Daily Current Affairs 3 October 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina arrives in India on 4-day visit
With an aim to further intensify bilateral relations between the two countries, Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived in the national capital on a four-day visit to India.
- She will also participate as the chief guest in the India Economic Summit being organised by the World Economic Forum (WEF) in New Delhi.
Amit Shah flagged off Vande-Bharat Express between New Delhi-Katra
Union Home Minister Amit Shah flagged off the inaugural run of Vande Bharat Express (Train 18) between New Delhi and Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra.
- He added that the project will serve as a medium for the development of the region by boosting religious tourism.
Railway will connect country from Kashmir to Kanyakumari before Aug, 2022: Piyush Goyal
Railways Minister Piyush Goyal said that Indian Railways will connect the country from Kashmir to Kanyakumari before August 15, 2022.
- The minister also outlined that WIFI facility is available at 5,000 railway stations and in the coming days around 6,500 stations will be connected with the facility.
PIO cards to continue as valid travel document till March 2020
Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cards along with valid foreign passport will be considered for exit/entry into India till 31st of March 2020.
- Earlier, all PIO card holders were advised to convert their cards to Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) cards by 30th of September this year.
U’khand CM launches awareness campaign to stop power theft
Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched an awareness campaign — Urjagiri — which aims at stopping power theft and saving.
- The Chief Minister emphasised on the need to speed up the process for wider awareness to avoid power loss in Uttarakhand.
China debuts DF-41 missile, capable of ‘targeting US in 30 minutes’
China unveiled the DF-41 intercontinental-range ballistic missile, touted to be the most powerful missile on the planet.
- DF-41 has a range of up to 9,320 miles (15,000 kilometres), more than any missile on Earth.
Madagascar issued postal stamp on Mahatma Gandhi
Madagascar issued a postal stamp bearing the image of Mahatma Gandhi to celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of India’s founding father.
- Madagascar, the largest island in the Indian Ocean, has a significant Indian diaspora from Porbandar in Gujarat where the Mahatma was born.
Mahatma Gandhi figures on postage stamp issued in France
A postage stamp bearing the image of Mahatma Gandhi was issued by Franch postal service company La Poste to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of the Mahatma.
- Similar postage stamps were issued in Uzbekistan, Turkey, Palestine and other countries around the globe on Gandhi Jayanti.
‘Gandhi March for Non-Violence’ organised in The Hague on Bapu’s 150th birth anniversary
Indian Embassy in the Netherlands organised a ‘Gandhi March for Non-Violence’ in The Hague to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of the Mahatma.
- The march, which was carried out from Gandhi statue at Hobbemaplein to the iconic Peace Palace, witnessed the participation of around 300 school children and 150 adults.
BANKING & FINANCE
Axis Bank launches Express FD
Private sector lender Axis Bank has announced the launch of a digital fixed-deposit product. Called ‘Express FD’, a customer can open an Express FD account in three minutes through the digital mode without opening a savings account with the bank.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
WTO lowers world trade growth forecast to 1.2% for 2019
The World Trade Organisation has lowered its growth projection for world merchandise trade for 2019 to 1.2 per cent against a 3 per cent growth achieved the previous year.
- The revised estimate is lower than the initial estimate of 2.6 per cent growth that was projected by the organisation in April this year.
Govt keeps PPF, NSC, other small savings schemes’ interest rates unchanged
The government has kept the post office small savings schemes unchanged for October to December quarter (third quarter of FY20).
The interest rates are as:
- Public Provident Fund (PPF) — 7.9%
- National Savings Certificate (NSC) — 7.9%
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSY) — 8.4%
- Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS) — 8.6%
Sebi eases norms to allow smart cities raise funds through ‘Muni Bonds’
Sebi has relaxed norms for ‘Muni Bonds’ issuance to help smart cities as well as entities working in areas of city planning and urban development work, including municipalities, raise funds through debt securities. The decision comes after the board of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) approved norms in this regard in August.
NBFC Paisalo Digital signs co-origination loan pact with Bank of Baroda
Non-banking finance company Paisalo Digital has signed a co-origination loan agreement with government-owned Bank of Baroda to empower farmers, MSME segment and small businesses.
- The company already has similar tie-ups with State Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra.
- Under the agreement with Bank of Baroda, both entities will jointly reach out to prospective customers and conduct due diligence for extending small-ticket size loans ranging between Rs 10,000 to 40,000 with a special focus on Uttar Pradesh.
NBA brings first-ever floating basketball court in India
The NBA brought to India the first-ever Floating Basketball Court in the Arabian Sea near Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai.
- The NBA India Games 2019 will feature the Sacramento Kings and Indiana Pacers, who will play two pre-season games on October 4 and 5 at the Dome, NSCI, SVP Stadium in Mumbai.
Ben Stokes wins PCA Player’s Player of Year award
England cricketer Ben Stokes bagged the Professional Cricketers’ Association Players’ Player of the Year award. Stokes won the award for his exceptional performance in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia appointed Chief Spokesperson of Govt
Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia, an Indian Information Service (IIS) officer, was appointed the principal spokesperson of the government.
- Dhatwalia, a 1984-batch IIS officer, has been posted as the new principal director general of the Press Information Bureau (PIB), the publicity wing of the central government.
Paytm Senior Vice President Nitin Misra resigns
Nitin Misra, Senior Vice President at Paytm, has submitted his resignation earlier this month. Recently, another Paytm Senior Vice President Deepak Abbot was reported to have left Paytm.
Venu Rajamony’s book released in Amsterdam
‘India and the Netherlands – Past, Present and Future’, a book authored by India’s Ambassador to the Netherlands, Venu Rajamony, was released in the Netherlands.
- The book written by Venu Rajamony, a Kochi native, is an encyclopaedia of the cross-cultural legacy between India and the Netherlands.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs
One Thought to “Daily Current Affairs 3rd October, 2019”
Some tips i have observed in terms of pc memory is that often there are specifications such as SDRAM, DDR and many others, that must match up the specs of the motherboard. If the personal computer’s motherboard is rather current and there are no os issues, upgrading the storage space literally requires under 1 hour. It’s one of many easiest computer system upgrade processes one can think about. Thanks for expressing your ideas.