Daily Current Affairs 20 December 2020 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
India’s first Maritime Theatre Command to take shape next year
The country’s first Maritime Theatre Command (MTC) is set to take concrete shape by next year, with its commander-in-chief having full operational control over western and eastern naval fleets, maritime strike fighter jets and transport aircraft, two amphibious infantry brigades and coastal patrol vessels.
- The MTC will be the first new “geographical” theatre command to be created as part of the biggest-ever military restructuring plan.Maritime theatre command’s HQ to be at Karwar.
- The Maritime Theatre Command to be created as part of the biggest-ever military restructuring plan to build an integrated land-airsea war-fighting machinery for greater combat punch in a more cost-effective manner.
UP Chief Minister approves name, design of Noida’s Jewar Airport
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath approved the design, name and logo of the international airport to be constructed in Noida’s Jewar.
- It will be named Noida International Greenfield Airport while a picture of stork-the state bird will used in its logo.
- It will be designed on the lines of world-famous airports in London, Moscow and Milan.
- This airport will become the pride of India and will be one of the best in the world.
Centre approves Rs 90.60 Cr for new ICP in Tripura’s Sabroom
The Centre has approved of Rs 90.60 crore for land acquisition for the Integrated Check Post (ICP) in Sabroom subdivision of south Tripura.
- The estimated cost of the proposed ICP at Sabroom is around Rs 300 crore which will have separate passenger and cargo terminals with state-of-the-art facilities.
- The ICP will have a common boundary with the Sabroom railway goods yard for seamless transportation of goods from both ends.
AICTE to release Rs 20,000 maintenance grants to students enrolled under PMSSS
An Expert Group was constituted by the Prime Minister for enhancing employment opportunity among youths of J&K and Ladakh and formulate job opportunities in public and private sectors. Subsequently, Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) is being implemented by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- In order to support & empower students for completing online studies, it has been decided to release the installment of Rs. 20,000. The amount shall be released to all the beneficiaries pursuing classes in Odd Semester (July-December 20).
- The subsequent installment shall be released once the students shall join physically at their respective institutions based on the verification of continuation certificate issued by the Institution.
BANKING & FINANCE
World Bank approves 4 India projects worth $800 million to support development initiatives
The World Bank approved four India projects worth over USD 800 million to support development initiatives.
- The projects that have been approved are: Chhattisgarh Inclusive Rural and Accelerated Agriculture Growth Project (CHIRAAG); Nagaland: Enhancing Classroom Teaching and Resources Project; and Second Dam Improvement and Rehabilitation Project (DRIP-2).
- The projects support a range of development initiatives strengthening India’s social protection architecture, promoting nutrition-supportive agriculture for tribal households in Chhattisgarh, enhancing quality education in Nagaland and improving the safety and performance of existing dams across various states in India.
Yes Bank partners VISA, introduces new line of E-series debit cards
In partnership with VISA as a payment processor, YES BANK has launched a new line of debit cards – E-series. It will enhance payments efficiency for salaried and YES FIRST account holders.
- The Bank has also introduced a new line of vertical Debit cards under the E-series across Mastercard and VISA cards.
- With the new design, the card number and CVV details have been discreetly placed at the back, thereby improving security by making it less easy to capture these details while using it at ATMs or POS terminals.
- The E-series also offers a measure of choice to consumers to become eligible for a higher card variant, for a fee.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
FADA, ASDC join hands with Google India to bridge digital skills gap in auto dealerships
The Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) said it along with Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC) has tied up with Google India to bridge the digital skills gap in the country’s auto dealerships and build their capacity in this critical growth driver.
- ASDC and FADA in partnership Google India aims to prepare over 20,000 auto dealerships to engage with customers in the ongoing and post pandemic era.
Senior BJP leader and former Gonda MP Satyadev Singh passes away
Former Gonda MP Satya Dev Singh, one of the senior-most leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party, has passed away. He was 75.
- Satyadev Singh, who was known as a senior leader of the BJP not only in the district but also in the Mandal, had held several important posts.
- Satyadev was elected as Bhartiya Lokdal MP from Gonda in 1977 and was BJP MP from Balrampur in 1991 and 1996. He was also the national president of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha between 1980 and 1985.