Daily Current Affairs 23 September 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Israeli embassy launches project ‘Saaras’ for menstrual health in Ghaziabad
The Israel embassy in India in collaboration with Khushii Foundation launched a special project “Saaras” that promotes women empowerment, menstrual hygiene and awareness in Arthala, Ghaziabad.
- This project deals with all ‘pillars’ for menstrual health and hygiene uplifting: social support, knowledge, skills, facilities, and materials.
- From the first step of production of the pads till the distribution the entire process is led by an all women local team from within the community that have been trained by Khushii and our advisor Stella Richard,” the Israel embassy in India said in a statement.
Delhi LG inaugurates community policing initiative to spread awareness
Lt General V K Saxena inaugurated a community policing initiative aimed at spreading awareness about various schemes of the Delhi Police among people.
- Saxena inaugurated the ‘We Care’ initiative at an event organised at Kartvaya Path at India Gate on the occasion of ‘Sewa Diwas’, which is being celebrated to mark 72nd birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The aim of this initiative is to spread awareness among people about different schemes of the Delhi Police to maintain coordination and establish a police-public interface.
Govt to launch PM-PRANAM scheme to reduce chemical fertiliser use
In a bid to discourage the use of chemical fertilisers, the government is likely to launch a scheme called Pradhan Mantri – Promotion of Alternative Nutritious And Agriculture Management (PM-PRANAM).
- The scheme will incentivise those states that use lesser amounts of chemical fertilisers in a particular year as compared with the average quantity used over a period of the last three years.
- States can use 80 per cent of such incentive grant for the welfare of farmers like setting up of bio/organic fertiliser plants. The remaining fund can be used to run the schemes, which provide them with alternative fertilisers.
NCC, UNEP sign MoU to tackle plastic pollution
The National Cadet Corps (NCC) and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to tackle the issue of plastic pollution and achieve the universal goal of clean water bodies through ‘ Puneet Sagar Abhiyan’ and ‘Tide Turners Plastic Challenge programme’.
- The MoU was signed between Director-General NCC Lt. Gen. Gurbirpal Singh and Resident Representative, UN World Food Programme Bishow Parajuli in the presence of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The aim of the MoU between the NCC and the UNEP is to synergise and collate efforts towards engaging youth for promoting clean water bodies.
ICG-US Coast Guard Joint Exercises “Abhyas-01/22” concluded successfully In Chennai
The Indian Coast Guard and the United States Coast Guard Joint Exercise named “Abhyas-01/22” was concluded successfully in Chennai.
- The exercise focused towards acquainting the Coast Guards with each other’s capabilities and strengthen their working level relationship towards enhancing inter-operability in the field of maritime search and rescue, boarding operations and other maritime law enforcement duties.
- Interdiction of pirated vessel, coordinated joint Boarding operation, SAR demonstration and external fire-fighting to salvage burning ships were the other highlights of the exercise.
BANKING & FINANCE
Federal Bank ties up with BBPS for utility bill payment services for NRIs
Federal Bank said it has tied up with Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) to facilitate Utility Bill Payment services for Non-resident Indian Diaspora.
- This tie-up comes on the heels of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently permitting foreign inward remittances to be received under the rupee drawing arrangement (RDA) through the BBPS.
ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund launches first Auto Index Fund
ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has launched the industry’s first auto index fund, the ICICI Prudential Nifty Auto Index Fund. The new fund offer opens on 22 September and will close on 6 October.
- The fund will track the Nifty Auto Index which has been designed to reflect the performance of the automobiles sector. The index comprises 15 listed companies and represents auto-related sectors such as auto ancillaries and tyres too. The index is composed using the free float market capitalization method.
Max Life Insurance appoints cricketer Rohit Sharma, his wife Ritika Sajdeh as brand ambassadors
Max Life Insurance Company Ltd announced Rohit Sharma, sports icon and captain of men’s Indian Cricket team, and his wife Ritika Sajdeh, as its brand ambassadors.
- Max Life has signed a two-year partnership with the cricketing star and his spouse, who are making their debut onscreen together.
Centre appoints Bharat Lal as Director General NCGG
In another top level administrative appointment, the Union government has named the senior bureaucrat and retired Gujarat cadre IFoS officer, Bharat Lal as the Director General, National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG).
- Bharat Lal, a 1988-batch Indian Forest officer of Gujarat cadre, had served as Gujarat government’s resident commissioner in Delhi and has been known to be close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the then chief minister of the state. In December 2021, Lal was appointed as the Secretary to the Lokpal.
India wins UN award for hypertension control initiative
India won a United Nations (UN) award for its ‘India Hypertension Control Initiative (IHCI)’, a large-scale hypertension intervention under the National Health Mission that saw 3.4 million hypertensive people identified and put on treatment at various government health facilities, the government said.
- IHCI is a collaborative initiative of the health ministry, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), state governments and World Health Organization-India.
- IHCI has been able to leverage and strengthen the existing health care delivery system, hypertension control interventions under National Health Mission and improve the linkages between populations-based screening initiative with health care.
India gets its first Dugong Conservation Reserve in Tamil Nadu
In a first-of-its-kind initiative in the country, Tamil Nadu government issued a gazette notification stating 448.34 square kilometres (44,834 hectares) of coastal waters in Palk Bay from Adirampattinam village in Thanjavur to Ammapattinam in Pudukkottai as Dugong Conservation Reserve.
- Dugongs are the largest herbivorous marine mammals in the world thriving primarily on seagrass beds, a major carbon sink of the oceans. Dugongs are protected under Schedule 1 of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972. However, their population is on the decline due to habitat loss.
- There are only about 240 individuals estimated to be present in the country and the majority is found in Tamil Nadu coast (Palk Bay). Hence, there is an imminent need to protect Dugongs and their habitat from degradation.
One Thought to “Daily Current Affairs 23rd September, 2022”
hello there and thank you on your info ? I have definitely picked up something new from proper here. I did on the other hand experience several technical issues the usage of this site, as I skilled to reload the site a lot of times previous to I may just get it to load properly. I were brooding about if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently impact your placement in google and can damage your high-quality rating if advertising and ***********|advertising|advertising|advertising and *********** with Adwords. Well I?m adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much extra of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you replace this once more very soon..