Daily Current Affairs 27 June 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Cabinet approves Rs 13,343 cr for vaccination of animals
The Centre has approved Rs 13,343 crore for the National Animal Disease Control Programme for Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis for the next five years.
- The amount of Rs 2683 crore is proposed for the Financial Year 2019-20.
- FMD control programme envisages 100 per cent vaccination coverage of cattle, buffaloes, sheep, goats and pigs at six months interval in the entire country. Further, animals will be identified using unique animal identification ear tags. The programme also includes de-worming of targeted population of livestock twice a year as one of its activities.
- Under Brucellosis control programme, 100 per cent vaccination coverage of female cattle and buffalo calves (4-8 months of age) once in a life time.
‘Swachhta Pakhwada’ observed by MNRE from 1-15 June
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and institutions under it observed Swachhta Pakhwada (cleanliness fortnight) from 1st June to 15th June 2019.
- During this period, MNRE undertook various activities such as Shramdan (cleanliness drive) by staff, lectures and seminars.
UP govt approves loan of Rs. 2000 cr to expedite construction of Purvanchal expressway
The Yogi Adityanath government approved a loan of Rs 2,000 crore to expedite the construction of the Purvanchal expressway.
Meeting of Expert Working Group of Paris Pact Initiative to be held in New Delhi
The Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance is hosting a Meeting of Expert Working Group on Paris Pact Initiative in New Delhi.
- The meeting focuses on Illicit Financial Flows deriving from the trafficking of Opiates originating in Afghanistan.
The Rahimatpur Police station in Satara tops SMART survey
The Rahimatpur police station in Satara district in Maharashtra has emerged as the State topper in a survey based on the ‘SMART’ policing concept.
- ‘SMART’: Strict and sensitive, modern and mobile, alert and accountable, reliable and responsive, techno-savvy and trained.
- The survey was executed by the Quality Council of India.
PM Modi arrived in Osaka for G20 summit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Osaka, Japan for the G20 summit during which he is scheduled to participate in a few plurilateral meetings besides meeting with world leaders including US President Donald Trump.
- “Women empowerment, issues related to digitalisation and artificial intelligence, and progress in achieving Sustainable Development Goals and in our common efforts to address major global challenges such as terrorism and climate change form the rich agenda of the summit,” he said.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Max Bupa partners with MobiKwik for health insurance
Health insurance provider Max Bupa partners with fintech platform MobiKwik to promote bite sized group health insurance products for MobiKwik’s 107 million customers across the country.
- Bite-sized insurance offerings are over the counter health insurance products, primarily targeted towards working professionals and millennials.
Lewis Hamilton wins France Grand Prix 2019
Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton won the France Grand Prix 2019. This is his sixth triumph in eight races in this season.
Nagaland Guv PB Acharya gets additional charge of Manipur
Nagaland Governor Padmanabha Balkrishna Acharya has been given additional charge of Manipur in absence of Najma Heptulla.
- Acharya has been the Governor of Nagaland since July 2014, while Heptulla was appointed as Governor of Manipur in August 2016.
IAS Brajendra Navnit gets extension as Joint Secretary in PMO
Secretariat of the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the extension of IAS Brajendra Navnit as Joint Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office.
- Navnit is a Tamil Nadu cadre IAF officer of the 1999 batch.
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan awarded honourary degree by Oxford University
Iconic Pakistani playback and Qawwali singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has been awarded with an honourary degree at the prestigious Oxford University.
- The Pakistani singer was presented with the degree of Doctor of Music at a ceremony.
- Rahat Ali Khan has sung more than 50 title tracks of television serials and over 100 film songs in both Hollywood and Bollywood
Renowned Tollywood actress and director Vijaya Nirmala passes away
Tollywood actress and director Vijaya Nirmala passed away at the age of 73.
- She was ill from the last few days and was undergoing treatment at Continental Hospital in Hyderabad when she passed away.
Micro, Small and Medium sized Enterprises Day
The United Nations observe 27 June as the Micro, Small and Medium sized Enterprises Day.
- Since 2017, Micro, small and Medium-sized businesses celebrate this day in recognition of their work in local and global economies. These enterprises, which generally employ fewer than 250 persons, are the backbone of most economies worldwide.
- International Trade Center, United Nations will launch its flagship report: “The SME Competitiveness Outlook 2019: Big money for small businesses”.