Daily Current Affairs 27 August 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Centre identifies 75 tribal districts for focused TB interventions
After having run an active case-finding campaign to detect instances of Tuberculosis (TB) among tribal populations over the past six months, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and the Central TB Division of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare have now zeroed in on 75 tribal districts, where focused interventions will be run over the next few months with the aim to make them TB-free.
AAI signs MoU with Sweden to facilitate smart and sustainable aviation technology collaboration
Airports Authority of India (AAI) and LFV Air Navigation Services of Sweden (LUFTFARTSVERKET) signed a Memorandum of Understanding. The agreement brings together two air navigation service providers, India and Sweden, with demonstrated capabilities in building and operationalizing the next generation of sustainable aviation technology, to explore smart aviation solutions.
AirAsia India becomes the first airline in India to use the revolutionary AI-powered CAE Rise™ Training System
AirAsia India and CAE have announced their collaboration to integrate the CAE Rise™ Training System into the airline’s simulator training program. AirAsia India is the first airline in India to adopt a data-driven training program using CAE Rise™.
BANKING & FINANCE
Bank of Baroda subsidiary launches co-branded RuPay contactless credit card for Indian Army
Bank of Baroda-backed BOB Financial Solutions launched a Yoddha co-branded RuPay credit card for the Indian Army personnel, in partnership with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The new co-branded credit card will be equipped with contactless features and will be offered on the RuPay platform.
Axis Bank to roll out campaign with KMRL for its Kochi1 card
Axis Bank has decided to roll out campaigns along with the Kochi Metro Rail Ltd to promote its Kochi1 card amongst metro commuters. This would help daily commuters save considerably more with discounted metro fares.
- The cardholders also get lounge access and discount on bus tickets, making the Kochi1 card popular among Kochiites, Sanjeev Moghe, President and Head – Cards & Payments, Axis Bank said.
FIFA lifts ban on India, U-17 Women’s World Cup to be held as planned
World football governing body International Federation of Football Association (FIFA) on August 26, lifted the ban imposed on the All India Football Federation (AIFF) after the Supreme Court terminated the mandate of the Committee of Administrators (CoA), clearing the decks for India to host the Women’s U-17 World Cup in October. FIFA had suspended the AIFF on August 15 for “undue influence from third parties” and had said the U-17 Women’s World Cup “cannot currently be held in India as planned.”
UEFA Awards: Karim Benzema, Alexia Putellas Bag Top Player Honours; Carlo Ancelotti, Sarina Wiegman Named Coaches of the Year
Karim Benzema and Alexia Putellas were rewarded for outstanding seasons by winning the UEFA men’s and women’s player of the year prizes at a ceremony in Istanbul.
- The coaching awards went to the winners of the two biggest events last season – Carlo Ancelotti of Madrid and Sarina Wiegman, who led England to the Euro 2022 title.
Neeraj Chopra finishes first at Lausanne Diamond League with 89.08m throw
Neeraj Chopra finished first at the Lausanne Diamond League, becoming the first Indian to clinch the top spot in a Diamond League meet, after registering an 89.08m throw in his first attempt.
DreamSetGo appoints Sourav Ganguly as its first brand ambassador
DreamSetGo, India’s first premium sports experiences and travel platform, announced the “Maharaja of Cricket”, Sourav Ganguly as its first brand ambassador.
- As the “Supercaptain” for DreamSetGo, Ganguly will play a key role in promoting DSG’s curated experiences offered through its key partnerships with Manchester City, Chelsea FC, ICC Travel and Tours, AO Travel, F1® Experiences and more.
Mamaearth parent grabs top spot in Hurun’s PE-backed start-ups list
The parent company of personal care brand Mamaearth, Honasa Consumer Pvt Ltd, has grabbed the top spot in a list of best-performing companies that were backed by private equity (PE) funds in the financial year 2020-21.
- The first edition of the Practus Hurun India PE Performers 2022 highlights companies that have shown remarkable growth in financial performance as well as investors who backed them.
- Encube Ethicals, an integrated pharmaceutical company dedicated only to topical formulations, recorded 343% growth and is ranked second on the list.
- Ecom Express, a tech-enabled logistics solutions provider, is ranked third, with a growth of 283%.