Daily Current Affairs 30 June 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
India’s first fractionally-owned solar power plant launched by PYSE in Karnataka
An investment platform PYSE has launched India’s first fractionally-owned solar power plant in Karnataka. The platform helps retail investors to invest in sustainable projects that create social and environmental impacts from a ticket size as low as Rs 5,000.
PADMA, the Centralised Pay System for Indian Coast Guard launched
Pay Roll Automation for Disbursement of Monthly Allowances (PADMA), an automated Pay & Allowances module for the Indian Coast Guard was inaugurated by Shri Rajnish Kumar, Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA), Ministry of Defence.
- PADMA is an automated platform leveraging latest technology which will provide seamless and timely disbursal of Pay & Allowances to around 15,000 Indian Coast Guard personnel.
‘Dak Karmayogi’ portal to enhance competencies of about 4 lakh Gramin Dak Sevaks & Departmental employees
‘Dak Karmayogi’, an e-learning portal of the Department of Posts was launched by Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Communications, Railways, Electronics & IT, and Shri Devusinh Chauhan, Minister of State for Communications.
- This portal has been developed ‘In-House’ under vision of ‘Mission Karmayogi’, which was conceptualized by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi with a view to bring efficiency in actions of all the employees of Government of India and transforming efficiency of bureaucracy with ‘Minimum Government’ and ‘Maximum Governance’.
- ‘Dak Karmayogi’ portal will enhance the competencies of about 4 lakh Gramin Dak Sevaks & Departmental employees by enabling the trainees to access the uniform standardized training content online or in blended campus mode to enable them to effectively deliver a number of G2C services for enhanced customer satisfaction
NASA’s CAPSTONE mission launches to the Moon
A small NASA-financed spacecraft launched from New Zealand, kicking off the space agency’s plans to send astronauts back to the moon in a few years. The spacecraft, called CAPSTONE, is about the size of a microwave oven. It will study a specific orbit where NASA plans to build a small space station for astronauts to stop at before and after going to the moon’s surface.
BANKING & FINANCE
Credit card spends touch all-time high
Credit card spends touched an all-time high of ₹1.14 trillion in May, a sign that the retail economy is growing strong.
- Credit card spends grew 118% year-on-year and 8% month-on-month on the back of strong e-commerce spending and high-value spending on travel and tourism and discretionary purchases, according to Reserve Bank of India data.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Cashfree Payments partners EasyTransfer to offer international payments services
Fintech company Cashfree Payments has partnered Singapore-headquartered cross-border education payment services platform EasyTransfer to offer a faster, easier, and cheaper platform for Indian students to make fee payments to universities and educational institutions abroad.
- With this partnership, Indian students will be able to make payments directly through their existing bank accounts, eliminating the need to set up a new account specifically for making such payments, said the firm.
Star Health, IDFC FIRST Bank announce Bancassurance tie-up
Star Health has signed a corporate agency agreement with IDFC FIRST Bank for distribution of its health insurance solutions.
- Under this strategic agreement, Star Health and Allied Insurance Company will offer its best in class health insurance products to the Bank’s customers using IDFC FIRST Bank’s state of the art digital platform and its wide distribution network.
Bajaj Allianz launches Global Health Care insurance policy
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has launched ‘Global Health Care’, a comprehensive health indemnity insurance product that provides cover to a policyholder for planned as well as emergency treatment both in India and abroad.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has collaborated with Allianz Partners to provide a seamless claims experience to policyholders.
Akash Ambani named Reliance Jio Chairman; Mukesh Ambani resigns
Reliance Jio Infocomm said Mukesh Ambani has stepped down as the company’s director, effective from the close of working hours on June 27. The telecom arm of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) also said its board has approved the appointment of Akash Ambani, non-executive director of the company, as its chairman, according to a regulatory filing.
- Mukesh Ambani will continue to be the chairman of Jio Platforms Ltd, the flagship company that owns all Jio digital services brands, including Reliance Jio Infocomm.
Writer Chowalloor Krishnankutty passes away
Writer, lyricist and scenarist Chowalloor Krishnankutty has passed away. He was 86. A recipient of the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi and Kerala Sahitya Akademi awards, Krishnankutty also served as the vice-chairman of the Kerala Kalamandalam.
- He has penned hundreds of devotional songs. The song Oru neramengilum, from the album Thulasi Theertham is the most popular of his lyrics. Krishnankutty acted in the film Maram directed by Yusafali Kecheri. He also wrote the dialogues for the movie Sargam.
India hockey Olympic medalist Varinder Singh passes away
Legendary Indian hockey player Varinder Singh, an Olympic and world championships medalist, has passed away. The hockey great was 75.
- Varinder Singh was part of the bronze medal-winning Indian men’s hockey team at the 1972 Munich Olympics. He was an integral member of India’s dominant hockey team in the 1970s.