Daily Current Affairs 25 November 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
India-Indonesia joint military exercise ‘Garuda Shakti’ kicks off in west Java
A contingent of Indian Special Forces troops is currently engaged in a bilateral joint training exercise, Garuda Shakti, with Indonesian Special Forces at Sangga Buana Training Area, Karawang, Indonesia, the Ministry of Defence said.
- This is the eighth edition of the series of bilateral exercises under this banner, aimed to enhancing understanding, cooperation and interoperability between the Special Forces of both armies
UN rights body launches Iran human rights probe
The United Nations Human Rights Council has voted to establish a fact-finding mission to investigate potential abuses in Iran’s crackdown on anti-government demonstrations, with a particular focus on women and children.
- Thunderous applause broke out as the 47-member council passed the resolution, with 25 countries voting in favour and 16 abstaining. Six nations – Armenia, China, Cuba, Eritrea, Pakistan and Venezuela – voted against the measure.
- The resolution is the latest move by the international community to pressure Iran over alleged abuses linked to the protests, which broke out in September after 22-year-old Mahsa Amini died after being arrested by the “morality police” for violating the country’s strict dress code.
BANKING & FINANCE
SBI continues to lead debit card market, HDFC leads credit cards for October
Country’s largest lender, State Bank of India continues to dominate the debit cards market in October 2022, with a 29% share. Compared to last month the share was slightly less, where SBI led the debit card market by 30 per cent in September.
- According to the latest data collated by PGA labs, SBI retained the top position in the debit cards market while HDFC bank maintained its top position in the credit cards market.
- While PSU banks hold the lion’s share in the debit cards market, Kotak Mahindra Bank and Axis Bank witnessed the highest YoY growth in the credit cards segment with 70% and 37%, respectively.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Tata to acquire Bisleri for up to ₹7,000 crore: Report
Tata Consumer Products Ltd will buy Bisleri International for up to ₹7000 crore, citing the packaged water maker’s chairman Ramesh Chauhan.
- The Tata Group houses its consumer business under Tata Consumer Products Ltd (TCPL) which also sells packaged mineral water under the brand Himalayan and with brands as Tata Copper Plus Water and Tata Gluco in the hydration segment.
IRSEE officer Vinit Kumar takes over as KVIC chief executive
Vinit Kumar, an officer of the IRSEE, has taken over as the chief executive officer of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVlC).
- Vinit Kumar, an officer of the 1993 IRSEE batch, has served as the chairman of Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port, Kolkata and as chief electrical engineer in the Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd and looked after the World Bank-funded MUTP project.
Anwar Ibrahim sworn in as Malaysian PM
Long-time opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim was sworn in as Malaysia’s prime minister in a victory for political reformers who were locked in a battle with Malay nationalists for days after a divisive general election produced a hung Parliament.
- Malaysia’s king, Sultan Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah, named Mr. Anwar, 75, as the nation’s tenth leader after expressing satisfaction that he is the candidate who is likely to have majority support.
Prodapt wins the Prestigious Salesforce Partner Innovation Award 2022
Prodapt, a leading global consulting, technology & managed services provider with a singular focus on the Connectedness industry, has been named a recipient of the Salesforce Partner Innovation Award in the “Communications” category.
- The prestigious award recognizes Prodapt’s contributions to Salesforce-driven digital transformation programs and the development of specific solution accelerators for the communications industry.
- Each year, the Salesforce Partner Innovation Awards recognize the significant contributions Salesforce partners have made across clouds, industries, and the broader partner program – including consulting firms, digital agencies, resellers, and ISV partners.
Painter AP Shreethar, Museum man of India was honored with Economic Times Inspiring Leaders Award – 2022 in Delhi
Museum maker AP. Shreethar was honored with Economic Times Inspiring Leaders Award – 2022 in Delhi. Painter AP. Shreethar was conferred ET Inspiring Leaders Award 2022 and the award was presented by Actress Mrunal Thakur in the capital city, Delhi.
- AP Shreethar is a self-taught artist and museum maker. He is known to have conducted over 72 shows and exhibitions around the globe. AP Shreethar is additionally credited as the creator of the world’s first Live Art Museum.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports announces Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards for year 2021
President Droupadi Murmu will give away the Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards for the year 2021, at the Rashtrapati Bhawan on 30th of this month.The award will be given in four categories, Land Adventure, Water Adventure, Air Adventure and Life Time Achievement.
- Group Capitan Bhawani Singh Samyal will be conferred with Life time Achievement award, Shubham Dhananjay Vanmali with Water Adventure, and Naina Dhakad with Land Adventure.
- They will receive statuettes, certificates and award money 15 lakh rupees each. Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards are given every year to recognize the achievements of persons in the fields of adventure, to encourage young people to develop the spirit of endurance, risk-taking and to provide incentive to the young people for getting exposed to adventure activities.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
JNPA inaugurates Continuous Marine Water Quality Monitoring Station
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Authority (JNPA) in association with the Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras, has developed a Continuous Marine Water Quality Monitoring Station (CMWQMS) & launched an Electric Environmental Monitoring Vehicle (EV) at the port site.
- The continuous water quality system and electric monitoring vehicle will assist in managing the marine water and air quality in the port area, regulating the environmental quality within the port area.