Daily Current Affairs 24 June 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
MP to run ‘Save Water’ campaign, ‘Water Cell’ formed
Madhya Pradesh government will run “Save Water” campaign with the suggestions and involvement of common people. A state level “Water Cell” has also been constituted for the purpose.
- CM Kamal Nath said that the Water Cell will prepare a strategy to store water and ensure its modest use. Now, every work to save water and increase expenses on it will be done with the suggestion and involvement of the people.
UAE launches UN-developed anti money laundering platform ‘goAML’
The UAE has become the first country in the Gulf to launch ‘goAML’, a new anti money laundering reporting platform developed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime to curb organised crimes.
FIH Series Finals: Indian women’s hockey team defeats Japan in final
An impressive Indian Women’s Hockey team won the FIH (International Hockey Federation) Women’s Series Finals Hiroshima 2019 after defeating hosts Japan 3-1 in the Final held here at the Hiroshima Hockey Stadium.
- The Indian women eked put a hard fought win over the Asian champions.
Fernando Torres retires from football
The spanish footballer Fernando Torres who was a part of 2010 World Cup Winning Team of Spain has announced his retirement from football.
Lewis Hamilton wins French Grand Prix
Mercedes’ British driver and defending world champion Lewis Hamilton registered his sixth win of the season after winning the French Grand Prix. Valtteri Bottas took second spot as Mercedes ensured both another one-two finish and their eighth consecutive win this season.
Mohamed Ould Ghazouani elected as the president of Mauritania
Mohamed Ould Ghazouani won the presidential election of Mauritania with 52% votes. His nearest rival, anti-slavery campaigner Biram Dah Abeid, came second with 18.58%.
- The election was the first in Mauritania, since independence from France in 1960.
RBI Deputy Governor Viral Acharya resigns
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Deputy Governor Viral Acharya told that he has quit his role, six months before the end of his tenure.
- Acharya, who is a key member of the rate-setting monetary policy department, had warned in October 2018 that governments that do not respect the central bank’s independence will sooner or later incur the wrath of financial markets, ignite fire, and come to rue the day they undermined an important regulatory institution.
Metro Man resigns as Advisor to Lucknow metro
The Principal Advisor to Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) Padma Vibhushan E. Sreedharan has submitted his resignation citing health issues.
- Sreedharan, popularly known as the Metro Man, has years of experience in handling mega Metro projects in the country.
Baba Ramdev announces first official memoir on Yoga Day
On the occasion of International Yoga Day on Friday, yoga guru Baba Ramdev announced his first official autobiography, titled “My Life, My Mission”. It will be released in August.
- The volume, co-authored by senior journalist Uday Mahurkar, is touted as an one of a kind personal narrative of the life and times of the globally renowned yoga teacher.
United Nations Public Service Day
United Nations Public Service Day is celebrated around the world on 23rd June. The day celebrates the value and virtue of public service to the community; highlights the contribution of public service in the development process; recognizes the work of public servants, and encourages young people to pursue careers in the public sector.