Daily Current Affairs 28 March 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Visakhapatnam gets the ‘World’s First Mobile Water from Air Kiosk and Water Knowledge Centre’
Hyderabad-based startup, Maithri Aquatech said it has set up the world’s first mobile water-from-air kiosk and ‘Water Knowledge Centre’ in the smart city of Visakhapatnam.
- This initiative is supported by Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation (GVMC) and project SEWAH (Sustainable Enterprises for Water and Health) – an alliance between USAID and SWN (Safe Water Network).
- The kiosk will provide clean potable water from the air by making use of Maithri Aquatech’s Meghdoot solution as a source to generate water with no dependency on groundwater as well as surface water resources.
Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launches ‘Tribal TB Initiative’ in pursuit of TB Mukt Bharat
Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launched ‘Tribal TB Initiative’ in pursuit of TB Mukt Bharat.
- Speaking on the occasion, he said that government accords top priority to ensuring Universal Access to free treatment and care for TB across the country.
- The Minister said, over ten crore tribal population is living with a huge diversity in their population dynamics.
Chhatrasal Convention Centre developed under Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Ministry of Tourism inaugurated at Khajuraho
Union Minister of State for Tourism and Culture (Independent Charge) Prahlad Singh Patel and Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the ‘Chhatrasal Convention Centre at Khajuraho.
- The Chatrapal convention center has been developed under Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Ministry of Tourism and will help in establishing Khajuraho as an iconic destination.
Bangladesh celebrates 50 years of independence
Bangladesh celebrates 50 years of its Independence and National Day on 26 March, coinciding with the grand celebration of the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- It was 50 years ago on the night of 25 March, 1971, that Pakistan’s military launched a violent crackdown on the city of Dhaka, then part of East Pakistan, to quell a rising nationalist movement seeking independence for what is today known as Bangladesh.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Pakistan test-fires Nuclear-capable Shaheen-1A Ballistic Missile
Pakistan successfully test-fired a nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile with a range of 900 kilometres.
- The test of Shaheen-1A surface to surface ballistic missile, was aimed at re-validating various design and technical parameters of the weapon system including advanced navigation system, the media wing of the Pakistani army – the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
- Shaheen 1-A with its sophisticated and advanced guidance system is a highly accurate missile system.
Cochin Shipyard Ltd. delivers MV ‘Sindhu’, passengers cum Cargo Vessel for Andaman & Nicobar
Cochin Shipyard Ltd. delivered MV ‘Sindhu’ A 500 pax passengers cum 150 MT Cargo Vessel built indigenously for Andaman and Nicobar.
- The world class ship will proven to be boon in Shipping Service of the far flung islands.
Noted journalist and author Anil Dharker passes away at 74
Noted journalist and author Anil Dharker passed away in Mumbai. He was 74.
- Dharker had been the editor of a variety of publications, starting with ‘Debonair’, ‘Mid-Day’; ‘The Independent’ and ‘The Illustrated Weekly of India’. He was a columnist for The Indian Express newspaper and has authored ‘The Romance Of Salt’, a book on Mahatma Gandhi’s Dandi March.
- Dharker had also worked as a TV show producer and anchor. He was also a member of the Advisory Boards of the Indian Council for Relations and the Children’s Film Society of India.
Noted Odissi dancer Laxmipriya Mohapatra passes away
Noted Odissi dancer Laxmipriya Mohapatra, the wife of legendary classical dancer Kelucharan Mohapatra, has died due to old age-related ailments. She was 86.
- She started her dancing career at the Annapurna Theatre in Puri in 1947. She has also acted in four Odia movies. Though he was an expert in Odissi and Gotipua dance forms, Kelucharan was then performing as a tabla player in the theatre.
Earth Hour 2021
Earth Hour, an initiate of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), is observed annually on the last Saturday of the month of March. This year, the event will be commemorated on March 27.
- Earth Hour promotes awareness about environmental issues on a public platform.
World Theatre Day
World Theatre Day is celebrated annually on March 27th by ITI centers and the international theatre community.
- World Theatre Day raises the importance of theatre arts, how they played an important role in the field of entertainment, and the changes that theatre brings in life.