Daily Current Affairs 30 December 2017 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Centre sanctions 1250 crore rupees for transport sector in Assam
The Centre has sanctioned 1250 crore rupees for the development of transport sector of Assam. This is Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Ministry’s decision to provide financial assistance for the all-round development of the inland transport sector of the state.
Centre releases Rs 24,500 crore to compensate states post GST
Centre told Parliament that the revenue loss to states on account of GST implementation was Rs 24,500 crore between July-October and the Centre has released compensation to make up for it.
- As per the details of GST compensation released to states as on November 30, Karnataka got maximum compensation from the Centre at Rs 3,271 crore, followed by Gujarat (Rs 2,282 crore) and Punjab (Rs 2,098 crore).
Centre approves ₹4,066 cr for internet in all panchayats
The government has approved ₹4,066 crore for providing internet connectivity to people in all gram panchayats under BharatNet project. The government is rolling BharatNet project to provide high-speed broadband connectivity at gram panchayat (GP) levels. The government plans to connect all GPs with high-speed broadband by March 2019.
MP CM flags off mobile museum Adi Shankara Sandesh Vahini in Kochi
As part of the Ekatm Yatra, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan flagged off a mobile museum, showcasing various aspects of the life of Adi Shankaracharya, from the home of the saints mother near Kochi, Kerala.
- The journey of the mobile museum Adi Shankara Sandesh Vahini, is being organised to propagate the philosophy and teachings of Adi Shankaracharya among the youth.
Telangana farmers to get 24-hour free electricity from Dec 31
Telangana is going to create history by becoming the first state in the country offering free power to farmers 24 hours a day. Farmers in Telangana will get 24-hour free power supply from the midnight of December 31.
78th Indian History Congress begins in Kolkata
The three-day long 78th session of the Indian History Congress has begun at the Jadavpur University campus in Kolkata.
- The aim of conducting the Indian History Congress is for promotion and encouragement of the scientific study of Indian History, holding Congresses and publishing proceedings, bulletins, memoirs, journals and other works
BANKING & FINANCE
Centre pumps ₹7,577 cr into 6 public sector banks
Coming to the rescue of ailing banks, the Centre has pumped in capital of ₹7,577 crore in 6 weak public sector banks. Bank of India, IDBI Bank, Uco Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Dena Bank and Central Bank of India have received equity through preferential issue of shares with two of them informing stock exchanges about the decision.
- The six banks are on the list of players that are part of prompt corrective action initiated against state-run lenders whose performance has slipped due to a pile-up of bad debt.
- While the government decides the mode for recapitalisation of all state-run banks, it advanced the release of funds to these six to help them meet their equity requirements and enable them to resume normal business.
Allahabad Bank ties up with NeSL
Allahabad Bank has entered into an agreement with state-run National e-Governance Services Limited (NeSL) for utilizing the latter’s Information Utility Services envisaged under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- NeSL, owned by the government, is the first Information Utility entity registered by Insolvency and bankruptcy Board of India under IBBI (IU) Regulations, 2017.
Jitu Rai wins Men’s 50m pistol national title
In Shooting, ace Indian marksman Jitu Rai won the Men’s 50-metre pistol national title, setting a new record score of 233 at the 61st National Shooting Championships in Thiruvananthapuram.
Mystery Writer Sue Grafton passes away at 77
Sue Grafton, author and creator of the Alphabet Series of mystery novels, has passed away at age 77. She was dealing with cancer for the last two years.