Daily Current Affairs 30 November 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Central Govt extends deadline for FASTags to 15th December
The Transport Ministry has extended the 1st December deadline for 100% electronic toll collection across National Highways in the country by two weeks to 15th December. This comes as the government wants to allow a 15 days’ breather for vehicle owners to switch to FASTags.
Andhra Pradesh govt to set up university for skill development
Andhra Pradesh government has planned to set up a skill development university in the state to incorporate world-class technologies to match with industrial needs.
- Moreover, as many as 25 skill development centres will also be set up in the state, one centre each in every parliamentary constituency.
Delhi assembly first in India to host Commonwealth Youth Parliament
In a first, the Delhi assembly along with the Lok Sabha hosted a three-day Commonwealth Youth Parliament. 47 participants from 24 Commonwealth countries participated in the event.
- It is for the first time that an Indian Legislature hosted the Commonwealth Youth Parliament.
UNDP launches Accelerator Lab in India
The thinking is that this will make the world progress faster towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the UN with 2030 as the deadline.
- To achieve the challenging goals within the stipulated timeframe, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) launched the India chapter of its new initiative, Accelerator Labs, for which it is partnering with Germany and Qatar.
India announces USD 450 million line of credit to Sri Lanka
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced financial assistance of USD 450 million to Sri Lanka including USD 50 million for counter-terrorism after holding talks with the visiting Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
BANKING & FINANCE
HR Khan Appointed as chairman of MFI panel
Former deputy governor of RBI, HR Khan has been appointed as the first chairman of the steering committee of the Code for Responsible Lending (CRL) in micro-credit. The CRL is a self-regulatory step for the micro-credit industry making diverse entities like banks, NBFC-MFIs and NBFCs adhere to standards of customer protection.
Aditya Birla Finance becomes first NBFC to list commercial paper on bourses
Non-bank lender Aditya Birla Finance became the first company to list its commercial papers borrowing of Rs 100 crore on the bourses.
- ABFL is a diversified non-banking finance company (NBFC) with a long-term credit rating of AAA (Stable) from both Icra as well as India Ratings.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
GDP slumps to 4.5 pc in Q2 FY20
The economic growth slowed to 4.5 per cent in the July to September quarter from 7.1 per cent in the corresponding period of last year, the government data showed.
- The economy had a weak performance last quarter with the GDP growth rate dropping to 5 per cent.
Tim Murtagh announces retirement from international cricket
Ireland pacer Tim Murtagh announced retirement from international cricket. The 38-year old seamer made his international debut for Ireland in 2012.
Celebrated Malayalam poet Akkitham wins 2019 Jnanpith Award
Celebrated Malayalam poet Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri, popularly known as Akkitham, has won the Jnanpith Award 2019, becoming the sixth literary personality from Kerala to achieve the honour.
- Akkitham has published as many as 45 books comprising of poetry, anthologies, plays and short stories.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs