Daily Current Affairs 26 July 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Govt to Install Solar projects of 40,000 MW by 2022
The government has set a target for the installation of Rooftop Solar projects of 40,000 MegaWatt by 2022 in the country.
- The projects include installation of solar panels on the rooftop of houses. It is estimated that 1.5 million units per MegaWatt per year are generated from solar rooftop plants.
Pakistan to send its first man to space in 2022
Pakistan has announced that it will send its first astronaut to space in 2022 using close ally China’s satellite launching facilities.
- Pakistan’s decision came as India successfully launched its second lunar mission Chandrayaan-2.
China launches first private rocket capable of carrying satellites
Beijing-based startup “Interstellar Glory Space Technology” also known as iSpace successfully launched the china’s first commercial rocket.
- The 20 m (66-foot) rocket designed by iSpace named Hyperbola-1 reached an altitude of 300 kilometres (186 miles).
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Apple acquires Intel’s smartphone modem business for $1bn
Apple has announced the acquisition of chip-maker Intel”s smartphone modem business for $1 billion. This agreement enables to focus on developing technology for the 5G network while retaining critical intellectual property and modem technology.
Dejan Papic appointed as India’s table tennis coach
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) has appointed the Canadian Dejan Papic as the head coach of the Indian table tennis team. He has signed a one-year contract and will be the in charge through the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Mohammad Amir retires from Test cricket
Pakistan left-arm fast bowler Mohammad Amir bid adieu to Test cricket with immediate effect, saying he wants to focus on white-ball cricket.
Indian men’s football team drops two places to 103 in FIFA rankings
Indian men’s football team dropped two places to settle at 103 in the FIFA rankings updated recently. Belgium still top the rankings.
BCCI announces new sponsor for team India
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced a new sponsor for the Indian team.
- BYJU’S will be taking over the sponsorship from OPPO. The Indian team will be wearing the jersey with a new sponsor from September in the home series against South Africa.
Yeddyurappa sworn in as Karnataka CM
Veteran BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa has been swon in as Karnataka Chief Minister, three days after the fall of the Congress-JD(S) coalition government.
Sunil Kumar given charge as MTNL chief
Sunil Kumar has been given additional charge of chairman and managing director of the Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL).
- Kumar takes over from P K Purwar who was recently appointed chairman and managing Director of BSNL.
Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury appointed PAC Chairman
The leader of the Congress party in Lok Sabha, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury was appointed as the Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
Tunisia’s first democratically elected president Beji Caid Essebsi passes away
Tunisia’s President Beji Caid Essebsi, the first democratically elected leader of the North African country, breathed his last at the age of 92.
Kargil Vijay Diwas
India remembers its brave hearts on 26 July which is celebrated as Kargil Vijay Diwas. On this day, the country remembers the extreme valour, sacrifice and exemplary courage of Indian soldiers during 1999 Kargil war.
- This year nation is celebrating the 20 years of victory in Kargil war.