Daily Current Affairs 3 February 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Government of Goa launches Vision for All School Eye Health Program
The Government of Goa has launched the Vision for All School Eye Health program in partnership with OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation and Prasad Netralaya. The program is an extension of the current Vision for All Goa eye health program.
- The Vision for All Goa eye health program commenced in February 2021 and its monthly camps have screened 50,000 citizens and provided free spectacles to 16,000 people in need.
- The Vision for All School Eye Health will focus on training 2000 teachers on basic visual acuity tests for the children in their respective schools, followed by detailed refraction by qualified professionals from Prasad Netralaya.
India’s 1st hydrogen train will come by Dec 2023 on heritage routes: Railway minister Ashwini Vaishnaw
Union Railway minister Ashwini Vaishnaw has said that the most-awaited hydrogen train will be manufactured by 2023. First, it will run on heritage circuits like Kalka-Shimla and later it will be expanded to other places.
- These hydrogen trains will include the modified version of steam engines, that will be back on tracks, equipped with vintage sirens and green steam vapours.
- The new trains will run on the routes of Kalka-Shimla Railways, Nilgiri Mountain Railways, Darjeeling Hills, Kangra Railways, Bilimora Waghai, Mhow-Patalpani, Marwar-devgarh-Madriya and Matheran Hill Railways in Maharashtra.
96th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan begins in Wardha district of Maharashtra
The 96th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan, the prestigious literary summit began in Wardha district of Maharashtra.
- The Sammelan was inaugurated in the presence of Chief Minister Eknath Shinde, School Education and Marathi language minister Deepak Kesarkar and other dignitaries in Sahitya Nagari in Wardha.
- Meanwhile, a Grantha Dindi which carries very famous and historic books in a palanquin to create the atmosphere of the literary summit was organised in the morning and many citizens and students participated in the Dindi with a lot of enthusiasm.
UNESCO designates Ukraine’s Odesa a World Heritage Site in Danger
The United Nations cultural organization, UNESCO, designated the historic center of Odesa as a World Heritage Site and categorized it as being “in danger” during a committee meeting in Paris.
- It is in recognition of the historical significance of a Black Sea port that Russia has pounded with missiles as it seeks to retake Ukraine.
- Odesa has been dubbed “the intercultural capital of Ukraine” by the city’s mayor, Gennadiy Trukhanov, making it a representation of Ukrainian identity.
Brazil becomes full-member of International Solar Alliance
India handed over the Instrument of Ratification to Brazil as it became a full member of the International Solar Alliance.
- Brazil has become a full member of the International Solar Alliance, an action-oriented, collaborative platform for enhanced solar energy technology deployment in member nations to ensure energy security and drive the energy transition
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Cooperation ministry signs MoU to enable primary agricultural credit societies
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed to enable Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) and provide services offered by Common Service Centres, CSCs.
- The MoU was signed between the Ministry of Cooperation, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, NABARD and CSC e-Governance Services India Limited in New Delhi.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Adani Group acquires strategic Haifa Port in Israel for $1.2 Billion
The Adani Group completed the purchase of the Israeli port of Haifa for USD 1.2 billion, vowing to transform the skyline of this Mediterranean city as part of its decision to invest more in Israel, including the establishment of an artificial intelligence lab in Tel Aviv.
- Adani Group chairman Gautam Adani, whose business empire was rocked by allegations of fraud by US short seller Hindenburg Research, appeared alongside Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for signing of the deal to takeover Haifa Port, and spoke of investment opportunities.
Madhvendra Singh appointed as first CEO of Gujarat Maritime Cluster
Madhvendra Singh has been appointed as the first Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Gujarat Maritime Cluster by Gujarat Ports Infrastructure Company Limited. GMC was envisioned as a dedicated ecosystem of ports, ocean shipping and logistics service providers.
- The Gujarat Maritime Cluster will host an array of maritime, shipping industry companies and service providers along with relevant government regulatory agencies at GIFT City in Gandhinagar.
PM Modi emerges as world’s most popular leader, with approval rating of 78%
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as the world’s most popular leader with an approval rating of 78 per cent. This was revealed in a Global Leader Approval Ratings released by a US based consulting firm Morning Consult.
- Prime Minister Modi has left behind world leaders in terms of popularity as per the latest rating. These leaders include US President Joe Biden, French President Emmanuel Macron and UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.
Odisha CM’s secretary VK Pandian conferred with FIH President award
In the Finals of FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023 Bhubaneswar-Rourkela, FIH President Tayyab Ikram presented the FIH President’s Award to VK Pandian, Secretary to the Chief Minister of Odisha, for his commendable contribution to hockey.
- The FIH President highlighted the crucial role played by CM Naveen Patnaik along with VK Pandian in hosting a glorious Hockey World Cup.
9 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 3rd February , 2023”