Daily Current Affairs 21 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Rajasthan launches India’s first Digital Lok Adalat
India’s First AI-powered, end-to-end digital Lok Adalat was launched by Chairman, NALSA. Uday Umesh Lalit, during the 18th All India Legal Services Authorities’ Meet held in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The digital Lok Adalat by Rajasthan State Legal Services Authority (RSLSA 22) was designed and developed by its technology partner Jupitice Justice Technologies.
ITBP creates 1st mountain-warfare training school in NE for LAC guarding troops
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has created its first mountain-warfare training centre in northeast India, its second overall, to skill its troops in high-altitude combat and survival tactics as part of their mandate to guard the Line of Actual Control with China.
- The facility has come almost after five decades of the establishment of its first such school called mountaineering and skiing institute (M&SI) during 1973-74 at Auli near Joshimath in Uttarakhand.
Japan has world’s most powerful passport, India ranked at 87
The Henley Passport Index has recently released the list of the World’s Most Powerful Passports for the year 2022. Three Asian nations Japan, Singapore and South Korea bagged the top three positions on the list, reversing pre-pandemic rankings that were dominated by European nations. India is ranked 87th on the list of the world’s most powerful passports in 2022, according to the latest Henley Passport Index from Henley & Partners, an immigration consultancy.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI imposes restrictions on Raigad Sahakari Bank, caps customer withdrawals
The RBI imposed several restrictions on Mumbai-based Raigad Sahakari Bank, including a withdrawal cap of Rs 15,000 per customer, due to deterioration in the financial condition of the lender.
- The cooperative bank, without the prior approval of RBI, cannot issue loans, make any investment, accept fresh deposits, among the restrictions.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
JSW Steel and BCG collaborate to quicken the decarbonization process
Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and JSW Steel have worked together on a decarbonization and sustainability strategy. In order to help JSW Steel on its path to being a net-zero carbon emitter, BCG will make use of its unique CO2 AI platform as well as its top-tier digital and analytics skills.
- During this time, BCG will also put an emphasis on employee training and improving the sustainable culture throughout our manufacturing operations. Their sustainability measures will need to be scaled up as a result of this revolutionary initiative.
West Indies Cricketers Lendl Simmons, Denesh Ramdin Announce Retirement
Former West Indies skipper Denesh Ramdin announced his retirement from international cricket with immediate effect. Ramdin played his last match for West Indies in a T20I in December 2019.
- Meanwhile, West Indies batter Lendl Simmons also announced his retirement from international cricket.
England all-rounder Ben Stokes announces retirement from ODI cricket
Star England all-rounder Ben Stokes made a surprise announcement to retire from ODI cricket.
- Stokes’ ODI career will forever be remembered for his Player-of-the-Match performance in the 2019 World Cup final against New Zealand at Lord’s.
Former SC judge Vineet Saran appointed as new BCCI ethics officer
Former Supreme Court judge, Vineet Saran has taken over as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) ethics officer and ombudsman. He has succeeded Justice (Retd) D. K. Jain, whose term ended in June last year. Saran, 65, is a former Chief Justice of Odisha High Court, and also served as a judge in Karnataka and Allahabad High Court.
Manipur Governor La Ganesan give additional charge of West Bengal after Jagdeep Dhankhar’s resignation
President Ram Nath Kovind accepted the resignation of West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar who has been named as the ruling National Democratic Alliance candidate for the vice presidential election.
- Meanwhile, Manipur Governor La Ganesan has been given the additional charge of West Bengal.
NAARM gets ICAR Sardar Patel Award
The National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM), established by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), has bagged the Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institute Award 2021 (in the Large Institute Category) for its overall performance.
- Ch Srinivasa Rao, Director of NAARM, received the award from the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar in New Delhi.
Noted abstract artist Achuthan Kudallur passes away
An artist who believed that colours have a language of their own and experimented with their myriad forms in his abstract narratives, Achuthan Kudallur passed away at a hospital in Chennai. He was 77.
- A recipient of several awards, including the National Academy Award and Tamil Nadu Lalit Kala Akademi Award, his journey as an artist began in Kudallur in Palakkad district in Kerala, where he was born in 1945.