Daily Current Affairs 3 July 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Cabinet approves MoU signed between India and Maldives for ferry services
The Union Cabinet gave ex-post facto approval for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Maldives for the establishment of passenger and cargo services by sea.
C’garh: CM Bhupesh Baghel inaugurates ‘Jan Choupal’ programme in Raipur
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated ‘Jan Choupal’ programme in Raipur. Under this programme, public meetings will be held once every week to discuss the issues of the people.
Indian Coast Guard recruitment centre inaugurated in Uttarakhand
The Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated an Indian Coast Guard recruitment centre in Kuanvala.
- The Government of India allotted Rs 17 crore for land acquisition for this centre and Rs 25 crore for building construction. The entire cost of this centre will be borne by the Centre.
- This centre will be ready in one and a half years. This centre is being built for four states – Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana.
UK launches green finance strategy to tackle climate change
The UK has unveiled a green finance strategy, setting out plans to increase investment in sustainable projects and infrastructure.
- The strategy will ensure that financial risks and opportunities from climate change are integrated into mainstream financial decision-making and increase the availability of finance to make the most of this economic opportunity, one which brings together Britain’s low carbon and environmental expertise and the financial services sector.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Current account deficit narrows to $4.6 billion in Q4 FY19: RBI
India’s current account deficit (CAD) totalled 4.6 billion dollars or 0.7 per cent of the GDP in the fourth quarter (January to March) of 2018-19, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said.
- It narrowed from 13 billion dollars or 1.8 per cent of the GDP in Q4 of 2017-18 and 17.7 billion dollars or 2.7 per cent of the GDP in the preceding quarter.
Odisha’s GDP marks 8.4 pc growth in 2018-19: Economic Survey
Odisha’s gross state domestic product (GSDP) grew by 8.4 per cent during 2018-19 compared to 7.4 per cent in previous financial year, highlighting that it has grown at a faster rate than states like Haryana, Punjab, Kerala, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Jharkhand.
Jio announces ‘Digital Udaan’ program for first-time internet users
Jio and Facebook have joined hands to announce ‘Digital Udaan’ – a digital literacy program in India which is aimed at first-time internet users.
- As part of the initiative, Jio will engage its users every Saturday to help them learn about the JioPhone features, use of apps, internet safety, and more using audio-visual training in 10 regional languages.
- Digital Udaan is being launched in 200 different locations across 13 states. It is expected to reach more than 7,000 locations.
Airtel Payments Bank ties up with Bharti AXA Life Insurance to offer term insurance
Airtel Payments Bank has partnered with Bharti AXA Life Insurance to offer the Bharti AXA Life POS Saral Jeevan Bima Yojana through banking points across India.
- The Bharti AXA Life POS Saral Jeevan Bima Yojana provides a pure term insurance cover of up to Rs 5 lakh. It is targeted at the underinsured and uninsured sectors in India.
Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from international cricket
Ambati Rayudu, the Indian middle-order batsman announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. Rayudu was snubbed from the World Cup squad and in place of him, all-rounder Vijay Shankar was given a chance in the team.
Nonagenarian industrialist BK Birla passes away
Basant Kumar Birla, Chairman of the B K Birla Group of companies, passed away at the age of 98. He was also the Chairman of B K Birla Institute of Engineering and Technology, Krishnarpan Charity Trust and about 25 other educational trusts and institutes.