Daily Current Affairs 29 December 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
UP govt launches E-Sushrut Hospital Management Info System in medical colleges
The Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Brijesh Pathak and Minister of State for Medical Education Mayankeshwar Sharan Singh inaugurated the ‘E-Sushrut’ Hospital Management Information System on 26 December 2022.
- In the first phase the ‘E-Sushrut’ hospital management information system in medical colleges has been started in 22 medical colleges of the state.
- The software will help in the patient registration, admission, discharge, ambulance, food, medicines, and make available the details of doctors online. Through this system the availability of doctors in the hospital can also be easily ascertained and patients will be able to pay the fee through online and net banking.
Uttarakhand CM launches SBI Foundation and HESCO’s Project Helping Chamoli’s Villages Fight Climate Change
SBI Foundation has designed a project in collaboration with Himalayan Environment Studies and Conservation (HESCO) that aims to promote equitable economic and ecological development in 10 disaster-prone villages in Joshimath Block of Chamoli District.
- Uttarakhand has been experiencing climate change impacts including seasonal changes, less snowfall, flash floods, and unpredictable rainfall. About 70% of the population in mountain districts is dependent on agriculture for subsistence and faces issues due to small and fragmented land holdings. People there rely on traditional crop varieties, lack market and technology linkage, and are prone to crop depredation by wild animals.
World-class Kayaking-Canoeing Academy to be set up in Tehri, Uttarakhand
Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy RK Singh said, a world-class Kayaking-Canoeing Academy is to be set up at Tehri in Uttarakhand.
- Speaking at the inauguration of the National Championship “Tehri Water Sports Cup” at Tehri Lake, he exclaimed, the promotion of sports is the priority of the Union Government.
- In this academy, the youth of Uttarakhand will be prepared to play at the national and international level by providing all the facilities along with free training.
Bangladesh: PM Sheikh Hasina inaugurates first Metro rail in Dhaka
The first metro rail in Bangladesh was inaugurated in Dhaka by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. The train was flagged off in Dhaka for its first journey between Diabari and Agargaon station. This is part of the ambitious Bangladesh project of Mass Rapid Transit to be completed by 2030.
- Bangladesh entered another glorious era in its developmental journey with the inauguration of the metro rail in Dhaka. The approximately 12-kilometre-long metro route which was opened will connect Diabari to Agargaon station in Dhaka.
- Ten pairs of trains with 6 six coaches each will run on this route initially for 4 hours carrying about 5 lakh passengers daily.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India will become third largest economy by 2035 : CEBR
The Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR), a British consultancy, has said India will become third largest economy by 2035 from the current fifth spot.
- In its annual World Economic League Table, the Centre for Economics and Business Research said that over the next five years, India’s annual rate of GDP growth is expected to average 6.4 percent after which growth is expected to average 6.5 percent in the subsequent nine years.
- CEBR also adds that by 2037, world gross domestic product will be doubled as developing economies will catch up with the richer ones. The shifting balance of power will see the East Asia and Pacific region account for over a third of global output by 2037, while Europe’s share shrinks to less than a fifth.
South African veteran Farhaan Behardien announces retirement
South African batter Farhaan Behardien announced his retirement from all forms of cricket,. This brings an end to his18-year-old career at the professional level.
- Farhaan Behardien has played 59 ODI and 38 T20I throughout his cricketing career. He last played a t20 match in November 2018 against Australia. He was participating actively in the South African domestic leagues as he played for Boland.
Union Minister Anurag Thakur felicitates sports personalities for year 2020 by Madhya Pradesh Shikhar Khel Alankaran ceremony in Bhopal
Union Minister for Sports and Youth Affairs Anurag Thakur felicitated sports personalities for the year 2020 by the Madhya Pradesh Shikhar Khel Alankaran ceremony in Bhopal.
- The logo of the Khelo India Youth Games-2022 to be held in Madhya Pradesh was also unveiled by Mr Thakur and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on the occasion.
- He also said that players who win medals in the Khelo India Games will be provided an amount of 5,00,000 rupees every year for training.The international-level stadium is being built at Barkheda Nathu near Bhopal.
IIT Madras wins Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) has won key recognition in Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards, referred to as ‘the Oscars of Education’.
- The BS in Data Science and Applications won Silver in the ‘Best Online Program’ category, while NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning), a joint initiative of IITs and IISc, won the Gold in the ‘Lifelong Learning category.’
- The Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards recognize and celebrate outstanding achievements of educators, institutions and organizations that drive innovation and excellence in education. The award categories are designed to reflect the diversity and breadth of education sector.
ADB ranks WAPCOS amongst Top Consulting Services Firm in Water and other Infrastructure Sectors
The Asian Development Bank(ADB) in its annual Procurement report 2022 has ranked the Government of India owned Water and Power Consultancy Services India Limited (WAPCOS) Company as the top Consulting Services Firm in Water and other Infrastructure Sectors.
- In another report on its Members’ Fact Sheet – 2022 released by the ADB, WAPCOS figured amongst the top 3 Consultants from India involved in Consulting Services Contracts under ADB Loan, Grant and Technical Assistance Projects in Energy, Transport and Water & other Urban Infrastructure Sectors. WAPCOS is the only Indian Public Sector to feature in the above categories.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Department of Posts launches Online request Transfer Portal for Gramin Dak Sevaks
The Department of Posts has launched an Online request Transfer Portal for Gramin Dak Sevaks. The entire transfer process, from the stage of seeking applications, approval, and issuing transfer orders, has now been made paperless and simple through this portal.
- The Department of Posts has the largest network of Post Offices in the world consisting of more than over one lakh 56 thousand Post Offices across India. The launch of the online request transfer portal is a huge step in bringing transparency and accountability to the governance processes by leveraging technology.
- The online process will also result in saving time and resources. The transfer of more than five thousand Gramin Dak Sevaks has been approved through the online portal.