Daily Current Affairs 24 November 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Govt approved setting up of six plastic parks
The government has approved setting up of six plastic parks in different parts of the country. These parks will have an ecosystem with state of the art infrastructure building and enabling the common facility to consolidate and synergize the capacities of the domestic downstream plastic processing industry.
- These parks are located in Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand and Tamil Nadu.
UP, Bihar worst performers in Ayushman Bharat; Gujarat best performer
Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, the top two states in terms of number of beneficiaries, remain the worst performers under Ayushman Bharat.
- UP reported about 230,000 hospital admissions and Bihar about 120,000.
- Gujarat was the best performer, with a million hospital admissions and claims worth Rs 1,519 crore.
Sangai Festival 2019 begins in Manipur
In Manipur, week-long Manipur Sangai Festival 2019 has started. The festival is organized by the State Tourism Department and biggest festival held annually to promote tourism.
- The festival is held at different parts of Manipur. During the festival, cultural programmes, traditional games, folk dance and classical music will be performed by different communities of the State as well as from other States.
India chairs Kimberley Process meet on blood diamonds
The plenary meeting of the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme (KPCS) was hosted by India, the present Kimberley Process (KP) Chair, in New Delhi.
- The Kimberley Process is a joint initiative involving governments, the international diamond industry and civil society to stem the flow of ‘conflict diamonds’. Conflict diamonds are rough diamonds used by rebel movements or their allies to finance conflict aimed at undermining legitimate governments.
India to host SCO forum of Young Scientists and Innovators 2020
India will host the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Forum of Young Scientists and Innovators in 2020, a proposal it had mooted in the grouping’s meeting on cooperation in the field of science and technology this week.
- The 5th Meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Member States Heads of Ministries and Departments of Science and Technology and Permanent Working Group on S&T Cooperation held in Moscow, Russia.
Microsoft rolls out the K12 Education Transformation Framework in India
Microsoft rolled out its K12 Education Transformation Framework more widely to schools across India at the second edition of the Microsoft Education Days in Gurgaon. Microsoft Education Days 2019 brought together more than 700 school leaders, educators, students and Microsoft partners to deliberate on the future of learning.
- It featured sessions moderated by Microsoft leaders and Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Experts on using technologies like AI, Teams, Minecraft and Flipgrid to collaborate and create unique learning experiences.
India ranks 44th in 2019 Nomura’s Food Vulnerability Index
India has been ranked 44 among 110 countries in Food Vulnerability Index (NFVI) 2019, complied by Nomura Global Market Research. The NFVI ranks countries on the basis of their exposure to large swings in food prices.
2nd India ASEAN Innotech summit 2019 held in Davao, Philippines
The second edition of the India ASEAN InnoTech Summit 2019 was held at Davao, Philippines. The theme of the three-day Technology & Innovation Summit was ‘Accelerating towards innovative development’.
Ocean Dance Festival 2019 held in Cox Bazar
The four day long Ocean Dance Festival 2019 held in Cox Bazar of Bangladesh. The theme of this year’s festival is ‘Bridging the distance’ or Durotter Shetubandhan.
- Ocean Dance Festival is the largest international dance festival of Bangladesh in which more than 200 dancers, choreographers and scholars from 15 countries are participating.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
RBI expands scope of SNRR account to popularise rupee in cross-border transactions
The RBI expanded the scope of Special Non-Resident Rupee Accounts (SNRR account) by permitting non-residents to open such accounts for rupee denominated overseas borrowings, trade credit and trade invoicing for popularising cross-border transactions in the domestic currency.
- Any person resident outside India, having a business interest in India, can open a non-interest bearing SNRR account with a bank for bona fide transactions in rupees.
Marathon man Kipchoge, hurdle heroine Muhammad win Athlete of the Year
Eliud Kipchoge, the first man to run a marathon in less than two hours, and 400 metres hurdles world champion Dalilah Muhammad won the World Athlete of the Year awards.
Senior journalist Nilkanth Khadilkar passes away
Senior journalist Nilkanth Khadilkar has passed away. He was 85. He was the editor of Marathi newspaper Navakal for 27 years and had gained popularity for his hard-hitting editorials which became the daily’s popular feature.