Daily Current Affairs 21 February 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 550-tonne capacity Gobar-Dhan Plant in Indore
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated a 550-tonne capacity “Gobar-Dhan (Bio-CNG) Plant” in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, through video conferencing. This is the biggest Bio-CNG plant in Asia. It has been set up at a cost of Rs 150 crore.
- The gobardhan plant is based on the concept of waste-to-wealth innovation. Wet urban household waste and waste from cattle and farm is Gobar Dhan.
GoI to launch ‘Meri Policy Mere Hath’ to deliver crop insurance policies
Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare will launch ‘Meri Policy Mere Hath’ which is a doorstep distribution drive to deliver crop insurance policies to farmers under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
- Over 36 crore farmer applications have been insured under PMFBY, with over INR 1,07,059 crores of claims have already being paid under the scheme as of 4th February 2022.
Govt plans ‘Heal by India’ for positioning India as global source for health sector
The government of India will be promoting the ‘Heal by India’ initiative to improve India’s educational institutions in the health sector. The Union Health Ministry recently organized a Chintan Shivir — ‘Heal by India’ for two days.
- ‘Heal by India’ initiative is meant to generate job opportunities abroad for India’s trained professionals in the health sector and enhance education to churn out quality human resources in health, thus helping them become eligible to work anywhere in the world.
Career Counselling Workshop ‘Pramarsh 2022’ launched in Bikaner
Minister of State for Culture & Parliamentary Affairs, Arjun Ram Meghwal has launched ‘Pramarsh 2022’, a mega career counselling workshop, for the students of the Bikaner District region in Rajasthan. More than one lakh students from thousands of private & government schools of Bikaner district and mainly from rural areas participated in this workshop. It is the first such incidence in India that more than 1 lakh students participated in Career Counselling in one Workshop.
Kerala’s first Caravan Park to come up in Vagamon
Kerala’s first Caravan park is all set to come up in Vagamon, a scenic hill station located in the Idukki district. The park, as part of the state governments new Caravan Tourism policy, would be thrown open to travellers. Caravan Tourism was introduced by the state Tourism department as a safe means for holidaying at a time when people are unable to step out or travel due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
BANKING & FINANCE
JPMorgan becomes first bank to enter the metaverse
JPMorgan has become the world’s first bank to set up shop in the metaverse. The largest bank in the US has opened a lounge in the blockchain-based world Decentraland. Users can create their virtual avatars, build virtual spaces and roam in the lounge christened ‘Onyx Lounge’ after its suit of Ethereum-based services. The lounge also features a digital image of the bank’s CEO Jamie Dimon.
GoI, World Bank sign loan agreement of $115 million for implementation of REWARD Project
The Government of India, the State Governments of Karnataka and Odisha and the World Bank have signed a $115 million (INR 869 crore) Rejuvenating Watersheds for Agricultural Resilience through Innovative Development (REWARD) Programme.
- This programme will help national and state institutions adopt improved watershed management practices to help increase farmers’ resilience to climate change, promote higher productivity and better incomes.
SBI, PNB, BoB, UBI, Canara Bank and BoM acquires stake in IDRCL
State Bank of India (SBI), Punjab National Bank (PNB), Bank of Baroda (BoB), Union Bank of India (UBI), Canara Bank, and Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) have announced their subscription to the shares of India Debt Resolution Company Ltd (IDRCL).
- Public Sector Banks (PSBs) and Public FIs will hold a maximum of 49% in stake of IDRCL while the remaining stake will be with private-sector lenders. The NARCL has been incorporated under the Companies Act, and public sector banks will hold 51 per cent in NARCL.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
TransUnion tieup Ficci for MSME consumer education programme
TransUnion CIBIL has partnered with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) to launch a unique nationwide MSME consumer education program to support MSME.
- This program will kick off with MSME clusters in Maharashtra, Assam and Tripura and aims to reach thousands of MSMEs across key MSME clusters in India.
Hurun India Wealth Report: India’s millionaire households rose 11% in 2021
According to the latest Hurun India Wealth Report 2021, the number of dollar-millionaire households in India increased by 11 per cent to 4,58,000 households in 2021, as compared to 2020.
- A household having a net worth of at least INR 7 crore ($1 million), is referred to as a dollar-millionaire household. The report has estimated that the number of dollar-millionaire households in the country shall increase by 30% over the next five years to reach 6,00,000 households in 2026.
- Meanwhile, in the list of cities with the most millionaires, Mumbai has topped with 20,300 millionaires households. Mumbai is followed by Delhi with 17,400 and Kolkata with 10,500 millionaire households, respectively.
- The report is based on the survey on 350 Indian ‘millionaires’ (individuals with a personal wealth of $1 million).
Bihar’s Sakibul Gani became 1st player to hit triple ton on first-class debut
Bihar’s Sakibul Gani become the first player in the history of the game to score a triple century on his first-class debut. He scored 341 off 405 balls, hitting 56 fours and two sixes, in the Plate Group Ranji Trophy fixture against Mizoram at the Jadavpur University Campus ground, Jadavpur, Bengal.
Institute of Economic Growth named Chetan Ghate as its news Director
The Institute of Economic Growth has appointed Chetan Ghate as the new director succeeding Ajit Mishra. He was a member of the Reserve Bank of India’s first monetary policy committee between 2016-2020, is the winner of the 2014 Mahalanobis Memorial gold medal for the best research economist in the country under the age of 45. He is currently an external affiliate of the Centre for Research in Macroeconomics and Macro-Finance at Swansea University (Wales, UK).
Table Tennis player Manika Batra joins Adidas as brand ambassador
Table Tennis player, Manika Batra was named as the brand ambassador of Adidas. The partnership focuses on empowering women to realize their dreams, cheering for women to break barriers and boosting participation in sports.
Philanthropist Bill Gates conferred Hilal-e-Pakistan honour to eradicate polio
Microsoft founder and philanthropist, Bill Gates has been conferred with Hilal-e-Pakistan, the second-highest civilian honour in the country, for his efforts to help eradicate polio in Pakistan.
‘A Nation To Protect’ authored by Priyam Gandhi Mody
The book titled “A Nation To Protect” authored by Priyam Gandhi Mody was launched by Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya. The book highlights the role of PM Narendra Modi during the Covid crisis in the past two years.
A book on Rabindranath Tagore authored by Uma Das Gupta released
The book titled “A History of Sriniketan: Rabindranath Tagore’s Pioneering Work in Rural Construction” was authored by Uma Das Gupta and published under Niyogi Books ‘Paper Missile’ released.