Daily Current Affairs 30 April 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
India Approves Opening of New Diplomatic Mission in Lithuania
The Union Cabinet approved a proposal to open a new Indian mission in Lithuania in 2022 in a bid to deepen political relations and strategic cooperation and enable growth of bilateral trade with the Baltic country.
Union Cabinet Approves Signing Of Pact Between India And Chile In Disability Sector
The Union Cabinet approved the signing of a pact between India and Chile for cooperation in the disability sector. An official statement said the Memorandum of Understanding will encourage cooperation between the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities and the Government of Chile through joint initiatives in the disabilities sector.
IndiGo becomes first airline to use indigenous navigation system GAGAN
IndiGo becomes the first airline in Asia to land its aircraft using the indigenous navigation system GAGAN. This is a huge leap for Indian Civil Aviation and a firm step toward Aatmanirbhar Bharat, as India becomes the third country in the world to have its own SBAS system after the USA and Japan.
- The flight was conducted using an ATR-72 aircraft and landed at the Kishangarh airport in Rajasthan, using GPS-aided geo-augmented navigation (GAGAN), which has been jointly developed by the Centre-run Airports Authority of India (AAI) and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
IAF chief inaugurates logistics seminar LOGISEM VAYU-2022
Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Vivek Chaudhari inaugurated the logistics seminar LOGISEM VAYU-2022 in New Delhi.
- During the seminar, Air Chief Marshal Chaudhari delivered the inaugural address which included the roadmap for logistics management in Indian Air Force.
- The Chief of the Air Staff directed that the present supply chain management should look forward with an aim to enhance logistics capabilities and develop a focused approach towards indigenisation of critical components to achieve self-reliance in Defence.
Estonia hosts the world’s largest cyber exercise
The Tallinn, Estonia NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence, abbreviated as CCDCOE, is organising the Locked Shields 2022, the largest and most complex annual international live-fire cyber defence exercise in the world. This year’s exercise has particular importance as it takes place amid the rising threat of cyber-attacks since the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Deepika Padukone On Cannes Film Festival jury
Deepika Padukone will grace the Cannes Film Festival as a member of the jury, this year. The actress-producer has attended the prestigious film festival several times in the past, in the capacity of an ambassador of the beauty brand L’Oreal. The jury for the 75th edition of the film festival is headed by French actor Vincent Lindon, who won Best Actor at Cannes in 2015.
- With her induction into the Cannes jury, Deepika Padukone has become a part of a select group of Indian stalwarts who served in the same role in the past, including Sharmila Tagore, Nandita Das, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and Vidya Balan.
BANKING & FINANCE
World Bank approved $47 million program for India’s Mission Karmayogi program
The World Bank has approved a USD 47 million projects to support the Government of India’s Mission Karmayogi, a national program to build civil service capacity. There are nearly 18 million civil servants employed across India, with approximately two-thirds at the state government and local authority levels.
- The Bank’s financing aims to support the Government’s objectives of enhancing the functional and behavioural competencies of approximately four million civil servants.
Former SBI chairman Rajnish Kumar joined Indifi Technologies as advisor
Online lending platform, Indifi Technologies has appointed former chairman of SBI, Rajnish Kumar as an advisor. Presently, he sits on the boards of HSBC Asia Pacific, L&T Infotech, Hero MotoCorp and BharatPe. As an advisor, he will engage with the management on the company’s growth strategy and provide guidance in the financial services sector. In this capacity, Kumar will engage with the management on the company’s growth strategy and provide guidance in the financial services sector.
- In his earlier assignments, he has also served as the Managing Director of National Banking Group and as the Managing Director of Compliance and Risk at SBI.