Daily Current Affairs 2 December for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Ministry Of Jal Shakti Organises ‘Jal Itihas Utsav’ In Delhi
Jal Shakti Ministry has organized ‘Jal Itihas Utsav’ at Shamsi Talab, Jahaz Mahal, Mehrauli, Delhi.The objective of this program is to increase public awareness towards conservation of water heritage sites, create a sense of ownership among the public, promote tourism as well as restoration of such heritage structures.
- The event marks the successful completion of the “Water Heritage Fortnight” celebrated in 75 ‘Natural Water Heritage Structures’ in various districts across the country from November 15, 2023 to November 30, 2023.
Bihar Launches ‘Mission Daksh’ To Aid 25 Lakh Academically Weak Students
The Bihar government launched a programme for nearly 2.5 million children lagging woefully behind their peers in schools with some of them incapable of reading simple Hindi words despite having reached upper primary classes, officials said.
- Additional Chief Secretary of Education KK Pathak wrote to all the district magistrates (DMs), requesting them to supervise the progress of the programme in their areas on a daily basis from December 1.
- District-wise monitoring committees, headed by DMs, would be formed for the effective execution of ‘Mission Daksh.
BANKING & FINANCE
UPI transaction value hits new high at ₹17.4 lakh crore in November
Transactions worth ₹17.40 lakh crore were processed on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform, setting a new record from the previous high of ₹17.16 lakh crore in October.Transactions reduced by 1.5 per cent to 11.24 billion, compared to a record high of 11.41 billion in October.
- The number of transactions were 10.56 billion in September, with a value of Rs 15.8 trillion. According to data shared by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), this was 54 per cent higher in volume terms and 46 per cent in value terms compared to the same month last year.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
GST revenues rise to ₹1.68 lakh crore in November; fastest growth this fiscal
India’s gross Goods and Services Tax (GST) revenues grew 15.1% in November to hit nearly ₹1.68 lakh crore, the third highest monthly tally so far from the indirect tax.
- This is the fastest uptick in tax collections so far in 2023-24, surpassing the 10-month high growth of 13.4% recorded in October. Taxes from domestic transactions and services imports rose over 20%, the Finance Ministry said, noting that this is the sixth time in this fiscal year that revenues have crossed ₹1.6 lakh crore.
Ruturaj Gaikwad Becomes the Fastest Indian to Score 4,000 Runs in Men’s T20
Ruturaj Gaikwad has become the fastest Indian to accomplish 4,000 runs in men’s T20 cricket.
He achieved the feat in the fourth T20I against Australia at the Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium in Raipur.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad entered the match needing just seven runs to reach the coveted 4,000-run mark in T20 cricket. He accomplished this remarkable feat in only 116 innings, showcasing his exceptional batting prowess.
- This achievement makes Gaikwad the quickest Indian batsman to achieve the milestone, surpassing the previous record held by KL Rahul, who reached 4,000 runs in 117 T20 innings. Virat Kohli, one of India’s cricketing legends, is the third-fastest Indian to achieve this feat, taking 138 T20 innings to do so.
West Indies Shane Dowrich Announces International Retirement
Shane Dowrich has retired from international cricket and withdrawn from the West Indies squad for the ODI series against England, the country’s cricket board (CWI) announced.
- Dowrich made his Test debut against Australia in 2015 and went on to play 35 Tests. His only ODI came against Bangladesh in 2019, and he was set to add to it in the upcoming ODI series against England. His last outing for the West Indies was against New Zealand in December 2020.
- The 32-year-old played 35 Tests, scoring 1570 runs with the best of 125 not out against Sri Lanka. As a wicketkeeper, he also recorded 85 catches and five stumpings.
India Navy appointed first woman commanding officer in naval ship
Commander Prerna Deosthalee will be the first woman officer of the Indian Navy to command Indian Naval Warship, the Indian Navy’s Western Fleet said.
- This appointment came a day after Navy Chief Admiral R Hari Kumar said the Indian Navy has appointed its first woman commanding officer in a naval ship in sync with its philosophy of ‘all roles-all ranks’ for female personnel.
- Commander Prerna Deosthale is presently the First Lieutenant of warship INS Chennai, the Indian Navy said. She hails from Mumbai and joined the Indian Navy in 2009
Odisha Pavilion bags award at IITF-2023
The India International Trade Fair (IITF-2023) concluded on a triumphant note at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Among the standout highlights was the Odisha Pavilion, which not only captivated visitors from the outset but also clinched the prestigious gold medal for “Excellence in Display” in the State Pavilion category.
- The Odisha Pavilion, a focal point since the inception of the trade fair, maintained its silver streak by securing the coveted gold medal. The Director of Information and Public Relations Dept, Saroj Kumar Samal, received the award on behalf of Odisha.
Power Grid Conferred SKOCH Gold Award 2023
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), a Maharatna CPSU under Ministry of Power, has been conferred the prestigious SKOCH Gold Award 2023. The award was received by Power Grid’s Executive Director B. Anantha Sarma and Chief General Manager (Corporate Planning) Abhinav Verma.
- The award was given for the Pugalur Thrissur 2000 MW Voltage Source Converter HVDC System. It is part of the Raigarh-Pugalur-Thrissur 6000 MW HVDC system and enables the transfer of 2000 MW to Kerala through the HVDC station at Thrissur.
NTPC Bongaigaon Secures Double Victory At Greentech Environment Award 2023
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) Bongaigaon has been honoured with two prestigious awards from the Greentech Foundation for its outstanding achievements in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environment Protection.
- NTPC Bongaigaon was awarded the trophy in the Environment Protection category at the 22nd Annual Greentech Environment Awards 2023 and the Trophy in the Rural Development category at the 10th Annual Greentech CSR India Awards.
- The GreenTech Environmental Awards recognize responsible and innovative practices that promote sustainability by reducing environmental impact and providing long-term benefits for society.