Daily Current Affairs 24 October for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Arunachal Pradesh approves constitution of Special Tiger Protection Force for three Tiger Reserves
The Arunachal Pradesh State Cabinet on approved the constitution of Special Tiger Protection Force (STPF) in the State for three Tiger Reserves of the State namely- Namdapha, Pakke and Kamlang. This decision will result in the creation of 336 regular posts in the state.
- The cabinet observed that this will lead to protection of Tigers and their habitats, protection of wildlife habitats and prevention of other illegal activities in these tiger reserves.
- In addition to it, the state cabinet also approved to provide a lump-sum monthly honorarium to all the Third Language Teachers of various tribes who have developed their own scripts.
- The Cabinet also approved the Amendment of Arunachal Pradesh State Industrial and Investment Policy 2020 and framing of Arunachal Pradesh Home Guard Rules 2023 along with others.
Cabinet approves 4% DA hike for govt employees, 7% MSP hike for 6 Rabi crops
The Union Cabinet approved a 4 per cent hike in dearness allowance for central government employees and pensioners effective July 2023, Union Minister Anurag Thakur said at a press briefing.
- This increase is in accordance with the accepted formula, based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission.
- Further, the Cabinet also approved the minimum selling price (MSP) for six prominent Rabi crops by 7 per cent for 2024-25, the next marketing season.
Govt to launch 511 centres for skill development in 34 rural districts of Maharashtra
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras in Maharashtra via video conferencing. These Kendras are being established across 34 rural districts of Maharashtra.
- The Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras will conduct skill development training programs across various sectors to provide employment opportunities to rural youth.
- Each Kendra will train about 100 youngsters in at least two vocational courses. The training is being provided by empanelled industry partners and agencies under National Skill Development Council.
Tripura CM Manik Saha launches state’s first e-office
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Saha inaugurated the first district-level paperless e-office system in South Tripura district.
- CM Saha expressed the government’s intent to extend this technology to sub-divisional and panchayat levels, with a focus on efficient and transparent data and file management.
BANKING & FINANCE
Indian Bank signs inventory financing pact with Tata Motor’s arms
Indian Bank Ltd signed an agreement with Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Ltd (TMPVL) and Tata Passenger Electric Mobility Ltd (TPEML) to provide inventory financing solutions to their authorised dealers for electric as well as other passenger vehicles.
- The PSU lender will provide the two wholly-owned subsidiaries of Tata Motors Ltd with inventory financing solutions through its digital SCF (supply chain finance).
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Apollo partners SAIL to open multi-specialty hospital in Rourkela
Apollo Hospitals, an integrated healthcare provider, opened a 290-bed multi-specialty hospital in partnership with Steel Authority of India (SAIL), in Rourkela of Western Odisha.
- The hospital, located in Sector-19 near Ispat General Hospital Road, would offer multidisciplinary care in more than 10 specialty areas including cardiac, neurosciences, orthopaedics, urology, nephrology and oncology. The hospital has seven operation theatres and 80 critical care beds.
India set to overtake Japan as third-largest economy by 2030: S&P Global
India, currently the world’s fifth-largest economy, is on track to surpass Japan and become the third-largest global economy, with a projected GDP of$7.3 trillion by 2030, as per the latest report from S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- After experiencing two years of rapid economic growth in 2021 and 2022, the Indian economy has maintained strong growth throughout the 2023 calendar year, it added.
- India’s gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to grow between 6.2 percent and 6.3 percent in the fiscal year ending in March 2024, making it the fastest-growing major economy in this fiscal year. Notably, India’s economy surged by an impressive 7.8 percent in the April-June quarter.
Kerala Gramin Bank win Assocham excellence award
Kerala Gramin Bank has won four prestigious Assocham awards at the 18th Assocham Annual Summit & Awards on Banking & Financial Sector Lending Companies namely “Bharat @ 100: Financial Transformation in Amrit Kaal” held in Mumbai.
- The Bank was conferred with the titles of winner in Best Digital Initiative, Best Customer Experience, Best Risk and Cyber Security Initiatives and was the runner up in Outstanding Financial Performance.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO’s human spaceflight Mission Gaganyaan gets off on a successful note; conducts test flight of crew escape system
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully tested crew escape system of the country’s first human spaceflight mission Gaganyaan.
- The liquid-propelled single-stage Test Vehicle (TV-D1) lifted off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota carrying a homegrown system that would be crucial for the safety of the Indian astronauts – the Crew Escape System.
- The test validated the motors that will be used during this mission. This included low-altitude motors, high-altitude motors, and jettisoning motors, that will be put to use to safely eject astronauts away from the vehicle, in case of an emergency.
Skyroot unveils Vikram-1 rocket, set to launch satellites early next year
Space start-up Skyroot Aerospace unveiled its indigenously built Vikram-1 rocket which is expected to deliver satellites to low earth orbit early next year.
- Science and Technology Minister Jitendra Singh also inaugurated ‘The MAX-Q Campus’, the new headquarters of the start-up at the GMR Aerospace and Industrial Park at Mamidipally in South Hyderabad.
- Singh toured the Skyroot headquarters spread across 60,000 sq ft and billed as the country’s largest private rocket development facility under one roof.