Daily Current Affairs 3 November 2017 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Cabinet approves three-year extension for agricultural scheme
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by PM Modi approved extension of the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) as RKVY-RAFTAAR for fiscals 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- The Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana – Remunerative Approaches for Agriculture and Allied sector Rejuvenation (RKVY-RAFTAAR) will incentivise states in increasing allocations to agricultural and allied sectors to boost farm output.
- The financial allocation of the scheme will be Rs 15,722 crore, with an objective to make farming a remunerative activity through strengthening farmers’ efforts, risk mitigation and promoting agribusiness entrepreneurship.
PM Modi inaugurates World Food India 2017
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the World Food India 2017 event, at Vigyan Bhavan, in New Delhi. The three day-long event, organised by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, is set to host a congregation of global investors and business leaders of major food companies from November 3 to 5 in New Delhi.
- This is the first time that India is hosting such an event for the food processing sector.
- PM Modi launched “Nivesh Bandhu”, an Investor Facilitation Portal.
- Karnataka will be the focus State in the ‘World Food India 2017’ trade fair.
- In September 2017, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor was named brand ambassador for World Food India’s Food Street.
- Germany, Japan and Denmark are partner countries to World Food India, while Italy and the Netherlands are the focus countries.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana launched to promote philately-Manoj Sinha
A Pan India scholarship program for school children called Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana has been launched by the government to increase the reach of Philately.
- Under the scheme of SPARSH (Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby), it is proposed to award annual scholarships to children of Standard VI to IX having good academic record and also pursuing Philately as a hobby through a competitive selection process in all postal circles.
- Every Postal Circle will select a maximum of 40 scholarships representing 10 students each from Standard VI, VII, VIII & IX. The amount of Scholarship will be Rs. 6000/- per annum @ Rs. 500/- per month.
Aadhaar-mobile number linking must by February 6: Govt
The Centre has informed the Supreme Court that Aadhaar and mobile number must be linked by February 6, 2018. The Centre said it was the SC which had mandated Aadhaar-mobile number linking on February 6, giving a window of one year.
World’s highest motorable road ready in Ladakh
The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed the world’s highest motorable road in the cold desert of Ladakh, which has boosted the troop movement along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the eastern sector.
- China had objected to the road construction up to Demchok, a village located at Zero Line, in 2016. This had led to a standoff between the Indian and Chinese armies in the sector. However, the motorable road has been constructed and its black-topping has already begun.
Asia’s largest cattle fair begins in Bihar
Sonepur cattle fair, considered as Asia’s largest such, kicked-off in Bihar. The cattle fair is held annually, beginning on Kartik Poornima, at Sonepur in Saran district, about 30 km from Patna. It will continue for a month.
Two-day coastal security exercise in Goa from Nov 8
Coastal security exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’, in which several security and intelligence agencies are expected to participate, will be held off the Goa coast on November 8 and 9, 2017.
International Conference on “Ramayan Circuit and Mithila-Awadh Relations” begins at Janakpur
An international Conference on “Ramayan Circuit and Mithila-Awadh Relations” started at Janakpur in Nepal. Eminent experts from India and Nepal are participating in this 2 day event.
Kazakhstan to change its name by 2025
Kazakhstan is changing its name to Qazaqstan as part of a transition from Cyrillic to a Latin-based script. A national commission will be set up to oversee the transition, which will be completed by 2025.
Longest living dolphin in captivity dies at Japan aquarium
A female bottlenose dolphin named ‘Nana’, thought to be around 47 years old, has died at a Japanese aquarium only weeks after breaking a national record of more than four decades in captivity.
BANKING & FINANCE
India Post Payment Bank to become operational in 650 districts by April 2018
The government has announced that India Post Payments Bank will become operational in all 650 districts of the country by April next year. They will facilitate financial inclusion. These banks will be linked to 1.55 lakh rural post offices and carry out banking services.
- Two such banks are already operational in Ranchi and Raipur.
Yes Bank signs MoU with govt for Rs 1,000 cr financing
Private sector lender Yes Bank signed an agreement with the government to provide Rs 1,000 crore financing for food processing projects.
- Focus will be on projects across backend infrastructure, cold chain creation of new processing units, expansion of existing units, forward linkages and food processing clusters in various locations in India, amongst others.
Paytm unveils ‘Inbox’ messaging platform for Android
Popular mobile-based digital payment platform Paytm launched ‘Inbox’, a messaging service that will allow consumers to chat with friends and family, and send and request money at the same time.
ONGC gets government nod for acquiring HPCL
ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation) has received the Information Memorandum from the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management for acquiring majority stake in fellow public sector undertaking HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum).
India’s current account deficit to be 1.5% of GDP this fiscal: Nomur
According to the Japanese financial services major, Nomura’s report, India’s current account deficit (CAD) for this financial year is expected to be around $40 billion, or 1.5% of gross domestic product (GDP).
Nadal secures world No.1 until end of year
Spanish tennis ace Rafael Nadal secured a year-end top position in the ATP Rankings following his victory over South Korean talent Chung Hyeon in the second round of the Paris Masters. This is his fourth time to be crowned world No.1 at the end of the season, after 2008, 2010 and 2013.
Prakash Nanjappa wins gold at Commonwealth Shooting Championships
Indian shooters Prakash Nanjappa, Amanpreet Singh and Jitu Rai made a clean sweep in the 50m pistol event at the Commonwealth Shooting Championships in Gold Coast, Australia.
- Prakash won the coveted gold medal with a score of 222.4, while Amanpreet and Jitu settled for silver and bronze medals respectively.
US Senate Confirms Kenneth Juster As US Ambassador To India
The US Senate has confirmed by a voice vote the nomination of Kenneth Juster as the next US Ambassador to India. Juster, 62, is an old India hand who played a key role in the landmark Indo-US civil nuclear deal. He would replace Richard Verma as the top American diplomat to India.
Nasir Kamal appointed as Additional Director General, BSF
Nasir Kamal, IPS (UP:86), has been appointed as Additional Director General of the Border Security Force.
Krishna Sobti gets prestigious Jnanpith award 2017
Eminent Hindi Litterateur Krishna Sobti has been awarded the 53rd Jnanpith Award for the year 2017 for her path-breaking contribution to Indian literature. Jnanpith is the highest literary award of the country.
- The language used by Sobti in her writings is influenced by the intermingling of Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi cultures where her characters are always bold and daring – ready to accept all challenges thrown by the society.
Tata Power Solar bags Dun & Bradstreet award
Tata Power Solar has won ‘Dun & Bradstreet – Everest Infra Awards 2017’ under Infrastructure Project category for commissioning India’s largest solar project under Domestic Content Requirement for NTPC at Anantapur in Andhra Pradesh.
- Dun & Bradstreet – Everest Industries Ltd Infra Awards 2017, felicitates India’s leading infrastructure companies and projects across various categories.
Mukesh Ambani tops Forbes’ 2017 list of India’s 100 richest tycoons
With a net worth of $38 billion, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) chairman Mukesh Ambani has topped Forbes’ annual list of India’s 100 richest tycoons of 2017. He is followed by Wipro’s Azim Premji and Hinduja family.
Mohammad Ali Jinnah’s Daughter Dina Wadia passes away
Dina Wadia, daughter of Pakistan’s founder Mohammad Ali Jinnah, has passed away. She was 98.
Click here to read Current Affairs in English
Click here to read Current Affairs in Hindi
One Thought to “Daily Current Affairs 3rd November, 2017”
Thanks mam 🙂