Daily Current Affairs 31 May 2020 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Madhya Pradesh launches ‘Rozgar Setu’ scheme for skilled workers
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced the launch of the ‘Rozgar Setu’ scheme, saying it would help secure employment for skilled workers who have returned.
- This would fulfil the manpower requirement of industries as well as provide employment to workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In the ongoing financial year, the scheme will cover 10,553 revenue villages of 10 districts such as Morena, Sheopur and Bhopal in the first phase.
Labour Ministry launches online skills training course
The Union Ministry of Labour and Employment said that it had started free online career skills training through its National Career Service project for job-seekers registered with it.
- The course on soft skills, launched in partnership with TCS iON, helps job-seekers improve their “corporate etiquette, inter-personal skills, presentation skills” etc.
- The training modules are available on the NCS portal in Hindi and English, it added. About 1 crore job-seekers and 54,000 employers are registered on the portal,
Missile Park Agneeprastha To Be Set Up At INS Kalinga
The foundation stone for a missile park was laid at INS Kalinga by Cmde Rajesh Debnath, Commanding Officer, in the presence of Flag Officer Commanding-In-Chief, Eastern Naval Command Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain.
- The Missile Park, once completed, will be dedicated to all the officers, sailors and support staff of INS Kalinga, who have served in this premier operation-support Base of the ENC since its establishment in 1981.
- The park also commemorates the award of the prestigious Unit Citation to INS Kalinga for the year 2018-19.
BANKING & FINANCE
NABARD grants Rs 1,050 crore to West Bengal during FY 21 for the benefit of farmers & poor people
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned credit of Rs 1,050 crore in the current fiscal so far to West Bengal for benefit of farmers and poor people in rural areas.
- The credit support under special liquidity facility (SLF) will be extended to state cooperative banks, regional rural banks and micro-finance institutions (MFIs).
Sandip Pradhan’s tenure as SAI Director General extended by two years
The tenure of Sandip Pradhan as Director General of the Sports Authority of India (SAI) has been extended by two years from June 6, 2020.
- SAI’s Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for resumption of training in sports facilities was recently approved by the Sports Ministry.
Arun Singhal becomes new CEO of FSSAI
Arun Singhal as chief executive officer of India’s apex food regulator Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- Singhal is special secretary, department of health and family welfare.
- He will succeed GSG Ayyangar who was briefly appointed as the CEO of the food regulator
Finance Ministry appoints PR Jaishankar as MD of IIFCL
The ministry of finance appointed PR Jaishankar as the managing director of the India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL) for three years.
- The appointment comes after the Bank Boards Bureau (BBB), the headhunter for state-run banks and financial institutions, recommended Jaishankar on March 15.
- The ministry also appointed Harsha Bangari as deputy managing director (DMD) of Exim Bank. She was the bank’s chief general manager (CGM) before this.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India Observatory launches GIS-enabled dashboard, CoAST India
India Observatory has come up with a Geographic Information System (GIS)-enabled dashboard called Collaboration/Covid Action Support Group (CoAST India) to monitor the movements of migrants.
- The dashboard has been made in collaboration with Foundation for Ecological Security (FES).
- The CoAST India dashboard includes an India map, which will show the movement of migrants in real time, often on foot.
IT Minister Launches National AI Portal of India
On the occasion of the first anniversary of the second tenure of the government, the Union Minister for Electronics and IT, Law and Justice and Communications Ravi Shankar Prasad launched India’s national Artificial Intelligence Portal called www.ai.gov.in
- This portal has been jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and IT and IT Industry. National e-Governance Division of Ministry of Electronics and IT and NASSCOM from the IT industry will jointly run this portal.
- This portal shall work as a one stop digital platform for AI related developments in India, sharing of resources such as articles, startups, investment funds in AI, resources, companies and educational institutions related to AI in India.