Daily Current Affairs 2 November 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
PM Modi releases commemorative coin marking 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative coin marking the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev, as well as a Thai translation of Tamil classic ‘Tirukkural’ prior to his speech at the Sawasdee PM Modi event in Bangkok.
Nod for construction of over 2 lakh houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
The Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee (CSMC) under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) on 1st November approved 371 proposals from participating states and Union Territories for construction of over 2 lakh houses with an overall investment of Rs 7,322 crore.
- The cumulative number of houses sanctioned so far is more than 93 lakhs.
Amarinder Singh launches first of its kind ‘Punjab job helpline’for job seekers
Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singhsaid that the state government has launched first of its kind Punjab job helpline number 76260-76260 for the job seekers. Singh appealed all the job seekers to call the helpline number and utilise the facility.
Mumbai selected member of UNESCO creative cities network for film, Hyderabad for gastronomy
UNESCO has designated Mumbai as a member of UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN) in the field of Film, and Hyderabad in the field of Gastronomy.
- UCCN, created in 2004, is a network of cities which are thriving, active centres of cultural activities in their respective countries. The UNESCO Creative Cities Network now counts a total of 246 cities.
Rajnath Singh attends SCO meeting in Tashkent
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh attended the meeting of the Council of Heads of Government (CHG) of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
India, Uzbekistan sign 3 MoUs in fields of Military Medicine and Education
India and Uzbekistan signed three Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) in the fields of Military Medicine and Military Education to further strengthen the defence cooperation between the two countries.
- The MoUs were signed following a bilateral between Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his Uzbekistan counterpart Major General Nizamovich during the former’s visit to the country.
India launches RuPay card in Saudi Arabia
India signed an agreement with Saudi Arabia to launch the RuPay card in the country, making it the third nation in the West Asia to initiate India’s digital payment system which will benefit not only the 2.6 million Indians in the Gulf Kingdom but also Haj and Umrah pilgrims.
- India has already launched the RuPay card in the UAE, Bahrain, Singapore and Bhutan.
- RuPay is a highly secure network that protects against cyberhacks and is India’s version of Master Card and Visa.
Spanish capital Madrid to host COP 25
The Spanish capital city of Madrid will host the UN Climate Change Conference (COP 25) from 2 to 13 December. The annual Conference of the Parties (COP) summit is a key event which allows representatives from around 200 nations to monitor and discuss the current situation of the world’s warming climate.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Google acquires Fitbit for USD 2.1 billion
Google has officially announced that it is acquiring Fitbit for USD 7.35 per share in cash as part of a deal priced at approximately USD 2.1 billion.
- Fitbit pioneered the wearables category and has sold more than 100 million devices, and has more than 28 million active users around the globe.
GeM Signs MoU With Indian Bank and Canara Bank For Payment Related Services
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) has signed MoU with Indian Bank and Canara Bank. The MoU will facilitate a cashless, paperless and transparent payment system on the portal and would create an efficient procurement system for government entities.
- Through this partnership, both the banks will be able to offer an array of services including transfer of funds through GeM Pool Accounts (GPA), advising of Performance Bank Guarantees (e-PBG), Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) and Payment Gateway to the registered users on the portal.
Kiren Rijiju, Praful Patel unveil official emblem of FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2020
The official emblem of FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 was unveiled in the presence of Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju and All India Football Federation (AIFF) president Praful Patel at the Gateway of India.
- The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 will commence from November 2 and will conclude on November 21.
South Africa beat England 32-12 to win Rugby World Cup
South Africa thrashed England 32-12 to clinch their third Rugby World Cup title at the Nissan Stadium in US. With this win, South Africa equalled New Zealand’s record of a country with most World Cup titles.
AIFF signs MoU with German Football Association
All India Football Federation (AIFF) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with German Football Association (DFB).
- The MoU covers a wide range of areas pertaining to Indian football such as coach education (including grassroots), talent scouting and promotion, deployment of professional referees to India, exchange between National Teams and visit of DFB all-star team (if feasible), joint marketing initiatives and sports administration via discussions on their competition management solutions.
Rajesh Bhushan given additional charge of Secretary (Security) in Cabinet
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet gave Rajesh Bhushan the additional charge of the post of Secretary (Security) in the Cabinet Secretariat.
- Bhushan, a 1987 IAS Officer from Bihar is currently the Secretary (Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat.
Dhanlaxmi Bank MD, CEO T. Latha resigns
Private sector lender Dhanlaxmi Bank managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) T. Latha has resigned.
Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik selected for Italian Golden Sand Art Award 2019
Acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has been selected for the Italian Golden Sand Art Award 2019.
- He will be felicitated during the International Scorrana Sand Nativity fete in Italy which will be held between November 13 and 18.
Pepsico India wins US award for saving water
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo presented the prestigious Award for Corporate Excellence to Pepsico India. This award is given for its efforts to save more than 17 billion of litres of water by conducting various community programs and replenished over 5 billion litres of water, by impacting 60,000 community members.
Former K’taka minister Vaijanath Patil passes way
Former Karnataka Minister Vaijnath Patil passed away at the age of 81. Patil was suffering from prolonged illness.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs
One Thought to “Daily Current Affairs 2nd November, 2019”
Hello! I simply would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice data you’ve here on this post. I shall be coming back to your blog for extra soon.