Daily Current Affairs 25 December 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Agriculture Minister stresses on infrastructure development in agriculture sector; inaugurates 4-day agriculture exhibition ‘Agrovision’
Minister of Agriculture, Narendra Singh Tomar has said that, under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, agriculture is being given priority and 1 lakh 62 thousand crore rupees have been provided to 11.5 crore farmers in the country under PM Kisan Yojana. He was speaking after inaugurating the four-day agriculture exhibition ‘Agrovision’, in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Stressing upon the infrastructure development in the agriculture sector Mr.Tomar expressed the need for private sector investment in the sector. He informed that the central government had sanctioned One lakh crore rupees for infra-structural funding in the agriculture sector under the ‘Aatmanirbhar’ package.
- Under this, facilities like ware house, cold chain storage are being constructed at village level and farmers are getting the benefit. He also appealed to the farmers to turn towards organic farming.
Centre extends Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana till March 2022
Terming it as a pro-people move, the Centre announced it was extending the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) for another four months i.e., from December 2021 till March 2022 as Phase 5 of the scheme started during the lockdown last year.
- The scheme envisages five kg grain per person per month free of cost for all the beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) (Antyodaya Anna Yojana & Priority Households), including those covered under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
PM Jan Dhan Yojna accounts surpass the 44-cr mark
As the calendar year draws to a close, the total number of beneficiaries under the Centre’s financial inclusion scheme, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), has crossed the 44 crore mark.
- According to the latest government data, the total number of accounts opened under PMJDY stood at 44.05 crore, with a total balance of ₹1,47,812 crore as on December 8. The total number of accounts stood at 41.43 crore in the same period last year.
- In terms of performance of States in implementing the scheme, Uttar Pradesh tops the list with highest number of accounts followed by Bihar.
BANKING & FINANCE
Govt signs 140 mn euro loan agreement with KfW for energy sector reforms in Madhya Pradesh
The Government of India (GoI) and the German development bank KfW signed agreements for a Euro 140 million reduced interest loan and Euro 2 million grant for an energy reform programme in Madhya Pradesh.
- The project will contribute to a more stable, secure and climate and environmentally friendly energy supply in India by upgrading and strengthening distribution networks in Madhya Pradesh.
- It will contribute to an effective, technically and economically efficient as well as socially and ecologically sustainable energy supply.
Sebi signs enhanced multilateral MoU of International Organization of Securities Commissions
Markets regulator Sebi has signed the enhanced multilateral memorandum of understanding (EMMoU) of the International Organization of Securities Commissions. Sebi is already a signatory to MMoU since 2003.
- The EMMoU was introduced by IOSCO to expand the range of enforcement powers that signatories may use to safeguard the integrity and stability of markets, protect investors and deter misconduct and fraud.
- The pact signed is expected to increase the effectiveness of the signatories’ investigations and the enforcement of their jurisdictions’ laws and regulations
RBI extends card tokenisation deadline by six months to June 30, 2022
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the card-on-file (CoF) tokenisation deadline by six months to June 30, 2022, in view of various representations received from industry bodies. Card-on-file, or CoFabc, refers to card information stored by payment gateway and merchants to process future transactions.The earlier deadline was December 31, 2021.
- Under tokenisation services, a unique alternate code is generated to facilitate transactions through cards.
- The RBI in September prohibited merchants from storing customer card details on their servers with effect from January 1, 2022, and mandated the adoption of CoF tokenisation as an alternative to card storage.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Reliance is India’s most-visible corporate in media: Wizikey report
Reliance Industries Ltd, India’s largest corporate by revenues, profits and market value, topped 2021 Wizikey News Score ranking as India’s most-visible corporate in the media. State Bank of India (SBI) is a close second on the ranking, followed by Bharti Airtel, Infosys and Tata Motors, according to Wizikey’s News Score Report.
- Globally, Facebook is ranked No.1 on the index, followed by Alphabet Inc, which owns Google. Amazon is ranked at No.3 followed by Apple Inc, Samsung Electronics, Netflix and Microsoft. Reliance is ranked at No.8 on the global ranking.
- Others on the India list include HDFC at No.6, followed by HDFC Bank, TCS, Maruti Suzuki India, Vodafone Idea and ICICI Bank. NTPC is the highest-ranked state-owned firm on the list, coming in at No.13.
- The recognition to Reliance comes on the back of Exchange4Media Group’s recognition recently to the billionaire Mukesh Ambani-led group as one of India’s Brands with Best In-house Communications Professionals 2021.
Veteran spinner Harbhajan Singh retires from all forms of cricket
Veteran off-spinner Harbhajan Singh, who became the first Indian bowler to grab a Test hat-trick in a memorable international career, announced retirement from all forms of cricket, saying that he is finally communicating what has been on his mind for the past few years.
- The 41-year-old from Punjab took 417 wickets in 103 Tests, 269 wickets in 236 ODIs and 25 scalps in 28 T20Is in his illustrious career, which began in 1998.
- Harbhajan, who made his India debut during an ODI against New Zealand at Sharjah in 1998, last played for the country in March 2016 during a T20I against the UAE at Dhaka
Harjinder Singh appointed as India’s Chef de Mission
The Indian Olympic Association of India (IOA) appointed Ice Hockey Association of India’s general secretary, Harjinder Singh, as the Chef de Mission of the country’s contingent for the upcoming 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.
- Singh was the Chef de Mission of the Indian contingent for the 23rd Winter Olympic Games too, which was held in Pyeongchang, South Korea in 2018.
- The Beijing Games, the 24th edition of the showpiece that started way back in 1924, will be held from February 4 to 20.
IIT Roorkee bags first position among most innovative institutions as selected by CII
For the second year in a row, IIT Roorkee has been selected by the prestigious Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the Industrial Innovation Awards.
- IIT Roorkee bagged the first position under the Most Innovative Research Institutions category this year.
- The second and third positions have gone to IIT Madras and the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services, Hyderabad (INCOIS), respectively.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
CM MK Stalin launches dashboard to access real-time data on Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin launched the ‘CM Dashboard Monitoring System’ at his office. It will enable him to track all welfare schemes, including the status of their implementation, fund allocation and the number of beneficiaries.
- It will help in proper monitoring, more efficiency, elimination of delays and prompt decisions. It will also update the Chief Minister on the storage in the key dams and rainfall patterns.
- Price mesh will monitor the prices of more than 25 foodgrains, vegetables and fruits and project a possible increase in the prices to facilitate government intervention. The status of the economy, including employment trends, and civil supplies will also be available on the dashboard.
Indian Army launches contemporary messaging app ‘ASIGMA‘
Indian Army launched a contemporary messaging application named ASIGMA. ASIGMA stands for Army Secure IndiGeneous Messaging Application.
- It is a new generation, state-of-the-art, web based application developed entirely in-house by team of officers of the Corps of Signals of the Army.
- The application is being deployed on the Army’s internal network as a replacement of Army Wide Area Network messaging application which has been in service for past the 15 years.
- The application has been fielded on Army owned hardware. It meets all futuristic user requirements and provides enhanced user experience. It has a variety of contemporary features including multi-level security, message prioritisation and tracking.
INS Khukri decommissioned after 32 years of service to nation
INS Khukri, the first of the indigenously built missile corvettes, was decommissioned after 32 years of service at a solemn ceremony held at Visakhapatnam.
- The corvette was built by the Mazagon Dock shipbuilders on August 23, 1989 and had the distinction of being part of both the Western and Eastern Fleets.
- During her service in the Indian Navy, the ship was commanded by 28 commanding officers and traversed a distance of over 6,44,897 nautical miles (a measurement used to measure distance in open sea), which is equivalent to navigating around the world 30 times or three times the distance between the Earth and the Moon.
Indian Navy’s 2nd indigenous stealth destroyer ‘Mormugao’ sailed
On Goa Liberation Day, Mormugao, the Indian Navy’s second indigenous stealth destroyer of the P15B class, proceeded on her maiden sea sortie.
- The ships name was dedicated to the maritime state of Goa with the goal to enhance the bonding between the Indian Navy and the people of Goa and tolink the ship’s identity permanently to the crucial role the Navy played in nation-building.
- Mormugao is being built at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (MDSL) as part of the Project 15B destroyers. The ship incorporates several niche indigenous technologies and is a shining example of Atma Nirbhar Bharat. She has provided thrust and impetus to the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
India successfully tests indigenous Aerial Target ‘Abhyas’
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully conducted a flight test of indigenously-developed high-speed expendable aerial target ‘Abhyas’ off the Chandipur coast in Odisha.
- Two boosters provided initial acceleration during launch and a small turbojet engine was used to sustain high subsonic speed with long endurance, it mentioned.
Security of Offshore Assets reviewed during exercise “Prasthan”
The security of the Offshore Development Area (ODA) in Krishna Godavari Basin on the East Coast of India was reviewed during exercise “Prasthan” conducted from 21 December to 22 December 21.
- The biannual exercise was coordinated and controlled by NOIC (APD) from Joint Operations Centre (JOC) Vizag under the aegis of Indian Navy to assess overall security architecture to provide support during an emergent situation at ODA and for the Oil Operators to validate their Standard Operating Procedures laid out for various contingencies related to ODA.
- Indian Naval Ships Kamorta, Tarmugli along with ISVs, T 36, T 38, T 39 and ICG ship Kanaklata Barua participated in the exercise along with MARCOS from INS Karna and naval helicopters from INS Dega. Oil Operators namely ONGC Ltd, Reliance Ltd & Vedanta Ltd, Coastal Police, Department of Port and Department of Fisheries also participated.
Legendary film-maker KS Sethumadhavan passes away at 90
Award-winning legendary filmmaker KS Sethumadhavan, who helmed a handful of iconic and path-breaking movies in Malayalam, died at his residence in Chennai, film industry sources said. He was 90.
- A multi-time recipient of the national and state awards, Sethumadhavan directed over 60 movies in five languages during his career spanning many decades since early 1960s. Besides Malayalam, he directed movies in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.
- Evergreen movies like “Odayil Ninnu”, “Anubhavangal Palichakal”, “Oppol”, “Aranazhikaneeram”, “Achanum Bappayum” and so on, which are considered landmark films in Malayalam, were the contributions of Sethumadhavan.
33 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 25th December, 2021”
Valuable information. Lucky me I found your site by accident, and I’m shocked why this accident did not happened earlier! I bookmarked it.
I am very happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that is at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.JJ’s Ducted Gas Heating Repairs and Installation 162 Mitchell Rd, Lilydale VIC 3140 0412 531 821
Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.
I acquired more new things on this weight-loss issue. One issue is that good nutrition is especially vital when dieting. An enormous reduction in bad foods, sugary foods, fried foods, sugary foods, pork, and white colored flour products might be necessary. Possessing wastes parasites, and toxic compounds may prevent desired goals for fat-loss. While particular drugs temporarily solve the problem, the nasty side effects are usually not worth it, and so they never give more than a temporary solution. This is a known idea that 95 of celebrity diets fail. Thank you for sharing your thinking on this website.
Thanks for some other informative web site. The place else may I get that type of info written in such a perfect manner? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been on the look out for such information.
I have observed that online diploma is getting well-liked because obtaining your college degree online has become a popular solution for many people. A lot of people have definitely not had a possible opportunity to attend a traditional college or university yet seek the increased earning possibilities and career advancement that a Bachelors Degree gives. Still other individuals might have a college degree in one course but would like to pursue another thing they now have an interest in.
I believe that a property foreclosures can have a major effect on the debtor’s life. Property foreclosures can have a 6 to decade negative impact on a borrower’s credit report. The borrower who may have applied for a home loan or just about any loans for example, knows that the particular worse credit rating will be, the more complicated it is to secure a decent loan. In addition, it may affect any borrower’s ability to find a respectable place to lease or rent, if that gets the alternative homes solution. Thanks for your blog post.
I have learned a number of important things via your post. I might also like to express that there can be situation that you will get a loan and never need a cosigner such as a U.S. Student Support Loan. However, if you are getting credit through a regular loan company then you need to be ready to have a co-signer ready to enable you to. The lenders may base any decision on the few components but the largest will be your credit score. There are some financial institutions that will additionally look at your work history and make up your mind based on that but in most cases it will hinge on your report.
One thing is the fact that one of the most typical incentives for utilizing your credit cards is a cash-back or even rebate provision. Generally, you’ll have access to 1-5 back on various expenditures. Depending on the credit card, you may get 1 again on most expenses, and 5 again on buying made in convenience stores, gas stations, grocery stores and ‘member merchants’.
I have realized that car insurance organizations know the autos which are at risk from accidents and various risks. Additionally they know what style of cars are susceptible to higher risk as well as higher risk they’ve already the higher the premium rate. Understanding the straightforward basics associated with car insurance will assist you to choose the right type of insurance policy that can take care of your requirements in case you happen to be involved in any accident. Thank you sharing the particular ideas on the blog.
Thanks for these guidelines. One thing I should also believe is the fact credit cards offering a 0 rate of interest often bait consumers with zero rate, instant acceptance and easy online balance transfers, however beware of the number one factor that will certainly void that 0 easy neighborhood annual percentage rate plus throw one out into the terrible house quick.
Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.
I have read some just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you set to create the sort of great informative website.
It?s arduous to search out educated individuals on this topic, however you sound like you already know what you?re speaking about! Thanks
whoah this blog is magnificent i love reading your articles. Keep up the good work! You understand, a lot of individuals are hunting around for this info, you can aid them greatly.
Great post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am inspired! Extremely helpful info specifically the final section 🙂 I deal with such info much. I was looking for this particular info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.
I appreciate, cause I found exactly what I was looking for. You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye
Good blog post. Some tips i would like to bring up is that computer memory needs to be purchased if the computer still cannot cope with anything you do with it. One can deploy two RAM memory boards with 1GB each, for instance, but not one of 1GB and one having 2GB. One should make sure the car maker’s documentation for one’s PC to be sure what type of memory space is needed.
You made some respectable factors there. I looked on the web for the issue and located most individuals will associate with along with your website.
It?s really a nice and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.
I’ve learned new things via your web site. One other thing I want to say is that often newer computer system os’s have a tendency to allow much more memory for use, but they in addition demand more memory space simply to run. If people’s computer is not able to handle far more memory along with the newest application requires that memory increase, it usually is the time to shop for a new Laptop or computer. Thanks
I will also like to mention that most people that find themselves with out health insurance can be students, self-employed and those that are out of work. More than half of those uninsured are really under the age of 35. They do not really feel they are requiring health insurance because they’re young and healthy. Its income is usually spent on real estate, food, plus entertainment. Lots of people that do represent the working class either 100 or part-time are not provided insurance by their jobs so they move without due to rising tariff of health insurance in the states. Thanks for the tips you write about through this site.
According to my research, after a in foreclosure process home is sold at an auction, it is common to the borrower to still have a remaining unpaid debt on the loan. There are many loan merchants who attempt to have all costs and liens paid back by the subsequent buyer. On the other hand, depending on certain programs, legislation, and state laws there may be a number of loans that are not easily sorted out through the transfer of personal loans. Therefore, the obligation still lies on the borrower that has acquired his or her property foreclosed on. Thank you sharing your notions on this web site.
Most of what you claim happens to be astonishingly appropriate and that makes me wonder the reason why I had not looked at this in this light previously. This article truly did switch the light on for me personally as far as this specific issue goes. But at this time there is actually 1 point I am not too comfortable with so whilst I try to reconcile that with the actual core theme of the position, let me observe exactly what all the rest of your visitors have to point out.Very well done.
I’m very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that’s at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best doc.
This site can be a stroll-by for all the data you wanted about this and didn?t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you?ll undoubtedly discover it.
With almost everything that appears to be building throughout this particular subject matter, a significant percentage of viewpoints are generally somewhat refreshing. However, I appologize, because I do not subscribe to your whole theory, all be it exhilarating none the less. It seems to everybody that your opinions are generally not completely rationalized and in reality you are generally yourself not wholly convinced of the point. In any event I did enjoy reading through it.
I appreciated how easy it was to navigate the amcauto.co website. Finding the right truck for my needs was a breeze!
“I just wanted to say that your website is a real treasure trove of information. I’ve learned so much from reading your articles and I look forward to exploring more of your content.”
Thanks for the strategies presented. One thing I also believe is that often credit cards presenting a 0 rate often entice consumers in zero rate, instant endorsement and easy on the web balance transfers, but beware of the top factor that will certainly void your own 0 easy streets annual percentage rate plus throw anybody out into the poor house quick.
I just like the valuable information you provide to your articles. I?ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I’m moderately certain I will be told lots of new stuff proper here! Good luck for the following!
One thing I’d prefer to touch upon is that weight loss program fast can be achieved by the appropriate diet and exercise. A person’s size not simply affects the look, but also the overall quality of life. Self-esteem, depressive disorder, health risks, plus physical ability are disturbed in excess weight. It is possible to just make everything right whilst still having a gain. If this happens, a problem may be the reason. While excessive food but not enough exercise are usually to blame, common health conditions and traditionally used prescriptions can certainly greatly help to increase size. Thanks alot : ) for your post in this article.
I’ve been surfing online more than three hours these days, but I never discovered any fascinating article like yours. It?s pretty value enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net can be much more helpful than ever before.