Daily Current Affairs 21 November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Ministry of Textiles to set up a Handloom Village at Moirang of Manipur: Piyush Goyal
The Union Minister of Textiles Piyush Goyal announced that the Ministry of Textiles has decided to set up a Handloom Village at Moirang of Manipur
- The city- Moirang of Manipur is a very important place in the history of India’s freedom movement. The Netaji Subhas Chandra led INA hoisted the tricolour flag at Moirang in its Imphal Campaign during the second World War.
Indian Panorama Section opens at IFFI in Goa; I&B Minister calls upon international filmmakers to come and shoot in India
The 52nd edition of the International Film Festival of India that is underway in Goa is a one-stop platform for movie lovers and film buffs to learn more about movies from around the world.
- Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated the Indian Panorama Section at the event.
- The inaugural ceremony introduced the audiences to IFFI’s official selection of 24 Feature and 20 Non-Feature films under the Indian Panorama category for this year.Semkhor is the first-ever Dimasa language film to be screened in the Indian Panorama Section.
Tribal Affairs Ministry, CBSE jointly launch online certificate course on Experiential Learning for 21st Century for EMRS and CBSE teachers
Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE jointly launched an online certificate course on Experiential Learning for the 21st Century for Eklavya Model Residential School and CBSE teachers. It was jointly launched by Secretary, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Anil Kumar Jha and CBSE Chairman Manoj Ahuja.
- The certificate course is for capacity building of educators to achieve the aims of National Education Policy, 2020.The Experiential Learning for 21st Century Programme has been conceptualized as an online certificate course for educators – teachers, school heads and principals to help them adapt classroom learning to real life experiences.
- Select teachers will be recognized as “Teacher Leaders” by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and will espouse the Experiential Learning Pedagogy to the Eklavya Model Residential School teaching fraternity in a phased manner. The course will capacitate the teachers to equip the students with 21st century skills and learning processes.
CBT approves constitution of four sub-committees on different matters
The Central Board of Trustees (CBT) which is the apex decision-making body of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization, EPFO has approved constitution of four sub-committees comprising members of the Board from employees, employers’ side as well as from representatives of the Government side on different matters.
- Two committees on Establishment related matters and futuristic implementation of Social Security Code will be headed by the Minister of State Labour and Employment Rameswar Teli. The remaining two committees on Digital capacity building and Pension related issues will be headed by Labour and Employment Secretary Sunil Barthwal.
- The draft 68th annual report on the functioning of the EPFO for the year 2020-21 was also approved, with the recommendation to place it before Parliament.
- During the meeting, Mr Bhupender Yadav released a booklet titled ‘Response to Covid – 2.0.’ He also released another booklet titled ‘Nirbadh: seamless service delivery.’
Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin, PMAY-G completed five years
Rural Housing Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin, PMAY-G completed five years. Ministry of Rural Development along with States and UTs have undertaken various activities like Bhoomi Pujan, Gruh Pravesh, visit of beneficiaries to demonstration houses, and sensitization of beneficiaries about PMAY-G to celebrate Awaas Diwas.
- To achieve the objective of providing Housing to All by 2022, the Centre rolled out the revamped rural housing scheme, PMAY-G was launched on 20th November 2016.
- The programme envisages the completion of 2.95 crore PMAY-G houses with all basic amenities by 2022.
Home Ministry adjudges Basant Garh Police Station in Udhampur as ‘one among 10 Best Police Stations’ in country
In a great achievement for the Jammu and Kashmir Police, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs adjudged Basant Garh Police Station in Udhampur district of Jammu division as ‘one among 10 Best Police Stations’ in the country in the Annual Ranking of Police Stations for the year 2021.
- As per an assessment by the Ministry of Home Affairs, the Sadar Bazar Police Station of North Delhi tops the list of best-performing Police Stations followed by Gangapur in Odisha’s Ganjam. Bhattu Kalan in Haryana’s Fatehabad, Valpoi in north Goa and Manvi in Karnataka’s Raichur are at third, fourth and fifth respectively. Kadmat Island police station in the Union territory of Lakshadweep is sixth, with Shirala in Maharashtra’s Sangli in seventh and Thottiyam in Tamil Nadu’s Tiruchirappalli at eighth. At 10, Rampur Chauram in Bihar’s Arwal rounds off the list.
- The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) had conducted a Performance Measurement system for grading the Police Stations.
Governor confers Manipur Literature Award on Beryl Thanga for his book ‘ Ei Amadi Adungeigi Ithat’
The Governor conferred the 12th Manipur State Award for Literature on Beryl Thanga, a 65 year old writer, for his book ‘ Ei Amadi Adungeigi Ithat’ a novel published in the year 2015.
- The awardee was selected for the year 2020 by a Board of Eminent persons set up by the Government. The Award presentation ceremony was also attended by Chief Minister N. Biren Singh and other ministers.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
World’s most sophisticated MRI facility launched at National Brain Research Centre in Manesar Haryana
Union Minister for Science and Technology Dr. Jitendra Singh launched first of its kind, latest, world’s most sophisticated MRI facility at the National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), Manesar in Haryana.
- It is India’s premier institute dedicated to Neuroscience Research and Education.It is an autonomous institute and a nodal center under the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology.
- With this facility, India embarks on new frontiers of human Neuroscience with a unique and powerful 3-T MRI platform of outstanding performance.
- He informed that MRI Scanner Prisma from Siemens, Germany, is being used by several international initiatives, like Brain initiative of USA, the European human brain project.Dr Singh said, this new facility can run intense scanning modalities very fast, which reduces the scanning time for patients by almost a quarter from earlier-generation machines.
Indigenously developed missile destroyer INS Visakhapatnam commissioned into Indian Navy in Mumbai
In a major boost to the Indian Navy, INS Visakhapatnam was commissioned by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai.
- It is the first stealth-guided missile destroyer ship of Project 15B and a crucial step for the Navy to demonstrate its indigenous capability to build complex combat platforms.
- The destroyer is capable to enhance the Navy’s capacity and firepower to battle threats by a margin. The event marked the formal induction of the first of the four Visakhapatnam class destroyers, into the Indian Navy.