Daily Current Affairs 31 July 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Hyderabad gets its first private space museum
Hyderabad’s first private space museum in collaboration with Indian SpaceReserach Organisation (ISRO) has been inaugurated.
- The museum is open for the public where the visitors can gain knowledge about the various types of astronomical objects with the help of 2D and 3D models.
Govt plans to combat vehicle theft with microdot patches
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued a draft notification to amend the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, allowing motor vehicles and their parts, components, assemblies and sub-assemblies to be affixed with permanent and nearly invisible microdots that can be read physically with a microscope and identified with an ultra violet light source.
- Microdot technology involves spraying the body and parts of a vehicle – or any other machine – with microscopic dots. This gives the object or vehicle a unique identification. Use of this technology is expected to help check vehicle theft and the use of fake spare parts.
‘Pink coaches’ introduced by the Northest frontier railway
Indian Railways ‘Northeast Frontier Railway zone’ has started a unique initiative to earmark a special portion of the SLR coach with pink colour.
- This is done to specially help the women passengers with better safety and security.
India extends $500,000 assistance to Gambia during President Kovind’s visit
President Ram Nath Kovind held delegation-level talks with his Gambian counterpart President Adama Barrow in Banjul and promised to extend an assistance of USD 500,000 in support of skill development and cottage industry projects in the West African country.
- During the meeting, India also received an instrument of ratification of the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement from Gambia.
In the processing of solid waste, Chhattisgarh, Telangana lead
Chhattisgarh and Telangana processed the largest percentage of solid waste they generated in 2018 (until November), according to data provided to Parliament. Chhattisgarh generated a total 601,885 MTPA (metric tonne per annum) of waste, and was able to process 84% of it. The corresponding numbers for Telangana were 2,690,415 MTPA and 73%.
Union Cabinet approves MoU between ISRO and Bolivian space agency
Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Bolivian space agency for exploration and uses of outer space.
Bengaluru best student city in India, London tops global list: QS rankings
Debuting at 81st position globally, Bengaluru has been ranked India’s best city for students in the global ranking agency QS’ (Quacquarelli Symonds) latest Best Student Cities Ranking 2019. However, in terms of affordability, Bengaluru is ranked seventh globally.
- Globally, London emerged the world’s best student city for the second consecutive year, followed by Tokyo and Melbourne.
Singapore tops Asia in Dell Global Women Entrepreneur Cities Index 2019, Bengaluru top Indian City
According to the latest “Women Entrepreneur Cities Index 2019”, sponsored by Dell and conducted by London-based global information provider, IHS Markit, Singapore tops in Asian city ranked at 21st position, while Indian cities Bengaluru(Karnataka) and Delhi were ranked 43rd (7th in Asia) and 50th (10th in Asia) respectively.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI Money Museum promotes people’s knowledge of banking system
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Money Museum at Council House Street in Central Kolkata, which opened earlier this year, has been drawing a lot of attention for its unique initiative. The museum has been built with an aim to improve people’s knowledge of the banking system with the help of interactive displays.
- Inaugurated on March 11, 2019, the Museum remains open from 10 am to 5 pm for visitors.
- The main attention of the museum is a huge tree made using defunct coins and demonetised notes attached with a computer model depicting how money gets transferred to the account digitally.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Microsoft acquires data privacy & governance startup BlueTalon
Microsoft has acquired data privacy, governance service firm BlueTalon. BlueTalon helps enterprises set policies for how their employees can access their data. BlueTalon works with leading Fortune 100 companies to eliminate data security blind spots and gain visibility and control of data.
Former India International Venugopal Rao announces retirement
Former India batsman and Andhra Pradesh skipper Venugopal Rao has announced retirement from all forms of the game.
Australia all-rounder Ellyse Perry becomes first cricketer to reach 1000 runs, 100 wickets in T20Is
Australia all-rounder Ellyse Perry became the first cricketer of either gender to reach the rare milestone of scoring 1000 runs and taking 100 wickets in the T20 format.
ICC names two new umpires in elite panel for 2019-20
The International Cricket Council has named Michael Gough of England and Joel Wilson of the West Indies in the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Umpires for 2019-20 season.
- They will replace retired umpire Ian Gould and Ravi Sundaram who were part of the previous panel.
Rakesh Asthana given additional charge of NCB for six months
Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved the entrustment of additional charge of the post of Director General, Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) to Rakesh Asthana.
- The appointment is for a period of 6 months, the ACC said.
Bollywood’s advocate Dinesh Tiwari receives ‘Society Global Indian Icon Award’
Recently in a glittering event hosted in London by the Society Magazine, Advocate Mr. Dinesh Tiwari was felicitated ‘The Society Global Indian Icon Award 2019’, for excellence in the field of law.
- He was presented the award by the hands of Mr. Gopichand Hinduja and in presence of Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar – the Chief Guests for the evening.
- The Society Global Indian Icon Awards 2019 is a showcase of India’s rising stature in the world and a celebration of how Indians as global citizens have excelled across the globe.
Noted economist Subir Gokarn passes away in Washington after brief illness
Noted economist and former RBI Deputy Governor Subir Vithal Gokarn has passed away after a brief illness.
- He was the RBI Deputy Governor from 2009-12 and oversaw monetary policy, research, financial markets, communications and deposit insurance.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs
3 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 31st July, 2019”
We’re a gaggle of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable info to work on. You have performed an impressive activity and our whole group can be grateful to you.
The very root of your writing while sounding reasonable at first, did not really sit properly with me after some time. Somewhere within the paragraphs you actually were able to make me a believer but only for a very short while. I still have got a problem with your leaps in assumptions and one would do well to fill in those gaps. In the event that you actually can accomplish that, I could undoubtedly end up being impressed.
Yet another thing I would like to express is that in place of trying to suit all your online degree classes on days of the week that you conclude work (since the majority people are exhausted when they get back), try to obtain most of your sessions on the weekends and only a couple courses in weekdays, even if it means a little time off your saturdays. This is beneficial because on the week-ends, you will be more rested along with concentrated for school work. Thx for the different suggestions I have figured out from your website.