Daily Current Affairs 29 November 2017 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Eastern Railways presses first Swarna Rajdhani rake
The Eastern Railways has pressed India’s first Swarna Rajdhani rake. Indian Railways decided to upgrade Premium Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains under Project ‘Swarna’.
- The first rake of Sealdah – New Delhi Rajdhani with improved features has been pressed into service on November 28, 2017. Expenditure of about Rs. 35 lakhs has gone into this rake, which translates into less than Rs.2 lakh per coach.
Manohar Parrikar launches farmer engagement app ‘Jai Kisaan’
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar launched the Jai Kisaan App, a farmer engagement app packed with features and functions to fulfill the needs of the farmers community in India.
- The Jai Kisan app is a one-stop solution on agricultural information and cultivation, covering crop nutrition, protection, seeds, and diagnostic services.
World’s First 3D Sanskrit Film Anurakthi Screened at 2017 IFFI Goa
World’s first Sanskrit 3D film ‘Anurakthi’ was among the main attraction in 3D category at the International Film Festival of India in Panaji in Goa.
- The motto of making the film is to make the Sanskrit language relevant even for today. The movie directed by Asokan PK revolves around the traditional art form of Kerala, Koodiyattam.
World’s first AI politician developed
Scientists have developed the world’s first artificial intelligence politician that can answer a person’s queries regarding local issues such as policies around housing, education and immigration.
- The virtual politician, called SAM, was created by Nick Gerritsen, a 49-year-old entrepreneur in New Zealand.
- The AI politician is constantly learning to respond to people through Facebook Messenger as well as a survey on its homepage.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI asks cooperative societies not to use word ‘Bank’ in names
It has come to the notice of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that some co-operative Societies are using the word “Bank” in their names. So, the RBI has asked co-operative societies not use the word ‘Bank’ in their names as it violates the Section 7 of Banking Regulation Act.
Karnataka Bank ties up with BCG for transformation initiatives
Karnataka Bank Ltd has partnered with the Boston Consulting Group (India) Pvt Ltd for its transformation initiatives. The transformation project — ‘KBL Vikaas’ — was launched in Mangaluru.
Indian men’s and women’s teams win 2017 Asian Kabaddi Championships
The Indian men’s and women’s kabaddi teams were both crowned the champions of Asia after beating Pakistan and South Korea respectively in Gorgan, Iran.
France beat Belgium 3-2 to claim 10th Davis Cup
France have won their 10th Davis Cup title after a 3-2 victory in the final against Belgium. The Davis Cup is the premier international team event in men’s tennis.
Competition Commission imposes Rs. 52.24 cr penalty on BCCI
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) imposed fine of Rs 52.24 crore on the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for anti-competitive conduct in the IPL Media Rights agreement.
Snehlata Shrivastava appointed first woman Secretary General of Lok Sabha
Snehlata Shrivastava has been appointed as the new Secretary General of the Lok Sabha. She will be the first woman secretary general of the Lok Sabha and will assume charge on 1 December. Her tenure will end on 30 November, 2018.
- She will succeed Anup Mishra who resigned from his post.
French film on AIDS wins Best Film Award at IFFI 2017
Robin Campillo’s French film ‘120 Beats Per Minute’, which deals with the subject of AIDS, won the Golden Peacock Award for best film at the 48th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) held in Goa.