Daily Current Affairs 31 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
National Skill Development Corporation partners with LawSikho to strengthen upskilling programs
National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has partnered with fast-growing legal education startup LawSikho to bring world-class skill development programs resonating with the vision of NSDC to fulfil the growing need in India for skilled manpower and narrow the existing gap between demand and supply of skills.
BANKING & FINANCE
HDFC Securities partners Equitas SFB to offer demat, trading services
HDFC Securities Ltd announced its partnership with Equitas Small Finance Bank to provide its clients with a demat account and its broking or investment services.
- With this partnership, Equitas SFB will be able to offer its customers a 3-in-1 account that helps them access the services of HDFC Securities.
India Post Payments Bank ties up with TATA AIG
India Post Payments Bank has tied up with TATA AIG for providing TATA Accidental Guard policy to IPPB customers. A special drive has commenced from 15th July in all post offices in Goa for covering the citizens of the state under this policy.
Union Bank plans automated solution for resolution of stressed assets
State-owned Union Bank of India said it is developing an automated solution for early resolution of stressed assets.
- The lender said the product — Union SARAS (Stressed Asset Recovery Automated Solution) — will cover recovery actions under SARFAESI, DRT and IBC.
- Other recovery actions include Civil Suit Revenue Recovery Act, Lok Adalat, classification of non-cooperative borrower, examination of staff accountability, willful defaulter, data and write-off, the bank said.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
ONGC inks MoU with Greenko to manufacture green hydrogen
State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Greenko ZeroC Private Limited, to jointly pursue opportunities in renewables, green hydrogen, green Ammonia and other derivatives of green hydrogen.
- Greenko is one of India’s leading renewable energy Companies.
Cricketer Karuna Jain announces retirement from all forms of cricket
The 36-year-old former Indian women’s team wicketkeeper, Karuna Jain announced her retirement from all forms of the cricket game. During her career, the Bengaluru-based cricket player represented Indian, Karnataka, Pondicherry and South Zone so far.
The official slogan for the Olympic and Paralympic Games Paris 2024: Games Wide Open
Organisers of the 2024 Paris Olympics unveiled “Games Wide Open” as their official slogan and announced prices for tickets fans can start to apply for from December.
- The slogan was released alongside a video promising the Olympics and Paralympics would be “faster”, “higher” and “stronger” — as well as “more inclusive, more brotherly, more beautiful.”
Netherlands wins 2022 Women’s FIH Hockey World Cup
Defending champions the Netherlands won the 2022 Women’s FIH Hockey World Cup for a record ninth time after defeating Argentina 3–1 in the final. Australia won the third place match by defeating Germany 2–1 to claim their first World Cup medal as well.
- It was held from 1 to 17 July 2022 at the Estadi Olímpic de Terrassa in Terrassa, Spain and at the Wagener Stadium in Amstelveen, the Netherlands.