Daily Current Affairs 3 & 4 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NITI Aayog And World Food Program Releases Report – Take Home Ration: Good Practices Across The State/Union Territories
NITI Aayog and World Food Program launched a report titled ‘Take Home Ration-Good Practices across the State/Union Territories’. The report was released by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Suman K. Bery in the presence of Member (Health) Dr. V.K. Paul and CEO Amitabh Kant.
- The report presents a set of good and innovative practices adopted in the implementation of the Take Home Ration value chain by the States and UTs. Government of India provides Take Home Ration under the Supplementary Nutrition component of the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) to fill the gap in nutrition among children as well as pregnant and lactating women (PLW).
Himachal CM launches ‘Naari Ko Naman’ scheme; women to get 50 pc concession on bus fare
Henceforth, the Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) will charge women travellers only half the fare for their travel within the state.
- Launching the ‘Naari Ko Naman’ scheme at the Government College Auditorium in Daramshala, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur also issued concessional tickets to women.
ReNew partners with UNEP, SEWA to train 1,000 women salt-pan workers
Green energy firm ReNew Power has partnered with United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and Self-Employed Women’s Association of India (SEWA) to train 1,000 low-income women salt-pan workers to work in the renewable industry.
- Under ‘Project Surya’ initiative, women salt-pan workers, who work in the challenging and extreme temperatures at Rann of Kutch marshes, will be trained as solar panel and solar-pump technicians at Dhokavada village in the Patan district of Gujarat.
London ranked best city for students, Mumbai tops in India
In the QS Best Student Cities Ranking 2023, London has emerged as the best city for students looking to study abroad in terms of affordability, student facilities, and university standard among other factors. Seoul and Munich are at second place followed by Zurich and Melbourne at fourth and fifth positions, respectively.
- India’s highest-ranked student city is Mumbai at 103 spot which scored for affordability but struggles with student mix and desirability. It is followed by Bengaluru at 114 ranks. Chennai and Delhi have made their entries to the list this year at 125 and 129, respectively.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI revises norms on banknote authentication, sorting
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued guidelines directing banks to test their banknote sorting machines on a quarterly basis. The central bank revised the existing guidelines for authentication and sorting following introduction of the new series banknotes.
- Currently, the RBI issues banknotes in denominations of Rs 2, Rs 5, Rs 10, Rs 20, Rs 50, Rs 100, Rs 200, Rs 500 and Rs 2000, according to information in its annual report for 2021-22. In value terms, the share of Rs 500 and Rs 2000 banknotes together accounted for 87.1% of banknotes in circulation. In volume terms, Rs 500 denomination constituted the highest share at 34.9% of the total banknotes in circulation as on March 31.
Ketanji Brown Jackson sworn in as first Black woman on US Supreme Court
Ketanji Brown Jackson made history when she was sworn in as the first Black woman to serve on the US Supreme Court.
- Her appointment marks a major milestone for the top court and the Biden administration.
PokerBaazi signs Shahid Kapoor as brand ambassador
PokerBaazi.com, a poker platform, has onboarded actor Shahid Kapoor as its brand ambassador. The company said this association with the actor comes in line with its commitment to popularise and create awareness amongst the masses about poker.
FanCode onboards Ravi Shastri as brand ambassador
Former team India coach and cricketer Ravi Shastri has been appointed the new brand ambassador for FanCode, a live content, sports statistics and e-commerce marketplace.
Yair Lapid takes over as Israel’s 14th prime minister
Yair Lapid has been officially became the 14th prime minister of Israel, replacing the Naftali Benett. He is a former journalist who serving as PM of Israel since 1 July 2022.
- Yair Lapid’s term could be the short one as he take over the caretaker government ahead of Israel’s election which was scheduled to take place on November 1.
Sini Shetty, the 21-year-old crowned Femina Miss India World 2022
Karnataka-based Sini Shetty has become the Femina Miss India World 2022 winner at the grand finale of VLCC Femina Miss India at JIO World Convention Center in Mumbai.
- Rubal Shekhawat of Rajasthan emerged as Femina Miss India 2022 first runner-up, and Uttar Pradesh’s Shinata Chauhan was named Femina Miss India 2022 second runner-up.
Ray-Ban’s billionaire owner Leonardo Del Vecchio passes away at 87
Leonardo Del Vecchio, the Italian entrepreneur who started with a tiny optics workshop in the Dolomite mountains and ended up as the undisputed world leader in eyewear, has passed away. He was 87.