Daily Current Affairs 30 May 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Narendra Modi takes oath as 15th Prime Minister
Capping a landslide victory in the Lok Sabha elections, Narendra Modi, along with his Councils of Minister, on 3oth May took oath as the 15th Prime Minister of India in the forecourt of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The 68-year-old stalwart took oath as the Prime Minister for the second consecutive term.
- Top leaders and guests were invited from around the world and across the nation to attend Modi’s swearing-in ceremony.
Binny, India’s Only Orangutan Dies In Odisha Zoo
A 41-year-old orangutan at Odisha’s Nandankanan Zoological Park died following a prolonged illness. ”Binny”, the country’s lone orangutan passed away due to old-age related ailments followed by respiratory tract infection.
- “Since the last three days, she was suffering from cold and old age related respiratory tract issues. Accordingly, treatment was going on,” sources said
Jagan Mohan Reddy takes oath as Andhra Pradesh CM
Cheered by thousands of supporters, Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy took oath as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
- Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan administered him the oath of office and secrecy at a public ceremony held at the Indira Gandhi Municipal Stadium in Vijayawada.
Military tribunal allows Karambir Singh to take charge as new Navy Chief
The Armed Forces Tribunal cleared the way for Vice Admiral Karambir Singh to become the next Navy Chief, while it deferred for four weeks the matter of Vice Admiral Bimal Verma which seeks to quash Singh’s appointment.
- Karambir Singh, who is the Commander-in-Chief of the Eastern Naval Command, will take over as the Navy Chief on 31st May 2019.
Vice-Admiral Atul Kumar Jain takes over as chief of ENC
Vice-Admiral Atul Kumar Jain took over as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C), Eastern Naval Command (ENC), from Vice-Admiral Karambir Singh.
James Marape elected new Papua New Guinea PM
James Marape, a former finance minister and critic of a major global gas development deal, has been elected by parliament as the prime minister of Papua New Guinea.
Indian Writer Annie Zaidi Wins USD 100,000 Global Book Prize ‘Nine Dots’
Indian writer Annie Zaidi was announced as the 2019 winner of the USD 100,000 Nine Dots Prize, a prestigious book prize created to award innovative thinking that addresses contemporary issues around the world.
- Mumbai-based Annie Zaidi, a freelance writer whose work includes reportage, essays, short stories, poetry, and plays, won for her entry ‘Bread, Cement, Cactus’– combining memoir and reportage to explore concepts of home and belonging rooted in her experience of contemporary life in India.
Lamar Odom launches a new book ‘Darkness to light’
Former American basketball player, Lamar Odom released a new book titled ‘Darkness to light’, which reportedly will reveal dark secrets of his life.
World Digestive Health Day
Every 29th May, the World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO), in collaboration with the WGO Foundation (WGOF), celebrates World Digestive Health Day (WDHD) and initiates a yearlong, worldwide, public health campaign.
- Each year focuses upon a particular digestive disease and/or disorder in order to increase general public awareness of prevention, prevalence, diagnosis, management and treatment of the disease and/or disorder.
- The theme for the World Digestive Health Day 2019 campaign is “Early Diagnosis and Treatment of GI Cancer.”