Daily Current Affairs 25 August for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
India Post releases special cancellation to mark Chandrayaan-3 success
The success of Moon Mission Chandrayaan-3 has prompted both government and private entities to celebrate the occasion in their own ways.
- The India Post, Maharashtra Circle has released a special cancellation on the successful soft landing of Lander Vikram on the south polar region of moon. The special cancellation was released in the premises of Mumbai GPO by Chief Postmaster General, Maharashtra Circle, K.K. Sharma.
Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan and Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia lay the foundation stone of Datia Airport
Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan, and Union Minister of Civil Aviation and Steel, Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia, laid the foundation stone of Datia Airport in Madhya Pradesh .
- The airport is being developed at a cost of around Rs. 50 crore and is expected to be complete by February 2024. The development involves the renovation of the existing 1810-meter runway and construction of apron which can house two nineteen-seater aircraft and a terminal building of 750 square meters and ATC tower. The terminal building will have the capacity to accommodate 100 passengers during peak hours.
PM Modi first Indian prime minister to visit Greece in 40 years
Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Greece on a daylong visit, the first by an Indian premier in 40 years, for talks with the European country’s top leadership to strengthen bilateral ties.
- Mr. Modi arrived in the Greek capital from South Africa where he attended the 15th BRICS Summit and held bilateral meetings with several world leaders to further cement India’s relations with those countries.
- PM Modi dedicated the Grand Cross of the Order of Honour bestowed on him by Greece to all fellow countrymen. “I have been conferred with Greece’s highest civilian award (Grand Cross of the Order of Honour).
BANKING & FINANCE
Bank of Baroda UAE Marks 50th Year of Excellence in the United Arab Emirates
In a momentous celebration, Bank of Baroda UAE, the sole Indian bank in the UAE offering comprehensive banking services, commemorated its golden jubilee, marking its 50th year of glorious presence in the UAE.
- Having established its presence in UAE in 1974, the bank has traversed a remarkable journey over the past five decades, emerging as a premier provider of financial solutions to both the Indian diaspora and the local populace.
HDFC Bank launches India’s first co-brand hotel credit card with Marriott Bonvoy
To make international travelling more lucrative, HDFC Bank tied up with Marriott International to launch India’s first co-branded credit card. The ‘Marriott Bonvoy HDFC Bank Credit Card’ will run on Diners Club, which is a part of the Discover Global Network.
- The co-branded credit-card aims to become one of the most rewarding travel cards in India. Users can avail the benefits offered by both the brands with this credit card. They will also get benefits such as priority late checkout, exclusive member rates, Marriott Bonvoy bonus points and much more.
RBI increases upper limit of offline payment transaction to ₹500 from ₹200
The Reserve Bank of India has increased the upper limit of an offline payment transaction to ₹500 from ₹200 with immediate effect.
- However, the total limit for offline transactions on a payment instrument continues to be ₹2,000 at any point in time.Replenishment of used limit is allowed only in online mode with AFA (additional factor authentication).
- The issuer has send transaction alerts to users as soon as transaction details are received. There is no compulsion to send alert for each transaction; however, details of each transaction shall be adequately conveyed.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
ICRA Forecasts India’s GDP Growth of 8.5% in Q1, 2023
ICRA Ratings recently released a comprehensive report projecting a robust economic growth for India in the first quarter of the fiscal year 2023 (FY24). The report suggests that the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth is expected to accelerate to 8.5% during the April-June period, a significant increase from the 6.1% growth rate witnessed in the preceding quarter (January-March).
- This projected growth is attributed to multiple factors, including a supportive base effect and a notable recovery in the services sector.
- Though its estimate is higher than the RBI’s forecast of 8.1 per cent, Icra’s chief economist Aditi Nayar said the second half of the fiscal is likely to witness headwinds, which will prove a dampener
India’s Praggnanandhaa finishes 2nd in Chess World Cup 2023
World No. 1 Magnus Carlsen won his maiden World Cup crown after beating India’s teenage sensation R Praggnanandhaa in the tie-breakers of the final in Baku. . It was the first World Cup crown for Carlsen as the 32-year-old added the missing piece to his decorated trophy cabinet.
- With the silver medal finish at the Chess World Cup, Praggnanandhaa booked his berth at the Candidates Tournament, becoming only the second Indian to do so.
69th National Film Awards for the year 2021 announce; Rocketry: The Nambi Effect bags best Feature Film
The winners of the 69th National Film Awards were announced at the National Media Center in New Delhi. The ceremony will be held at a future date, when the best Indian films produced across languages in the calendar year 2021 will be honoured by the President.
Here is the full list of winners at the 69th National Film Awards:
- Best Feature Film: Rocketry
- Best Director: Nikhil Mahajan, Godavari
- Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment: RRR
- Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration: The Kashmir Files
- Best Actor: Allu Arjun, Pushpa
- Best Actress: Alia Bhatt, Gangubai Kathiawadi and Kriti Sanon, Mimi
- Best Supporting Actor: Pankaj Tripathi, Mimi
- Best Supporting Actress: Pallavi Joshi, The Kashmir Files
- Best Child Artist: Bhavin Rabari, Chhello Show
- Best Screenplay (Original): Shahi Kabir, Nayattu
- Best Screenplay (Adapted): Sanjay Leela Bhansali & Utkarshini Vashishtha, Gangubai Kathiawadi
- Best Dialogue Writer: Utkarshini Vashishtha & Prakash Kapadia, Gangubai Kathiawadi
- Best Music Director (Songs): Devi Sri Prasad, Pushpa
- Best Music Direction (Background Music): MM Keeravaani, RRR
- Best Male Playback Singer: Kaala Bhairava, RRR
- Best Female Playback Singer: Shreya Ghoshal, Iravin Nizhal
- Best Lyrics: Chandrabose, Konda Polam’s Dham Dham Dham
- Best Hindi Film: Sardar Udham
- Best Kannada Film: 777 Charlie
- Best Malayalam Film: Home
- Best Gujurati Film: Chhello Show
- Best Tamil Film: Kadaisi Vivasayi
- Best Telugu Film: Uppena
- Best Maithili Film: Samanantar
- Best Mishing Film: Boomba Ride
- Best Marathi Film: Ekda Kaay Zala
- Best Bengali Film: Kalkokkho
- Best Assamese Film: Anur
- Best Meiteilon Film: Eikhoigi Yum
- Best Odiya Film: Pratikshya
- Indira Gandhi Award for Best Debut Film of a Director: Meppadiyan, Vishnu Mohan
- Best Film on Social Issues: Anunaad – The Resonance
- Best Film on Environment Conservation/Preservation: Aavasavyuham
- Best Children’s Film: Gandhi and Co
- Best Audiography (Location Sound Recordist): Arun Asok & Sonu K P, Chavittu
- Best Audiography (Sound Designer): Aneesh Basu, Jhilli
- Best Audiography (Re-recordist of the final mixed track): Sinoy Joseph, Sardar Udham
- Best Choreography: Prem Rakshith, RRR
- Best Cinematography: Avik Mukhopadhayay, Sardar Udham
- Best Costume Designer: Veera Kapur Ee, Sardar Udham
- Best Special Effects: Srinivas Mohan, RRR
- Best Production Design: Dmitrii Malich and Mansi Dhruv Mehta, Sardar Udham
- Best Editing: Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Gangubai Kathiawadi
- Best Make-up: Preetisheel Singh, Gangubai Kathiawadi
- Best Stunt Choreography: King Soloman, RRR
- Special Jury Award: Shershaah, Vishnuvardhan
- Special Mention: 1. Late Shri Nallandi, Kadaisi Vivasayi 2. Aranya Gupta & Bithan Biswas, Jhilli 3. Indrans, Home 4. Jahanara Begum, Anur
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Iran unveils Mohajer-10 combat UAV, claiming extended range, payload
Iran unveiled its latest domestically built drone named “Mohajer-10” with enhanced capabilities like flying at a higher altitude, for a longer duration and the ability to carry a greater payload. The new drone was launched during a ceremony in Tehran attended by the Iranian president, on the country’s military industry day.
- The “Mohajer-10” is said to be an upgraded version of the “Mohajer-6,” which the officials in the United States have accused Iran of selling to Russia amid its invasion of Ukraine. Iran has since denied these accusations.
- The new drone “can fly up to a maximum duration of 24 hours at an altitude of 7,000 metres with an operational range of 2,000 kilometres.”
- The payload capacity can reach 300 kilogrammes, double the capacity of the “Mohajer-6” drone allowing it to carry “all kinds of bombs and ammunitions,”