into the World Trade Organization in 2001.
- He also presided over the achievement of a long-cherished dream: winning the competition to host the Olympic Games after an earlier rejection.