Daily Current Affairs 22 November 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
First Unani medicine institute in Northeast inaugurated in Assam
Union Ayush Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the new, state-of-the-art complex of Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine (RRIUM) in Silchar.
- The newly-opened institute is the first such centre in the Northeast on Unani medicine — a traditional medicinal practice among the Ayush systems. The new complex, developed by the National Projects Construction Corporation (NPCC), is spread over an area of 3.5 acres and has been built with an investment of Rs 48 crore.
- It was handed over to the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Ayush.
Network Readiness Index 2022: India ranked 61st
India has improved its position by six slots and is now placed at 61st rank as per the Network Readiness Index 2022 (NRI 2022) report released recently, the Ministry of Communications said. Meanwhile, the United States takes the 1st spot from the Netherlands (4th) as the most network-ready society.
- In its latest version of 2022, the NRI Report maps the network-based readiness landscape of 131 economies based on their performances in four different pillars: Technology, People, Governance, and Impact covering a total of 58 variables.
- The report has been prepared by the Portulans Institute, an independent non-profit, nonpartisan research and educational institute based in Washington DC.
- The report states that India secured 1st rank in “AI talent concentration”, 2nd rank in “Mobile broadband internet traffic within the country” and “International Internet bandwidth”, 3rd rank in “Annual investment in telecommunication services” and “Domestic market size”, 4th rank in “ICT Services exports”, 5th rank in “FTTH/Building Internet subscriptions” and “AI scientific publications”.
India to take over Chair of Global Partnership on AI from France
India will take over the Chair of the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence, GPAI from France.
- Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology Rajeev Chandrasekhar will represent the country at the GPAI meeting in Tokyo for the symbolic takeover from France. This development comes on the heels of assuming the Presidency of the G20, a league of the world’s largest economies.
- GPAI is a congregation of 25 member countries, including the US, UK, European Union, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, South Korea, and Singapore.
- India joined the GPAI in 2020 as a founding member. Artificial Intelligence is expected to add 967 billion US dollars to the Indian economy by 2035.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen wins Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2022
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen took his 15th win of the 2022 Formula 1 season with victory in the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- Behind Verstappen, Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc took advantage of a one-stop strategy to finish second, with Verstappen’s teammate Sergio Perez having to settle for third after being unable to overhaul Leclerc.
Retired IAS officer Arun Goel takes charge as Election Commissioner
Former bureaucrat Arun Goel assumed charge of his new responsibility as an Election Commissioner.
- A 1985-batch IAS officer of the Punjab cadre, Goel took voluntary retirement on November 18. He was appointed as an Election Commissioner.He was to retire on December 31, 2022 after completing 60 years of age.
- He has joined Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar and Election Commissioner Anup Chandra Pandey on the poll panel.
Kassym-Jomart Tokayev re-elected Kazakh President
Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, who has openly defied major ally Russia over its invasion of Ukraine, secured a second term in snap election with 81.31% of the vote, the central Asian nation’s electoral commission said.
- Tokayev won his first election in 2019 with the backing of his predecessor, Nursultan Nazarbayev, but the two fell out this year amid violent unrest in the nation of 20 million. Present vote consolidated his power as an independent leader.
Franca Ma-ih Sulem Yong is winner of the UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize 2022
The UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize for the Promotion of Tolerance and Non-Violence, for this 2022 Edition, has been given to Franca Ma-ih Sulem Yong from Cameroon, President of the NGOs #Afrogiveness and Positive Youths Africa. She received the Prize at an official ceremony held at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
- As a journalist for seven years, Franca Ma-ih Sulem Yong has strived for changing the way mental illness is viewed and represented in society. Trained in art therapy and psychology, she and became the founder and president of two NGOs: Afrogiveness Movement (#Afrogiveness) and Positive Youths Africa (PYA).
53rd IFFI 2022: Chiranjeevi honoured with Indian Film Personality of the Year 2022
At the opening ceremony of the 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI), Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi was honoured with the Indian Film Personality of the Year 2022 award. Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur announced the same in front of the attendees.
- Bolloywood actors Ajay Devgn, Paresh Rawal, Suniel Shetty, Manoj Bajpayee and Baahubali and RRR writer V Vijayendra Prasadwere also bestowed with special honours.
Kathak veteran Uma Sharma receives Sumitra Charat Ram Award
Kathak exponent Uma Sharma received the prestigious ‘Sumitra Charat Ram Award’ in recognition of her contribution in the field of Indian classical music and dance.
- She received the award from former governor of Jammu and Kashmir Karan Singh and Sarod player Ustad Amjad Ali Khan in a ceremony organised at Kamani Auditorium by Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra (SBKK).
- Instituted in 2010, the coveted award commemorates the contribution of art impresario and founder of SBKK Sumitra Charat Ram as a cultural revivalist in post-Independent India.
Veteran Punjabi actress Daljeet Kaur Khangura passes away
Veteran Punjabi actor Daljeet Kaur passed away in Ludhiana after a prolonged illness. She was 69.
- Kaur had acted in 10 Hindi and 70 Punjabi movies, including ‘Putt Jattan De’ (1983), ‘Mamla Garbar Hai’ (1983), ‘Ki Banu Duniya Da’ (1986), ‘Patola’ (1988) and ‘Saida Jogan’ (1979).