Daily Current Affairs 23 March 2020 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Priyanka Chopra works jointly with WHO to spread awareness over COVID-19
Actor Priyanka Chopra urged followers to rely on authentic sources of information about coronavirus and arranged an Instagram live with top personnel of the World Health Organization (WHO) to raise awareness about the pandemic.
- The 37-year-old actor documented her videos on Instagram stories where she expressed the importanceof only relying on authentic information about the highly contagious disease.
Singapore overtakes Hong Kong as world’s freest economy, India at 120th
Singapore overtook Hong Kong as the world’s freest economy for the first time since 1995 in the latest Heritage Foundation Index of Economic Freedom published.
- India is ranked in 120th position in the study, it has been slowly but steadily making progress. It improved its score by 1.3 points from 2019 to tally 56.5 in 2020 due to improvements in the business freedom score.
- China, India’s strategic regional rival is in 20th position in Asia-Pacific and 103rd globally.
SAARC Disaster Management Centre launches website for COVID-19
SAARC Disaster Management Centre launched a website for information related to coronavirus pandemic in the region as announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the recent video conference with SAARC leaders
- The website — http://www.covid19-sdmc.org — gives full data and updates about the evolving situation of the novel virus in the SAARC countries that include India, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh.
- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, and Nepal have also joined India voluntarily in contributing to the SAARC COVID-19 Emergency Fund. Prime Minister Modi has pledged an amount of US$ 10 million as an initial contribution from India
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI to conduct variable rate Term Repos of ₹1,00000 crores
As a pre-emptive measure to tide over any frictional liquidity requirements on account of dislocations due to COVID-19, the Reserve Bank of India has decided to conduct the following fine-tuning variable rate Repo auctions for Rs 1,00,000 crores in two tranches of Rs 50000 crore on March 23 and March 24 2020.
- As a special case, Standalone Primary Dealers will be allowed to participate in these auctions along with other eligible participants.
- All other terms and conditions as applicable to term Repo auctions will remain the same.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Netflix establishes $100 mn fund for film and TV workers
Netflix Inc (NFLX.O) has established a $100 million (86.3 million pounds) fund to assist workers on film and television productions that have been shut down due to the global coronavirus outbreak.
- Hundreds of thousands of cast and crew around the world have lost work amid the crisis. That includes electricians, carpenters, drivers and other hourly workers.
India celebrates “Shaheed Diwas” on 23 March
On March 23, India celebrates Shaheed Diwas to commemorate the sacrifice made by them and acknowledge their invaluable contribution to India’s independence from the British colonial rule.
- The day, in particular, pays tribute to Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and Shivaram Rajguru who died on March 23 in 1931
World Meteorological Day
The United Nations’ (UN) World Meteorological Day is annually held on or around March 23 to remember the World Meteorological Organization’s establishment on that date in 1950.
- The theme for 2020 is ‘Climate and Water’, which will align with the theme of World Water Day 2020, focusing on climate change and water.
8 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 23rd March, 2020”
Definitely believe that that you said. Your favourite justification seemed to be at the net the simplest factor to keep in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked whilst other folks think about issues that they plainly don’t recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , folks can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thanks
I really like it when folks come together and share thoughts.
Great website, stick with it!
Hi there I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by mistake, while I was searching on Google for something
else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say kudos for
a marvelous post and a all round thrilling blog (I
also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it
all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be
back to read more, Please do keep up the excellent work.
I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this kind of
house . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site.
Studying this info So i am happy to exhibit that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I
needed. I most no doubt will make sure to do not disregard this website
and give it a look regularly.
I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your website.
It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and
visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
Excellent blog right here! Also your site so much
up fast! What host are you using? Can I get your associate link for your
host? I want my site loaded up as fast as yours lol
I am sure this article has touched all the internet viewers, its really really pleasant article on building up new website.
Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of
any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time
and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to
your new updates.