Daily Current Affairs 20 & 21 November 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Jal Jeevan Mission rankings: Several Uttar Pradesh districts excel, Shahjahanpur on top
Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, Shahjahanpur of UP has created history in providing tap connections to every household in rural areas.
- Shahjahanpur has become number one in the country in providing maximum tap connections in a month. According to the data given on the website of Jal Jeevan Mission, Bulandshahr, Bareilly, Mirzapur have also got a place in this survey.
- This success is being considered as a big leap of the Yogi government in the matter of rural drinking water supply. Shahjahanpur, Bulandshahr, Bareilly, Mirzapur districts should be on top in providing employment to the youth along with providing tap connections to the rural people. Various parameters like water quality, training of water testing to women have also come true.
Govt has decided to set up 100 archery academies to promote talent amongst tribal children by nurturing their archery skills: Arjun Munda
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda has said the government has decided to set up 100 archery academies in the country to promote talent amongst tribal children by nurturing their archery skills.
- Mr. Munda said, his Ministry is continuously working for enhancing educational and health facilities and also focusing on generating employment in the tribal areas.
- He informed that the government is setting up Eklavya Model Residential School and implementing ‘Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojna which aims at mitigating gaps and providing basic infrastructure in villages with significant tribal population.
Maharashtra government doubles pension of freedom fighters
The Maharashtra Government has decided to double the pension of freedom fighters from ten thousand to twenty thousand rupees per month.
- Accordingly, freedom fighters associated with India’s freedom struggle, Marathwada Mukti Sangram and Goa Liberation Movement will benefit from this decision.
- The state government is likely to incur an additional expense of 74.75 crore rupees due to this decision, which was approved by the state cabinet.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Goldman Sachs slashes India’s GDP forecast for 2023 to 5.9%
The Indian economy is likely to lose its momentum next year owing to higher borrowing costs and fading benefits from the Covid-19 pandemic reopening, Goldman Sachs said in a report.
- India’s Gross domestic product (GDP) may expand by 5.9% in calendar year 2023 from an estimated 6.9% this year, it said in a report.
- India’s gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 8.7% in 2021-22.Further, the firm expects headline retail inflation to ease to 6.1% next year from an estimated 6.8% this year, according to a Bloomberg report.
India launches official website of SCO for 2023-“For a SECURE SCO”
India has launched the official website of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) as it will host the next SCO summit as a chairman of organisation in 2023.
- The website highlights the events that will be undertaken under the chairmanship of India next year.The official website of India’s Chairmanship of SCO Council of Heads of State is now live at https://indiainsco.in.
- India received the SCO rotating presidency in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.India will hold the presidency of the grouping for a year until September 2023.
Manipur tops Northeast Olympic Games for second consecutive time
Powerhouse Manipur clinched the top position in the Northeast Olympic Games for the second consecutive time with 237 medals, including 85 gold, as the second edition of the regional multi-sport event concluded recently.
- Manipur also won 76 silver and 77 bronze while Assam was a close second with 201 medals (81 gold, 60 silver and 60 bronze) in the event competed among the eight states of the country’s northeast region from November 10.
- Arunchal Pradesh ended at third place while host state Meghalaya was fourth with 149 medals (36 gold, 35 silver, 78 bronze), a much better show than their sixth-place finish with 39 medals in the first edition.
BCCI sacks Chetan Sharma-led selection committee after World Cup disappointments
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), reportedly, sacked chairman of the selection committee, Chetan Sharma, after the national team crashed out of the T20 World Cup 2022 in Australia.
- Harvinder Singh, Sunil Joshi and Debasish Mohanty were the other members of the selection committee, headed by Sharma.
- India, captained by Rohit Sharma, made their way out of the tournament after losing to Jos Buttler’s England by 10 wickets at the Adelaide Oval.
Spiritual leader Dalai Lama conferred Gandhi Mandela Award
Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar felicitated Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama with the Gandhi Mandela Award at a ceremony in this Himachal Pradesh town.
- The award, constituted by the Gandhi Mandela Foundation, is in recognition of promoting the values and ideals of Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela in the interest of global peace and freedom.
- The award serves to recognise the global leaders who inspire citizens for peace, unity and freedom.
Khalid Jawed’s ‘The Paradise of Food’ wins the JCB Prize for Literature 2022
Author Khalid Jawed’s The Paradise of Food, translated by Baran Farooqi from Urdu, has won the fifth JCB Prize for Literature.
- The book, originally published as Ne’mat Khana in 2014, is the fourth translation to win the award and the first work in Urdu.
- The Paradise of Food tells the story of a middle-class joint Muslim family over a span of 50 years. Its narrator struggles to find a place for himself, at odds in his home and the world outside.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Tripura CM Dr Manik Saha launches web portal ‘Amar Sarkar’
Tripura chief minister Dr Manik Saha his government is working to ensure all central and state-sponsored schemes reach every doorstep and launched a new portal, ‘Amar Sarkar’, to act as a bridge between the people and the government.
- A total of 78 departments, including the panchayat department, has been included in the webportal. The portal will help people to register their problems and complaints through village committee officials.
- It is worthy to mention here that various problems and complaints of the people will be registered through the village and village committee level workers in this URL https://amarsarkar.tripura.gov.in/.