Daily Current Affairs 21 July 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
MHA launched Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C)
MHA has rolled out a scheme ‘Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C)’ for the period 2018-2020, to combat cyber crime in the country, in a coordinated and effective manner.
- The Central Government has launched Cybercrime Reporting Portal to enable citizens to report online content pertaining to Child Pornography (CP)/ Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) or sexually explicit content such as Rape/Gang Rape (CP/RGR).
Kerala to set up India’s first space tech park in Thiruvananthapuram
The Kerala government will set up the country’s first space tech park at Thiruvananthapuram’s Knowledge City. The move is aimed at making the city a manufacturing hub for space-related technology.
- A space museum named after former President of India Dr APJ Abdul Kalam will also be a part of the infrastructure.
Chattisgarh Gets India’s 1st ‘Garbage Café’ For Ragpickers
The country’s first garbage cafe has been launched in Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh. Under this, the Municipal Corporation will provide food to the poor and homeless in lieu of plastic waste.
- Persons fetching 1 kg plastic waste will be offered a full meal while those collecting 500 grams waste will get a substantial breakfast.
- Ambikapur, which has been selected as the second cleanest city after Indore, plans to use the plastic for construction of roads.
Lucknow scheduled to host DefExpo India 2020
The Defence Ministry has decided to organise the 11th edition of the biennial DefExpo in Lucknow next year. In 2018, the show was held in Chennai and this is the first time that it will be held in Uttar Pradesh’s capital city.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
World Bank decides not to fund project to build Andhra’s new capital Amaravati
The World Bank said, it had withdrawn $300 million of funding for a new capital in Andhra Pradesh after the central government dropped support for the project.
Current account deficit to print at $16-17 billion in Q1 FY20: ICRA
India’s current account deficit (CAD) is expected to remain largely steady at 16 billion to 17 billion dollars or 2.3 per cent of GDP in the first quarter (April to June) of the current fiscal year 2019-20 despite recent contraction in merchandise exports and imports, according to investment information firm ICRA.
11-year-old Rani Banga wins gold at Israel Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
An 11-year-old Indian-origin girl has won a gold and a silver medal at the Israel Rhythmic Gymnastics annual championship this year.
- Rani Banga came first in the rope exercise and won the second spot in the clubs exercise at the annual championship held in Israel’s northern city of Holon.
Commonwealth TT C’ship: Indian mixed double pair wins gold medal
Indian mixed doubles pair of G Sathiyan and Archana Kamath defeated Singapore’s Pang Yu En Koen and Goi Rui Xuan 3-0 in the final and won the gold medal in the 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships at the Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium in Delhi.
Ex-Delhi BJP president Mange Lal Garg passes away
Former Delhi BJP president Mange Ram Garg has passed away recently.
LJP MP Ram Chandra Paswan passes away
Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) MP Ram Chandra Paswan, the younger brother of Union minister Ram Vilas Paswan, passed away recently.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs