Daily Current Affairs 20 October 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Dutch King and Queen on a 5-day India visit
The King of The Netherlands Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima arrived in India for a five-day state visit. The royal couple will attend the inaugural session of 25th Technology Summit in New Delhi. The Netherlands is the partner country for this summit.
Centre to launch e-portal, YouTube channel to promote ‘Indian culture’
Union Minister of State for Culture, Prahlad Singh Patel, will inaugurate an e-portal and a YouTube channel of Rashtriya Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) to promote Indian culture.
- The e-portal and the channel will be inaugurated at an event — “Digital Bharat – Digital Sanskriti” at the CCRT headquarters.
1st edition of CII’s Asia Health- 2019 conference held in New Delhi
The 1st edition of Asia Health-2019 conference with the theme ‘Serving the World’s Fastest Growing Region through Healthcare Convergence’, organized jointly by the National Health Authority and CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) held in New Delhi with the aim to bring multiple stakeholders together to discuss the future of Health.
Visakhapatnam: India-Myanmar Naval Exercise commence onboard INS Ranvijay
The opening ceremony of the second edition of ‘India Myanmar Naval Exercise’ IMNEX-2019 was conducted onboard INS Ranvijay in Visakhapatnam.
- Myanmar naval ships UMS Sin Phyu Shin (F-14) and UMS Tabinshweti (773) arrived at Visakhapatnam and would engage in professional interaction with Indian Navy personnel for sharing of expertise on various maritime issues between both the navies.
Sudarshan Chakra Vahini War exercise begins in Jaisalmer
Two-day long manoeuvres by Sudarshan Chakra Vahini of Indian Army Started at Jaisalmer, field firing range in Rajasthan.
- In this war exercise, the army is going to exhibit its strength regarding Agni Missile and artillery.
- Endogenously manufactured light helicopter Rudra and self-propelled artillery gun system K-9 vajra are also taking part in this exercise.
2nd edition of the Indo-French knowledge summit 2019 held in France
In order to promote higher education, research and innovation, a two-day 2nd edition of the Indo-French Knowledge Summit 2019, organised by the Embassy of France in India in association with the Ministry of Science and Technology and the HRD(Human Resource Development)Ministry, held at the University of Lyon, France.
Sri Lanka removed from FATF’s Grey List
Sri Lanka has been removed from the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) list of countries at risk for money laundering.
- Sri Lanka was first included in the blacklist in 2011. By 2012, Sri Lanka was listed in the list as a dangerous country with no commitment to the financial security plan.
2019 edition of the Global Tuberculosis (TB) Report released by WHO
The World Health Organisation(WHO) has released the 2019 edition of Global Tuberculosis(TB) report. The aim of the report was to provide data on TB (mycobacterium Tuberculosis) assessments and the progress in prevention and diagnosis of the disease in all regional and country level.
NASA Astronauts Make History with 1st All-Woman Spacewalk
Two NASA astronauts made space history as they completed the first-ever spacewalk by an all-woman team. Astronauts Christina Koch and Jessica Meir floated outside the International Space Station for a planned hours-long excursion to repair the station’s power system.
BANKING & FINANCE
No charges on digital payments made to large business establishments from 1 Nov
In a move that may boost digital payments, businesses with an annual turnover of more than ₹50 crore will have to mandatorily offer electronic mode of payments to their customers from 1 November, the finance ministry said on Friday.
- Besides, no charges or merchant discount rate (MDR) — charge that payment systems and banks impose on commercial transactions– will be levied on either customers or merchants.
- Payments via digital modes will make transactions for mid- and large-sized businesses more transparent and thereby prevent tax evasion.
3rd ODI: India Women clinch thriller vs South Africa to win series 3-0
Indian bowlers, particularly the spinners, came out with a stupendous bowling performance as the Women in Blue defeated South Africa in a low-scoring thriller and clinched the three-match ODI series 3-0.
Prithvi Sekhar wins gold in World Deaf Tennis Championship
Unseeded Prithvi Sekhar beat third seed Jaroslav Smedek of the Czech Republic 6-4, 6-3 in the men’s final of the World Deaf tennis championship in Antalya, Turkey.
P.V. Sindhu only Indian in Forbes list of highest-paid women athletes
India’s badminton star P. V. Sindhu is the only athlete from the country to be named among the world’s highest-paid female athletes by Forbes, a list topped by tennis great Serena Willams.
- With total earnings of 5.5 million dollars, Sindhu is tied for the 13th place in The Highest-Paid Female Athletes 2019 list released by Forbes.
SBI chairman Rajnish Kumar elected as chairman of Indian Banks Association
The chairman of State Bank of India(SBI) Rajnish Kumar was appointed as the new chairman of Indian Banks’ Association(IBA). He succeeds Sunil Mehta, the former Managing Director(MD) & Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Punjab National Bank(PNB).
Noted lawyer Parasaran honoured with Most Eminent Senior Citizen Award
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu presented the ‘Most Eminent Senior Citizen Award’ to former Attorney General K Parasaran.
- Parasaran was honoured with the award on the occasion of the Elder’s Day celebration organised by Age Care India, an organization working for the welfare of the elderly.
Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi K Palaniswami receives honorary doctorate
Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Edappadi K Palaniswami has bestowed an honorary doctorate (Doctor of Letters) by the Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- He said that the students must study, education and more importantly life skills makes students perfect.
Veteran writer K B Siddaiah passes away in car crash
Senior Kannada writer KB Siddhaiah has passed away. His car crashed while heading to his farm near Suganahalli-Kenkere, Hobli recently. The driver of the car died on the spot. Siddhaiah suffered a severe hemorrhage and infected his lungs.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs
One Thought to “Daily Current Affairs 20th October, 2019”
Thanks for discussing your ideas with this blog. Also, a delusion regarding the finance institutions intentions while talking about foreclosed is that the financial institution will not getreceive my payments. There is a degree of time in which the bank can take payments occasionally. If you are very deep inside the hole, they may commonly call that you pay that payment completely. However, i am not saying that they will not take any sort of installments at all. If you and the loan company can be capable to work anything out, a foreclosure method may cease. However, in case you continue to pass up payments within the new plan, the foreclosure process can just pick up from where it was left off.