Daily Current Affairs 28 October 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
29th BASIC Ministerial Meet on Climate Change held in China
The 29th BASIC (Brazil, South Africa, India, and China) Ministers’ Meeting on Climate Change was held in Beijing, China. Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, and I&B Prakash Javadekar represented India in the Ministers’ meeting.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
UPI crosses 1 billion transactions mark in October
Ahead of making Unified Payments Interface (UPI), a global product, the NPCI-owned digital payments railroad has achieved a new milestone – one billion transactions in October.
- It took almost three years to cross 1 billion transaction mark. Moreover, UPI has been able to rope in 100 million customers in the same period.
- In September, UPI had registered 955 million transactions amounting to Rs 1,61,456.56 crore, according to data revealed by NPCI.
Kolkata, Bengaluru to be included in World Bank’s doing business report
The World Bank will now include Kolkata and Bengaluru, besides Delhi and Mumbai, for preparing ease of doing business report to provide a holistic picture of business environment of the country.
- The report ranks 190 nations based on ten parameters, which includes ease of starting a business, construction permits, getting electricity, getting credit, paying taxes, trade across borders, enforcing contracts and resolving insolvency.
Satwik And Chirag Finish Men’s Doubles Runners-Up in French Open 2019
Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty finished runners-up after losing a one-sided final to World No. 1 pairing of Kevin Sukamuljo and Marcus Fernaldi of Indonesia in Pairs.
Lewis Hamilton wins Mexico Grand Prix 2019
Lewis Hamilton won the Mexican Grand Prix with a superbly controlled drive in a tactical fight with Ferrari to move to the brink of the world title.
- Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel was second, ahead of Bottas and Charles Leclerc.
Vijayendra apppointed as CMD National Small Industries Corporation Ltd.
Shri Vijayendra IAS presently Joint Secretary, Department of Defence Production , has been appointed as Chairman & Managing Director, National Small Industries Corporation Ltd (NSIC) in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary under Central Staffing Scheme.
Oppn candidate Alberto Fernandez wins Argentina presidential polls
Argentina has elected Alberto Fernandez its new president in the hope of a reprieve from the country’s crushing economic crisis. He will succeed President Mauricio Macri.
Mozambiques’s Nyusi wins second term as president in disputed poll
Incumbent President Filipe Nyusi was declared the landslide winner in Mozambique‘s election, despite claims of widespread cheating.
Belgium gets first woman prime minister
Belgium‘s King Philippe named Sophie Wilmes interim prime minister, making her the first woman to head the government.
- The liberal francophone politician replaces caretaker Prime Minister Charles Michel, who will take over as European Council president in December.
Veteran Journalist C Raghavachari passes away
Eminent journalist C Raghavachari has passed away following prolonged illness. He was 80. Raghavachari was editor of ”Visalaandhra” Telugu daily for over 30 years from 1972.