Daily Current Affairs 25 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
World’s highest electric vehicle charging station inaugurated in Himachal state
Himachal Pradesh’s Kaza which is located in of Lahaul and Spiti district has got a unique distinction to its name as it now has the world’s highest electric vehicle(EV) charging station at 500 ft .
- The EV charging station was inaugurated in a bid to promote a sustainable environment.
Assam to set up a tea Park at Kamrup district’s Chhaygaon
Assam is setting up a tea Park at Chayygaon in Kamrup District.
- This tea garden will have rail and port connectivity, cargo and warehouse amenities, processing facilities like tea grinding, blending, packaging and other utility services under one roof.
Uttar Pradesh govt to set up electronic park in 250 acres near Jewar Airport
The Uttar Pradesh government will set up an electronic park in the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (Yeida) area that is expected to attract an investment of ₹50,000 crore, according to Yeida CEO Arun Veer Singh.
- The official said that the growing interest in Uttar Pradesh among electronic industry giants due to “investor-friendly” policies has prompted the government to develop the Electronic Park.
- The Park is likely to be developed in an area of 250 acres either in Sector 14, or Sector 10 of Yeida near Jewar Airport.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana completes three years
Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana has completed three years.
- In order to celebrate the journey, NHA is organising four days hybrid (virtual & physical) event, Arogya Manthan 3.0 from 23rd – 25th September and 27th September 2021.
Centre notifies Production Linked Incentive Scheme for automobile & auto components
The Centre has notified Production Linked Incentive Scheme (PLI) for automobile and auto components.
- The scheme will be implemented over a period of five years starting from financial year 2022 to 2023.
- It is estimated that the scheme will help create additional employment of over 7.5 lakh jobs in the auto sector.It will also attract fresh investments of over 42 thousand 500 crore rupees in five years.
Over two crore 82 lakh households electrified across country so far under Saubhagya scheme
Government said that two crore 82 lakh households have been electrified so far under the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana – Saubhagya.
- The scheme has completed four years since its inception. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched this scheme on this day in 2017 to ensure electrification of all willing households in the country in rural as well as urban areas.
Finance Ministry approves capital expenditure projects worth over Rs 2, 903 crore in eight states to give timely stimulus to economic recovery
Finance Ministry has approved capital expenditure projects worth over two thousand 903 crore rupees in eight States. The capital will be provided to states under the scheme Special Assistance to States for Capital Expenditure for 2021-22 to give timely stimulus to economic recovery.
- The Ministry has released over one thousand 393 crore rupees to States, namely, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Punjab, Sikkim and Telangana.
IIT Bombay stands among top 22 % in 2022 QS Graduate Employability Rankings
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay stands among top 22 per cent in the 2022 QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
- As per the release, in last one year, IIT Bombay has moved up in the range from 111-120 to 101-110 rankings in QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022. On employer reputation indicator, with a score of 73.9, IIT, Bombay ranked at 70th place globally.
Statue of anonymous bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto unveiled in Hungary
Bitcoin’s pseudonymous creator Satoshi Nakamoto’s first statue was unveiledin a business park near the Danube river in Budapest, Hungary.
- The bust of the bronze statue is placed on top of the engraved stone plinth, bearing the name of Satoshi Nakamoto, whose true identity is hitherto unknown.
- Although the legendary creator’s identity is still a mystery to the world, the bronze statue acknowledges the immense contribution to the disruption of traditional currency.
International Astronomical Union names crater on the Moon’s South Pole after Matthew Henson
The International Astronomical Union has named a crater on the South Pole of the Moon after Matthew Henson, a Black man who became one of the first people to stand on top of the world.
- Located in the Moon’s South Pole between Sverdrup and de Gerlache craters, the Henson Crater is in the same region where the Artemis program by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) aims to land the next generation of lunar explorers.
- The explorers will be selected from the space agency’s increasingly diverse astronaut pool.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBL Bank and Mastercard launch a new campaign for a seamless payment experience
RBL Bank and Mastercard announced the launch of a new festive campaign, #UseBefikar, which rewards existing cardholders with exciting shopping offers and rewards.
- Backed by renowned personalities including Riteish Deshmukh, Mirabai Chanu and Vikrant Massey, the campaign is running through a video series that aims to strike a chord with cardholders at the start of the festive season.
- These videos will highlight the card’s versatile offerings for every family member, focusing on categories such as health and fitness, e-commerce, online bill payments and food delivery.
Telangana govt signs MoU with Wingsure for AI-driven personalised insurance and advisory services to farmers
The Telangana Government has entered into an agreement with Wingsure, an insurtech venture spin-out of SRI International.
- As a part of the agreement, Wingsure will provide deep-tech-based personalised crop insurance products and advisory services to small, underserved farmers in the State.
- The alliance is among the first in the global farming ecosystem and will help Telangana to promote social inclusion and digital transformation in Indian agriculture.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India signs contract for acquisition of 56 C-295MW transport aircraft
India has signed a contract with Airbus Defence and Space Company of Spain for acquisition of 56 C-295MW transport aircraft for the Indian Air Force. Defence Ministry signed the contract with Airbus Defence and Space. It also signed an Offset Contract with Airbus Defence and Space.
- The induction of C-295MW will be a significant step towards modernisation of the transport fleet of the Indian Air Force. 56 C-295MW transport aircraft is supported by latest technology which will replace the ageing Avro transport aircraft of IAF.
- The aircraft will give a major boost to tactical airlift capability of IAF, especially in the Northern and North-Eastern sector and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
India will become 3rd largest importer by 2050: UK report
India could become the world’s third-largest importer by 2050, according to a report released by the UK’s Department of International Trade. With a 5.9 per cent share of global imports by 2050, the country will become the third-largest importer, following China and the United States.
- At present, India occupies the eighth spot on the list of the largest importing countries with a 2.8 per cent share. As per the Global Trade Outlook report, the country’s position on the list will jump to the fourth position by 2030 with a 3.9 per cent share.
- The report suggests that there will be a change in import trends in fur as the US and European Union’s share of imports is expected to decline, while Asia will see its share of global imports rise.
- However, China is expected to completely overtake the US as the world’s largest economy in 2030. “The overtake is expected to happen around 2030.
Bhubaneswar to host men’s hockey Junior World Cup
Odisha was named the host of this year’s FIH men’s hockey Junior World Cup. The event will be staged at the Kalinga Stadium from November 24 to Dec. 5.
- Lucknow had hosted the tournament’s last edition in 2016 where India claimed the honours.
India’s GM D. Gukesh wins Norway Chess Open 2021
India’s D Gukesh won his second consecutive tournament of this month, the Norway Chess Open 2021 Masters section. Gukesh scored an unbeaten 8.5/10 and finished a full point ahead of the competition to win the tournament.
- Iniyan secured sole second position with 8.5/10 points, finishing a half point ahead of top seed Dmitrij Kollars (Germany) and Valentin Dragnev (Austria).
India’s Abhishek Verma elected to World Archery’s athletes committee
India’s three-time World Cup gold medal-winning compound archer Abhishek Verma has been elected to World Archery’s athletes’ committee for a four-year term.
- The 32-year-old was elected alongside reigning women’s world champion Natalia Avdeeva of Russia after participants voted during the ongoing World Championships. Compound archers were polled for their new representatives.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Amitav Ghosh’s ‘Jungle Nama’ released as audiobook
Amitav Ghosh’s “Jungle Nama”, the verse adaptation of an episode from the legend of Bon Bibi, a tale popular in the villages of the Sundarbans, has now been released as an audiobook with music and voice of US-based Ali Sethi. It was released by HarperCollins India.
- Jungle Nama evokes the wonder of the Sundarban through its poetry, accompanied by stunning artwork by the renowned artist Salman Toor.
World Pharmacist Day
World Pharmacists Day is observed on September 25 each year to pay tributes to pharmacists for the role they play in improving global health.
- The purpose of the annual Pharmacists Day is to encourage activities that promote and advocate for the role of the pharmacist in improving health in every corner of the world.
- This year’s theme, developed by the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP), is “Pharmacy: Always trusted for your health”. The theme was chosen to highlight the importance of trust in healthcare and the practice of pharmacy across diverse clinical settings.
Antyodaya Diwas is observed every year on September 25. This day was given its national importance when Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in 2014, dedicated it in honour of late Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya to mark his birth anniversary.
- He was a veteran politician who was one of the key leaders of Bharatiya Jana Sangh from which the BJP emerged.