Daily Current Affairs 28 September 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Bathukamma, floral festival begins across Telangana
In Telangana, Bathukamma, the state floral festival has begun with women in large numbers participating in the festivities across the state.
- The main celebrations will be held on 3rd next month which will be celebrated as Saddula Bathukamma.
- During the nine-day annual festival, women and girls sing and dance around specially arranged flowers. At the end of the festival, the floral arrangements will be immersed in local ponds.
Operation Megha Chakra: CBI raids against Child Sexual Abuse
The CBI carried out searches at 56 locations in 19 states and a Union Territory in connection with two cases of circulation of Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) online as part of Operation ‘Megha Chakra’, officials said.
- The searches were based on inputs from Interpol Singapore and intelligence obtained during last year’s Operation Carbon, conducted against peddlers of CSAM on the Internet using cloud storage, they said.
- The operation is targeted at cloud storage facilities used by the peddlers to circulate audio-visuals of illicit sexual activities with minors, thus earning the code ‘Megha Chakra’.
Union Minister G. Kishan Reddy launches Virtual Conference ‘SymphoNE’ to boost Tourism Sector in North East India
Union Minister G Kishan Reddy launches Virtual Conference ‘SymphoNE’ to boost Tourism Sector in North East India.
- The Virtual Conference ‘SymphoNE’ being organized on 24th and 27th September 2022 by Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region on the occasion of World Tourism Day.
- This two day conference will aim to create a roadmap to showcase the unexplored beauty of North East India & boost the tourism Sector in North Eastern Region. It would ideate, discuss & formulate the ideas & suggestions by Thought Leaders, Policy Thinkers, Social Media Influencers, Travel and Tour Operators And the Senior Officials of Ministry of DoNER and State Departments.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Air India signs agreement with Willis Lease Finance Corp for engines on its Airbus fleet
Air India announced that it has signed a definitive sale and lease back agreement with Nasdaq-listed Willis Lease Finance Corporation for 34 CFM56-5B engines installed on its Airbus A320 family fleet.
- According to the company statement, the engines will be covered under Willis Lease’s ConstantThrust, which will deliver significant reliability and cost savings over a traditional MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operations) shop visit programme.
- Under the sale side of the transaction, Willis Lease will purchase 34 engines from Air India, powering 13 Airbus A321 aircraft and four Airbus A320 aircraft. Through the programme, Willis Lease will provide replacement and standby spare engines, allowing the airline to avoid potentially costly and unpredictable shop visits on engines powering a transitioning aircraft fleet.
Eliud Kipchoge breaks the world record at the 2022 Berlin marathon
Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge enhanced his reputation as arguably the greatest marathon runner when be broke his own world record by 30 seconds at the Berlin Marathon.
- The 37-year-old Kenyan’s 2:01:09 was a major upgrade on his 2:01:39 also set in Berlin four years ago. For the first 24 kilometres, Kipchoge had the assistance of Noah Kipkemboi and Moses Koech who ran as his pacers.
- The Berlin marathon course is considered the fastest in the world because of the flat smooth roads. Kipchoge’s record was the 12th time a marathon world record has been set in Berlin. Of these three have been by women.
West Zone beats South Zone to win Duleep Trophy 2022
The West zone has defeated the South zone by 294 runs to win their 19th title in the final day of the 2022 Duleep Trophy at the SNR College Cricket Ground, Coimbatore.
- The 2022 Duleep trophy was the 59th season of the Duleep Trophy. Sarfaraz Khan scored the most runs with 127 runs for 178 balls and Jaydev Unadkat of the West zone became the player of the series.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal of the West zone scored 265 runs in the second innings which helped the west zone to hit a win while Kerala Opener Rohan Kunnummal scored 93 runs in the South zone’s second innings.
Vinayak Godse to take over as new CEO of Data Security Council of India
Premier industry body Data Security Council of India (DSCI) established by NASSCOM promoted its senior vice president Vinayak Godse and appointed him as the new CEO on September 7.
- Godse will be taking over from Rama Vedashree who led DSCI for more than six years.
- Vedashree was also part of the Justice BN Srikrishna committee which was appointed to recommend a framework for the Personal Data Protection Bill in the country.
Veteran Actress Asha Parekh to be bestowed with Dadasaheb Phalke Award
Union I&B Minister Anurag Thakur announced that the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2020 will be accorded to legendary actress Asha Parekh at the National Film Award ceremony in New Delhi.The ceremony is scheduled to be held on September 30.
- Asha Parekh is a renowned film actress, director and producer. She is also an accomplished Indian classical dancer. She was excellent at dancing and often performed at stage shows. It was also at a dance stage, that film director Bimal Roy saw her dance and decided to cast her at the tender age of ten in ‘Maa’ (1957), through which she started her career as a child actor.
Indian-origin UK minister Suella Braverman wins first Queen Elizabeth II award
The Queen Elizabeth II Woman of the Year award’s first recipient is British Home Secretary Suella Braverman. The 42-year-old Indian-origin minister’s parents received the award on her behalf during an event in London.
- The awards, now in their 20th year, recognise the achievements of individuals from across Britain’s South Asian community via public nominations.
Other Indian-origin winners across the different categories include:
Broadcaster Naga Munchetty in the media category, chairman and CEO of celebrated visual effects firm DNEG Namit Malhotra in the Arts and Culture category
- Captain Harpreet Chandi in the Uniformed and Civil Service category for her solo expedition across the Antarctic to the South Pole earlier this year.
- Professor Sir Shankar Balasubramanian was named Professional of Year for his pioneering DNA sequencing discovery.
- Karenjeet Kaur Bains won Sports Personality of the Year as the first female Sikh powerlifter to represent Britain on the global stage.
- Sherry Vaswani, CEO of IT services firm Xalient, won Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Restaurateur brothers Shamil and Kavi Thakrar were named Business Persons of the Year as the founders of the successful Dishoom chain of restaurants.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award went to Kartar Lalvani, the founder of the UK’s well-known health supplements brand Vitabiotics.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Indian Railways installs ISRO’s RTIS system for real-time train tracking
Indian Railways is installing a Real-Time Train Information System (RTIS), developed in collaboration with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), on locomotives “for automatic acquisition of train movement timing at the stations, including that of arrival and departure or run-through”, the Ministry of Railways said.
- Real Time Train Information System (RTIS), developed in collaboration with ISRO, is being installed on the locomotives for automatic acquisition of train movement timing at the stations, including that of arrival & departure or run-through.
- They get automatically plotted on the control chart of those trains in the Control Office Application (COA) system,” the ministry said.