Daily Current Affairs 25 June 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Self Defence Training for Girls in Schools under Samagra Shiksha
Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched Integrated Scheme for School Education i.e. Samagra Shiksha effective from 2018-19. Self Defence training for girls is an activity under Samagra Shiksha. Keeping in view, the rising number of crimes against girls and women in the country and to ensure safety and security of girls, Self Defence training is imparted to girls of class VI to XII belonging to Government Schools.
- Funds for this purpose are provided for three months @ Rs. 3000/- per school per month for inculcating self-defence skills including life skill for self-protection and self-development among the girls.
Bihar Government bans Tree-Felling
The Government of Bihar recently banned felling of trees, citing increasing pollution as well as a fatal heatwave. Trees on private land, however, can be felled in the absence of a tree-protection Act in Bihar.
CPWD constitutes core group for implementation of vision document
The Central Public Works Department (CPWD) has constituted a seven-member core group to prepare a roadmap for implementation of a five-year “vision document” as directed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- An official said the core group, chaired by Additional Director General (training & research) M K Sharma, has been asked to submit its report within 15 days.
IOC formally opens $145M new headquarters in Switzerland
The International Olympic Committee has formally opened its 145 million Swiss francs ($145 million) new headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland exactly 125 years after the Olympic Games was revived.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI introduces ‘Complaint Management System’
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das launched “Complaint Management System (CMS)”, a software application to facilitate RBI’s grievance redressal processes.
- Members of public can access the CMS portal at the central bank’s website to lodge their complaints against any of the entities regulated by RBI.
- The CMS has self-help material (in video format) to guide the users of the portal; videos on safe banking practices; and on the regulatory initiatives of RBI.
World Bank approves $147 Million Loan to the Government of Jharkhand
The Government of India, the Government of Jharkhand and the World Bank, signed a $147 Million Loan Agreement to provide basic urban services to the people of Jharkhand and help improve the management capacity of the urban local bodies (ULBs) in the State.
- The Jharkhand Municipal Development Project will focus on improving the municipal sector’s capacity to provide basic urban services.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Maruti Suzuki partners Bank of Baroda for vehicle finance
Maruti Suzuki India said it has joined hands with Bank of Baroda to support dealer inventory financing and customer auto loans. The company has signed a memorandum of understanding with Bank of Baroda, under which the bank will become a preferred financier.
- The partnership with Bank of Baroda will allow Maruti Suzuki to provide more comprehensive financing opportunities for dealers as well as customers.
Indian women’s rugby team records first-ever 15s international victory
The Indian women’s rugby team claimed a historic first-ever international Rugby 15s victory with a 21-19 win over Singapore to finish third in the Asia Women’s – Division 1 Rugby XVs Championship.
- The tournament was one of the qualifying rounds for the 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup to be held in New Zealand.
Roger Federer wins his 10th Halle Open title
World number three Roger Federer defeated David Goffin 7-6(7-2), 6-1 in the final to win the Halle Open for the 10th time. It is the first time that the 37-year-old has won the same title 10 times in his career.
Milan-Cortina to host Winter Olympics 2026
Italian cities Milan and Cortina will host the Olympic Winter Games 2026. International Olympic Committee elected the Italian cities at the 134th IOC Session, taking place from June 24 to 26, in Lausanne.
‘Data Sovereignty: The Pursuit of Supremacy’ by Vinit Goenka released
Author Vinit Goenka released his new co-authored book titled ‘Function of Data Sovereignty: The Pursuit of Supremacy’. He is founder member of Centre for Knowledge Sovereignty (CKS), which is an endeavour to acquire knowledge through experts of eminence in respective field.
Rajasthan BJP chief Madan Lal Saini passes away
President of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s Rajasthan unit Madan Lal Saini has passed away at Delhi’s All India Institute of Medical Sciences where he was undergoing treatment. Saini, also a Rajya Sabha MP, was 75.