Daily Current Affairs 29 May 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
India launches GRSE-built survey vessel Nirdeshak
India has launched the second of four Survey Vessels (Large) (SVL) Nirdeshak (Yard 3026) at Kattupalli, Chennai. The ship was built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE) and L&T Shipbuilding for the Indian Navy.
- During the ceremony, Nirdeshak made first contact with the waters of Bay of Bengal.
India Plans 10 Hydro Plants To Utilize Water Treaty With Pak
India is working on building 10 hydropower projects totalling 6.8 gigawatts (GW) in Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh to fully utilize its share of waters under the 1960 Indus Waters Treaty with Pakistan.
- The projects being undertaken at an investment of ₹68,000 crore by state-run NHPC Ltd are part of India’s plan to exercise its rights to stop excess water from flowing into Pakistan.
BANKING & FINANCE
AU Small Finance Bank introduces new services for the affluent segment
AU Small Finance Bank has launched two new products under its affluent banking programme, AU Royale – ‘AU Royale Salary’ and ‘AU Royale Business’ current account.
- According to the bank, it had launched the Royale programme designed to cater to the everyday banking requirements of the affluent segment. While the bank has been already offering customized premium products for HNIs and NRIs, now it has launched niche products, ‘AU Royale Salary’ and ‘AU Royale Business’, specially curated for the salaried and business class respectively.
Northern Arc Capital enters a strategic partnership with Indian Bank
Northern Arc, one of India’s diversified financial services platforms, announced that it has entered a strategic partnership with Indian Bank.
- The partnership will help both institutions leverage synergies and offer customer-centric financial solutions to retail borrowers. The customers will be served through a completely online and seamless journey, helping them experience high-quality service.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Tata Capital unveils ‘loan against shares’ facility
Tata Capital Ltd has launched a ‘Loan Against Shares’ facility by which customers can avail of loans upto Rs 5 crores by pledging their Demat shares online.
- The loan amount would be based on the value of shares in the portfolio of the customer and the disbursal process would be completed in a single day after getting the required approvals, the financial services arm of the Tata Group said.
Indian Boxer Sabari Jaishankar Wins WBC Australasia Pro Title
Indian pro boxer Sabari Jaishankar beat Australian champion Michael Pengue to lift the World Boxing Council’s Australasia Title in the Welterweight division in Sydney.