Daily Current Affairs 25 October 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Prime Minister launched the first phase of “Rozgar Mela”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Rozgar Mela, the recruitment drive for 10 lakh personnel. In a significant step forward to provide job opportunities for the youth, 75,000 employees will be handed over the appointment letter during the occasion.
- The PMO said this will be a significant step forward towards fulfilling the continuous commitment of the prime minister to providing job opportunities for the youth and ensuring welfare of citizens.
- The new recruits, selected from across the country, will join 38 ministries or departments of the Government of India. The appointees will join the government at various levels in Group A and B (Gazetted), Group B (Non-Gazetted) and Group C.
‘Honesty shops’ launched for school students in Kerala’s Ernakulam
Schools in Kerala’s Ernakulam district introduced “honesty shops” for students up to Class 12.
- This initiative was launched by the Student police cadet with the aim of cultivating valuable lessons on trust, truth and integrity for students.
- There will be no salesperson in these shops and neither will they have a shopkeeper present. Students can choose items they need and drop the money for each item inside the collection box kept on a table. The price list of every object is displayed next to it
India’s first ‘Migration Monitoring System’ inaugurated in Mumbai
Country’s first ‘Migration Monitoring System’, which provides updated information on migrant pregnant women, lactating mothers and children instantly on a single system, was inaugurated in Mumbai.The system is available on the website https://mahamts.in/login and MahaMTS App is available in Google Play Store.
- Maharashtra Women and Child Development Minister Mangalprabhat Lodha launched the system developed by Department of Women and Child Development.
- Speaking at the launch Minister Mr. Lodha said that the Department has created a website-based Migration Tracking System (MTS) to track the movements of vulnerable seasonal migrant beneficiaries through individual unique identification numbers.
Cyclone Sitrang hits Bangladesh, hundreds of thousands evacuated
Cyclone Sitrang has lashed Bangladesh, killing at least 9 people and snapping power and communication lines in the country’s southern and southwestern coastal region.
- The cyclone triggered heavy rains and flooding in many areas, including the capital Dhaka.
FATF blacklists Myanmar, calls for due diligence to transactions in nation
Money laundering and terrorist financing watchdog Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has put Myanmar on the “black list” and has called on members to apply enhanced due diligence to business relations and transactions in Myanmar.
- The FATF blacklist, officially designated as High-Risk Jurisdictions subject to a Call for Action, identifies nations with weak anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist funding regulatory frameworks.
BANKING & FINANCE
Anna May Wong to be first Asian American to feature on US currency
Groundbreaking actor Anna May Wong is set to become the first Asian American to appear on US currency. The actor who broke into Hollywood during the silent film era will be featured on the US currency a century after she landed her first leading role.
- Anna May Wong’s image, with her iconic blunt bangs and pencil-thin eyebrows, will feature on the back of new quarters. The design has been introduced after the American Women Quarters Program which aims to highlight pioneering women in their respective fields.
- This year, four other quarters were into production featuring poet and activist Maya Angelou; the first American woman in space, Sally Ride; Cherokee Nation leader Wilma Mankiller; and suffragist Nina Otero-Warren.
Yuvraj Singh becomes the brand ambassador for 3rd T20 World Cricket Cup for the Blind
Former Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh has become the brand ambassador for the 3rd T20 World Cup for the Blind.
- The tournament is scheduled to be held in India in December 2022 and will feature a total of 7 teams, including hosts India.
- The opening match will be played on 6th December between India and Nepal. The tournament will be held in India.
Rishi Sunak to be UK’s youngest Prime Minister in two centuries
Rishi Sunak became Britain’s third prime minister this year and the first person of colour to lead the former imperial power, vowing to mend the “mistakes” of Liz Truss’s calamitous 49-day tenure.
- Sunak became the ruling Conservatives’ new leader after triumphing over rival contender Penny Mordaunt, who failed to secure enough nominations from Tory MPs.
- The 42-year-old Hindu will be Britain’s first prime minister of colour and the youngest in more than two centuries.
Ashwini K.P. becomes first Indian to be appointed Independent Expert on Racism by UNHRC
The UN Human Rights Council appointed the first Asian and first Indian as an independent expert on racism and related intolerance.
- The 47-member UN human rights body, based in Geneva, endorsed the appointment of Dalit activist and professor of political science, Ashwini K.P..
- The vacancy for the Special Rapporteur (SR) on contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance came up unexpectedly as the incumbent, Zambia’s E. Tendayi Achiume, resigned before the completion of her three-year term.
Red Bull Formula One owner Dietrich Mateschitz passes away
Red Bull racing team owner Dietrich Mateschitz has died at the age of 78, succumbing to a long-term illness.
- The Austrian billionaire was the co-founder of energy drink company Red Bull and founder and owner of the Red Bull Formula One racing team.
- The Red Bull Racing team has enjoyed success in Formula 1, winning the constructors’ championship in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, while German driver Vettel won four drivers’ championships in a row while signed to the team.