Daily Current Affairs 30 August 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
PM inaugurates Pedestrians-And-Cyclists-Only Atal Bridge in Gujarat
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 300-metre long ‘Atal Bridge’ for pedestrians and cyclists across the Sabarmati river in Ahmedabad.
- Atal Bridge not only connects the two banks of Sabarmati river but it is also unique in design and innovation.
Bengaluru second top tech hub in Asia Pacific after Beijing
Bengaluru ranked second in the Asia Pacific region in the top tech hubs list and is only behind China’s Beijing, according to a report by Cushman and Wakefield. The report, called ‘Tech Cities: The Global Intersection of Talent and Real Estate’, studied as many as 115 different ‘tech cities’ across the globe.
- After Beijing and Bengaluru, the list has three other Indian cities, Chennai, Delhi and Hyderabad. Mumbai and Pune also made it to the top-10 list with eighth and ninth position in a list of 14 cities from the APAC.
BANKING & FINANCE
ICICI Bank partners NPCI to launch Rupay credit cards
ICICI Bank has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch a range of credit cards on the native payments network Rupay.
- The first card – ICICI Bank Coral RuPay Credit Card – is a contactless card to provide users with numerous benefits of reward points on daily purchases such as shopping, utility bills, complimentary domestic airport and railway lounge access, discounts on movie tickets and dining, among others. It also offers accidental insurance coverage and 24×7 concierge services.
Virat Kohli becomes first-ever Indian to play 100 matches in all 3 international formats
Virat Kohli has become the first-ever Indian and overall second cricketer to play at least 100 matches in each of the three international formats. This T20I against Pakistan is the 33-year-old’s 100th T20I. He has played 102 Tests and 262 ODIs. Former New Zealand batter Ross Taylor had become the first cricketer to achieve the feat in February 2020.
Satwik and Chirag claim first medal for India in World Badminton Championship
The Indian duo of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty won a historic medal at the World Championships in Tokyo and became the first-ever Indian pair to claim a medal in the men’s doubles competition.
Max Verstappen Wins 2022 Belgian F1 Grand Prix
Max Verstappen continued his dominant 2022 Formula One campaign, breezing to a victory in the Belgian Grand Prix for his ninth win of the season.
- The 24-year-old is only four wins behind Schumacher’s record set in the 2004 campaign, a mark that many thought would never be broken.
Viktor Axelsen wins second BWF World Championships title
Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen won his second badminton world title, beating Thailand’s Kunlavut Vitidsarn 21-5, 21-16 in the final in Tokyo.
- Axelsen, who won Olympic gold last year, also claimed the world title in Glasgow in 2017.
- The win gave Axelsen his sixth title of the season.
James Anderson becomes most successful pacer in international cricket, bags 950 wickets
James Anderson became the most successful pace bowler in the history of international cricket.
- The 40-year-old ageless pace legend accomplished this feat in the second Test against South Africa in Manchester’s Old Trafford.
- Now, he has overtaken Glenn McGrath (949 wickets) to become the sport’s leading pacer. In 287 matches, Anderson has taken 951 wickets.
Adille Sumariwalla takes over as President of Indian Olympic Association
The Indian Olympic Association has co-opted Adille Sumariwalla as the President of the association till fresh elections are held. Adille Sumariwalla replaces Narinder Dhruv Batra, who resigned in July 2022 citing personal reasons.
Karnataka’s Divita Rai crowned LIVA Miss Diva Universe 2022
23-year-old Divita Rai from Karnataka won the prestigious title of Miss Diva Universe 2022. Rai was crowned by the reigning Miss Universe 2021, Harnaaz Sandhu, at a lavish ceremony that celebrated the 10th anniversary of the coveted pageant.